It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Blaine, Criss Angel..Magic or ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Blaine and Angel...

An illusion is simply a deception. They are both illusionists as they deceive your eyes and mind.

I am sure from talent and giftedness to camera tricks, actors to all sorts of hired hands and equipment they are sucessfully entertaining-but still just illusionists.

No matter how "deep" or strange or otherworldy Blaine tries to appear, he only appears as an illusionist to me. A deceiver, and kind of annoying in the way he is always trying to be so mysterious.

That you tube video mocking him was too funny and I only watched 2 of the 4 minuters!

edit spelling

[edit on 5-3-2007 by 2l82sk8]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi
I can't comment on Criss Angel because I haven't seen his shows or know much about him. There was once a series of several shows on FOX in the US showing exactly how David Blaine's tricks were done.

One of the most amazing was where he "reads" a persons mind for a name then burns the paper of the name and rubs the ashes on his arm, revealing the name of the person thought-of. I remember some late-night TV ads selling a video which explained how it was done so you could do it at parties.

There's a reasonable explanation to all those tricks.

You know how he does that one? They do a take and pretend something went wrong with the camera, he palms off the bit of paper that the name is written on that he pretended to throw away and then writes it on his arm, then on the second take (which everyone sees) on TV he never gets a look at the paper that the name is written on and it looks like magic.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Criss Angel's show is called Mind Freak.

Remember the old saying, "Don't believe anything you hear & only half of what you see"?

These are edited, pre-recorded bits. They can edit out all mistakes & produce whatever the heck they want you to see! Nuff said with respect to that.

I watched some of the D. Blain shows last night also. ( I got sick of the Jesus tomb stuff pretty quick. ) He's good too.

As far as the mind guessing stuff, again, it's pre-recorded. How do you know you are not seeing attempt # 58 because the first 57 tries were unsuccessful?

It's great entertainment, but that's all it is. No magic sorry-

2PacSade-

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
With Chris Angel the tricks aren't even done that great.

One example is the one where he walks upto a wall and then proceeds to first walk straight up the wall and later down the wall.

If you look at it in slowmotion, you can see, 2 things that give the trick away, a safety harnes comming together and pulling his T-shirt so that it shows the harnes real well and tada, a cable. This one had the cable edited out.

Then you got that trick where he supposedly "levitates" from one roof to the other. During takeof and at one point while in transit, Chris gets shaken in a way thats typical when your initiate or interupt motion by mechanical means. This while the actual motion during the stunt is also clearly mechanical precision in a way something moving naturaly can't do.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Criss Angel is a fake!

I seen him "live" on a street one time. They tell you to stand way far back, and pretty much dont let you watch what he does. He always has his own "extras" as audience, they are all paid actors to be like ..."ooohhhhh ahhhhh, omg". They they either pause the camera, or edit out the good stuff. Its all fake. They really use the camera to their advantage.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Criss Angel is the one who outed David Blaine for using camera tricks in his shows. Yet if you ever watch Criss Angels show he does good tricks, but if there's ever a camera trick used you can clearly see the cut. He has some very bad editors on his show LOL

David Blaine does that trick where he takes the empty beer cans, swirls them around and you see it fill back up then me waves his hand over the cap and it goes from open to closed and suddenly the can is full again.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to do that trick LOL.

1.) Take a nail and punch a small hole in the can behind the cap area.

2.) Squeeze the can until you get about 2/3's of the liquid out.

3.) Now the can still has liquid in it but looks crushed/empty

4.) Take a small piece of paper and color it black with a sharpie and cut it out into the shape of the area of the cap that would be open and stick it to the can by sliding it just under the cap. Now the can apears to be open.

5.) Place the can somewhere to be "found" later.

6.) Pick the can up while putting a finger over the hole you made earlier and swirl the can around.

7.) The liquid inside will begin to build pressure up in the can causing it to make the can go back to regular shape.

8.) Wave your hand over the lid to remove the paper by palming it.

9) Open the can and pour some of the liquid out.

Amazing isn't it? LOL that's the easiest trick to do

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Contemporary magic is silly and fake, although there are of course exceptions to every rule, case in point Blaine and Criss.

I am aware that at least some of the tricks these guys do are completely illusion. In fact, Criss likes to say how he likes to "blur the lines of reality and illusion" and that "alot of what I do is real, alot is illusion, you have to figure it out".

But, I also know that some of the things they do are completely real, it is extremely difficult to fake walking on water with a full pool of people...

However, realize that what we call "magic", REAL magic, is nothing more than the manipulation of the universal energy grids. People such as monks and shamans and witches, have been using magic, REAL magick, for thousands of years.

Im sure you all have heard of Voodoo, and other such things, well these things are real, there is such thing as REAL Magick. Its just the magic we are used to, you know the pull the bunny out of the hat or whatever, I would assume, is there to amuse amateurs, not for real students of real magick.

[edit on 5-3-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I think Blaine and Angel are entertaining. They're very proficient at what they do. I've seen David Copperfield do some pretty bizarre stuff. I've seen stage magicians do things in Vegas that are staggering. The Amazing Kreskin puts on a great show that defies explanation (yes, he's "Amazing").

But the most impressive magic/sleight of hand I've ever seen was a guy doing "table magic"; that close up stuff where you're within arm's length of the performer. If you ever have a chance to see a really good table magic guy up-close, that to me is more impresive than Copperfield making the Statue of Liberty disappear.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Criss Angel is a wanna be rock star who couln't make it !
mindfreak my arse , just another slight of hand idiot . just m2c.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
not Magic...

its tricks using cameras and having people in on the "trick" or "illusion"

plain and simple.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
There is a good discussion on Criss Angel & Co. here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Lots of it is tricks..
I call it Nature Magick, its just using the "laws" of nature to your advantage... kinda like a ninja, ... you have to understand there is nothing "MAGICK" out there at all.... Everything has to be governed by atleast ONE law... therefore it isn't magick what-so-ever it's just NATURE... everything is Natural... but since we've created this mystical being called artificial we've gone kind of color blind to the natural, amazing things around us.

If you combine different parts of nature, its like baking a cake... it just depends on what you use for ingredients, you'll either get a perfect cake, or a hockey puck that tastes like tar and skittles.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWorker13
But, I also know that some of the things they do are completely real, it is extremely difficult to fake walking on water with a full pool of people...

Thats what I was talking about.. the "pool of people" were all paid actors and actresses. The entire pool was barricaded and closed off, so nobody could get in or look in. If you look around the pool there was advertisment posters everywhere, when normaly there was just a gate.

That "walking on water" was the biggest joke I have ever seen. They hoist him with cables, and use actors to pretend they dont see the cables. Then they close off the entire pool so nobody can see his fakeness.

So wrong on so many levels. They might as well do EVERY trick with stupid CGI effects.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It just seems to me that when Criss Angel levitated from one building to another, out in the open, and in broad daylight, that there must have been some people in the buildings in the area, who were NOT actors nor payed off to keep silent, who saw what was happening, and if cables and helicopters had been used by him then some of those witnesses would have said something by now to the media.

If any of us saw such an event staged using cables and helicopters we would certainly blab about it to somebody, and the word would get around and sooner rather than later one of us would call the media and tell them what we saw. But this has NEVER happened with regard to Criss Angel's levitation. NOBODY has ever come forward and "spilled the beans." So that is a good indication that when we see Criss Angel levitating in this video Criss Angel Levitates he was NOT using cables and helicopters.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
It just seems to me that when Criss Angel levitated from one building to another, out in the open, and in broad daylight, that there must have been some people in the buildings in the area, who were NOT actors nor payed off to keep silent, who saw what was happening, and if cables and helicopters had been used by him then some of those witnesses would have said something by now to the media.

If any of us saw such an event staged using cables and helicopters we would certainly blab about it to somebody, and the word would get around and sooner rather than later one of us would call the media and tell them what we saw. But this has NEVER happened with regard to Criss Angel's levitation. NOBODY has ever come forward and "spilled the beans." So that is a good indication that when we see Criss Angel levitating in this video Criss Angel Levitates he was NOT using cables and helicopters.

As i said... ...

Look up Criss Angel Levitation on Wikipedia and you'll find out how they are done. Nothing special about it. He uses what's called a 'gimmick'. A simple pre-prepared set of tools to help get the trick done.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
As i said... ...

Look up Criss Angel Levitation on Wikipedia and you'll find out how they are done. Nothing special about it. He uses what's called a 'gimmick'. A simple pre-prepared set of tools to help get the trick done.

I looked up Criss Angel in Wikipedia, as you suggested, and he says that he does some of his levitations, teleports, and telekinesis through "the power of the mind, body and spirit attained through meditation." So, there are no cables or gimmicks.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I think he means this video.

It clearly shows what he does to "levitate."

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Great find, Messiah! That answers about 90% of my questions, but I still wonder how he Angel did the levitation from building to building, as well as across the wide expanse of the two buildings.

Plainly stated this is just a fantastic illusion.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
One would have to think if he fakes his most simple trick then the harder ones would have to be faked also..Come on if this guy could really walk on water that would be almost as big as UFO's landing on the Whitehouse lawn..

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

That link is the one i was referring to Skyway.

Explains it all... he has no powers. He is just a skilled magician.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join