It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Blaine, Criss Angel..Magic or ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
en.wikipedia.org...

That link is the one i was referring to Skyway.

Explains it all... he has no powers. He is just a skilled magician.

I now know exactly what you are referring to fooffstarr. I have seen a video of Criss Angel demonstrating that trick. But that is not the same as his levitations outdoors, in public, where he levitates from one building to another. All he was doing in explaining the little trick with the slipping out of the foot and keeping the audience behind him is just a little scrap that he threw out to the curious.

But that cute little trick reveals nothing about his open-air levitations. Anyone can learn to do that cute little trick with the short step up, but I would not advise anyone to attempt his "serious" levitation from one roof top....across a wide open expanse....through the air....to another rooftop. That levitation is what I think Criss Angel is referring to when he says he levitates through the power of his mind.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
I looked up Criss Angel in Wikipedia, as you suggested, and he says that he does some of his levitations, teleports, and telekinesis through "the power of the mind, body and spirit attained through meditation." So, there are no cables or gimmicks.
Seriously, are you really that gullible? Do you believe wrestling is real too?

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I thought about asking that same question in my last post..LOL!!

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Not gullible...just capable of learning new things. Oh, and I don't waste time watching wrestling.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This guy HAS made a "deal with the devil" his trick of sticking his hand through volunteers is also used by voodoo priests in many parts of the world to intimidate others.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Why wouldn't be possible? Tapping into a part of our mind through meditation and being able to perform these feats. HELLO, we believe in other crazy stuff on here. Think about it, no more getting in our cars, wasting money on gas...we would just levitate from one place to the next. Or someone makes us angry and we could just split them in half..hehe.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Besides..how do you think the Egyptians built all those pyramids? Like that guy in Miami Florida Ed Leedskalnin, who was said to have tapped into that part of his brain and build the coral castle with his mind.

www.coralcastle.com...

I've been there. Its pretty awesome, dont know how he could have built it by himself.

[edit on 5-3-2007 by tator3]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Not gullible...just capable of learning new things. Oh, and I don't waste time watching wrestling.
Well learn how the tricks are done. There is no magic, its all tricks and deception.

Saying magic is real does nothing for your credibility here at all. Ive seen your posts in other threads. You believe in everything without question.

Me, I tend to question things myself and only believe things when Ive seen enough evidence.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Saying magic is real does nothing for your credibility here at all. Ive seen your posts in other threads. You believe in everything without question.

That's a completely false statement. I don't believe you. And there have been many other things that I have not believed. You need to learn more and think more before posting.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tator3
Yeah, and Criss Angel walking on water in that pool in Las Vegas. It was either staged with actors...or WOW. People were like swimming in front of him and under him as he walked across the pool...freaky

www.youtube.com...

I heard maybe (tho i duno how) there was a perspex sheet or something and he just walked on that, people could swim under it etc.. the reason he kicked his shoes off was to show there was nothing underneath he was walking on..... but there was a gap in the sheet.... where he lost his shoes. DADAAAA! magic. ?? i duno....

Watch it, when he gets to that point you see he stalls his step for a bit, then steps further out. Which he also does right at the end before stepping up out of the pool.. maybe cause the sheet is so 'invisible' even he wasnt sure where to tread?

And those people are actors. Theres a chinese girl who appears in a couple of his audiences. So either there was a sheet OR its all special effects, like his building floating etc.. its all ilusion and none of it is REAL... except for it being a REAL ILLUSION.

That other thing he done with the needles in his mouth, like blaine, is OLD. some fake skin effects and needles already threaded on it, the main trick to it is surely just the 'removing? of the needles' in the glass before he swallowed the drink?... tho i dont see where he removed them.

Why people are even asking if its real or illusion is beyond me

Lets face it, we would love to believe its real cause we all wana be superhuman and have others to prove it possible.

oh n heres another view on levitation...... tho... how likely is it that there are 'anti gravity' belts n devices
hmmmmmm.. i dont think so yet.

blue screens / props / actors / end of.

[edit on 5-3-2007 by Black_Sheep_Squadron]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I don't think he was stepping on anything but water. The way he places his foot down, looks like he was trying to keep it flat, so it looked like he was actually walking, but the way he moves his feet and legs makes me think that he was wired to something, and it was merely holding him above the water, while he was "walking."

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Yeah i thought that at first too weird walking, u probably right i just hoped maybe this time he didnt use wires again

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Edit- Found a link for it en.wikipedia.org...
"Past guests include Criss Angel, James Randi (often with Paul Provenza), Mac King, Gilbert Gottfried, Trey Parker, Joe Rogan and Lawrence O'Donnell (nicknamed L.O.D. by Jillette)."

Lol.. the comedic illusionist Penn Fraser Jillette from Penn and Teller had a radio program (dunno if it still runs) that played here in New York. Anyways, he tells the audience plainly that magic isn't real and its all just tricks. He also doesn't believe in god or anything supernatural pretty much, if that tells you anything.

Anyways, he has had Cris Angel on the show a few times and Cris himself admits that all his "magic" is just illusions and magic isn't real. They even ripped on David Blain a little for acting like hes some real magician. Anyways thats all I have to add, if one of the guys in question says himself its all just tricks and illusions,, then theres no reason to believe magic is real.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by nybaseball44]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tator3
I see what you are saying, but either the people he meets on the streets are actors or he is a really good magician. The slight of hand tricks I can see to be learnt, but what about the mind reading parts..that goes beyond illusions.

A lot of people don't know this,but magicians have a kind of secret society.If you go a magic store you will not be able to buy advanced tricks,you have to start a the novice level and continue to buy tricks until you've proven your interest,not simply buying the tricks to figure out how they work.I think they pull people from these groups to use a plants in the crowds.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There is a history to magicians in Europe, where they were often labeled as "Satanist," "followers of the black arts," and "witches/wizards." They were often thought to be deviant from God, because they could perform extraordinary feats. Many were killed and laws were made banning their arts, but after some time of convincing the Churches and Kings that it's nothing but illusions, many were allowed once again to practice their art. They merely demonstrated how their tricks are done in front of rulers, to avoid further persecution.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nybaseball44
Edit- Found a link for it en.wikipedia.org...
"Past guests include Criss Angel, James Randi (often with Paul Provenza), Mac King, Gilbert Gottfried, Trey Parker, Joe Rogan and Lawrence O'Donnell (nicknamed L.O.D. by Jillette)."

Lol.. the comedic illusionist Penn Fraser Jillette from Penn and Teller had a radio program (dunno if it still runs) that played here in New York. Anyways, he tells the audience plainly that magic isn't real and its all just tricks. He also doesn't believe in god or anything supernatural pretty much, if that tells you anything.

Anyways, he has had Cris Angel on the show a few times and Cris himself admits that all his "magic" is just illusions and magic isn't real. They even ripped on David Blain a little for acting like hes some real magician. Anyways thats all I have to add, if one of the guys in question says himself its all just tricks and illusions,, then theres no reason to believe magic is real.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by nybaseball44]

Good find.

'Nuff said.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

That's a completely false statement. I don't believe you. And there have been many other things that I have not believed. You need to learn more and think more before posting.
Not really, the thread I viewed just after that had you believing in some junk.

Even the people that do it admit its deception and not real, yet you still believe in magic?

[edit on 6-3-2007 by Flyer]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Not really, the thread I viewed just after that had you believing in some junk.

Even the people that do it admit its deception and not real, yet you still believe in magic?

[edit on 6-3-2007 by Flyer]

Where and when did I say I believe in magic? Well, at least you can't accuse me of believing you.

Even if I believe that some people can levitate, it doesn't mean I believe in magic. I suspect that levitation is probably an effect caused by a reverse polarity in the levitating subject to the gravitational "charge" of the Earth that is similar to the effects caused by different polarities in electricity and magnetism. Gravity attracts like a magnet in one gravitational charge and repels in the opposite charge.

Some people may have discovered, or been taught, a technique for reversing the gravitational polarity in their body from the one that attracts it to our planet to the one that repels, and this results in levitation. But then there is still the question of how a person who levitates can move in different directions horizontally once they have levitated. Sometimes, possible solutions to one mystery lead to other mysteries.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by SkyWay]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Where and when did I say I believe in magic? Well, at least you can't accuse me of believing you.
Right below as anyone will tell you human levitation is so called magic.

Even if I believe that some people can levitate, it doesn't mean I believe in magic. I suspect that levitation is probably an effect caused by a reverse polarity in the levitating subject to the gravitational "charge" of the Earth that is similar to the effects caused by different polarities in electricity and magnetism. Gravity attracts like a magnet in one gravitational charge and repels in the opposite charge.
Thanks for proving my earlier points, blindly believing in wild theories with zero evidence whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Right below as anyone will tell you human levitation is so called magic.

Thanks for proving my earlier points, blindly believing in wild theories with zero evidence whatsoever.

Theories about natural forces such as gravity are not belief in magic. I even made the difference OBVIOUS for you in the explanation which you just quoted, and you STILL used it as though it supports your claim. You have used a quote which contradicts your claim as though it supports it.
According to your logic(?), every theoretician must believe in magic.

All I was saying is that there may be ways of manipulating the gravitational force of nature so that its effect is neutralized or reversed altogether.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join