It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my strange experiences.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
i have had a couple strange memories back when I was a child living in Southern New Jersey, around Camden, the suburbs of Philadelphia.
The location is very close to Mobil/Exxon refinery and another terrible chemical refinery called Air Products-which I feel would add reason for any cosmic tourist to want to check out this small backwords town which is VERY polluted(google up the emissions or whatever for Paulsboro, NJ(( i remember those giant oil things imploding during soccer games)).
Living at my grandmother's house I have a memory of a giant red blur, about the size of a small house, swoop over her home while i was in the front yard and over me, leaving a violent gush of wind and flying away, I also remember sleeping on my parent's floor, leaning on my arms to look out the window, and suddenly becoming conscience again the next morning, frozen in the same position.
When I told my brother about these experiences, he recalls floating down my grandmother's upstairs steps.
I also have strange memories of one of our next homes in Washington Twp New Jersey, located far away from other homes in what used to be farmland, I have similar floating, vibrating memories.
I was always creeped out by "ghosts" and the window when I was a kid.
I am not saying these are alien abductions or anything, I have no memory of "grey" or being anal probed.lol. just kinda freaks me out a bit looking back.
edit: i really remember that wind. very strong.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by jetflock]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Dude, you definately might want to think about looking into gettin hypnoed back... just make sure you get one that knows not to lead the retelling into an abduction. Just have them take you back to those specific times.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
you always here those stories of a hypno therapists implanting false memories in patients undergoing treatment.
how much is a trip to one anyway you think?

[edit on 5-3-2007 by jetflock]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetflock
you always here those stories of a hypno therapists implanting false memories in patients undergoing treatment.

I have no clue to be honest but i do remember hearing some guy on a C2C show a while back that was talking about bringing a close friend or relative with you to supervise and watch for leading questions. He/She should really be as mundane and to the point as possible with their questions. ie: You've just gotten out of bed to sneak into the kitchen. What do you see?

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Maybe it was all the chemicals messing with your head & your brothers. Ecspecially living that close to those kind of places. I heard someone tell me one time that if you go to those hypnosis people, they will tell you to put so much money in this account every week, month etc. You will never know that you do this because they tell you certain things to make you unaware of this. Just something I heard.

But you never know maybe you were abducted or part of some experiment aliens were doing to you and your brother. Hope you get some answers to these dreams someday.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Ah, that town is disgusting, though i don't think the chemicals affected me like that.
In this particular town you would wake up to the smell of rotten eggs, and raining black ash-no lie.
I even mapped out a triangle on the map where alot of either retarded(pardon my French) and mentally handicapped people were living.
I even met some poeple living next to the air products and mobil in trailer parks-and I must say they are a couple cans short of a six pack(I met a guy with a large collection of small animals, each he would put in the microwave for ten seconds).
Needless to say, my parents moved out of that area to a little nicer one not far away, my father got a job as a relay technician at a Nuclear Power PLant.
I have no proof nor any memory of "aliens" so i cannot say i have had contact with them-though i am still curious as to anyone having similar experiences....
the strangest thing that has happenned to me recently was about 4 years ago, i was sitting in my apt with my girlfriend at night, talking, and her face appeared broken apart and bleeding, i said" Am i going to be involved too?"-she said "stop, your freaking me out", the next week we fell off of her balcony and she broke her face on the pavement....
i don't know if these things are connected- prolly not....
i expect no person to believe my ramblings.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

You are right - the science in support of hypnotic regression is thin at best - and the contrary evidence is mounting. I'd stay away.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   

the strangest thing that has happenned to me recently was about 4 years ago, i was sitting in my apt with my girlfriend at night, talking, and her face appeared broken apart and bleeding, i said" Am i going to be involved too?"-she said "stop, your freaking me out", the next week we fell off of her balcony and she broke her face on the pavement....

Man that's a doozy right there!
is she okay?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
now she is. we were bedridden for a long time though.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky

[edit on by jetflock]

You are right - the science in support of hypnotic regression is thin at best - and the contrary evidence is mounting. I'd stay away.

Hiya,

I'm a hypnotist. You are correct that there are a high number of hypno-therapists who are very inexact about the process and end up having the person create false memories, rather than recall what actually happened. A person in trance will follow whatever directions given to the best of their interpretation and to whatever degree the instructions do not violate their own strongly held beliefs.

Getting someone into trance is relatively easy, for most people. Its knowing what to do after they are in trance that separates the good from the bad in hypnotism. To the OTC (other than conscious) mind, there is no difference between imagining something and remembering something. Both are equally real. And much good therapy relies on this. It is eminently useful for someone who has say, a traumatic memory, to create another version of it, where they were not traumatized....where they had had the mental tools to deal with it.

Clean language is important in trance work. If you say to someone in trance something like, "Now you are entering the spaceship...what does it look like?" They will most likely create that scene in their mind, from whatever their ideas about what a spaceship must look like, and then describe it. However, if you stick with clean language, you avoid that kind of thing. It is important for the hypnotist not to lead the hypnotee. Asking questions like, "What do you see around you?" " How old are you?" "Do you hear anything?"....keep the descriptions as pure to the person's actual recollection as possible. This doesn't necessarily mean though, that their recollection is accurate. Just that that is what they believe.

Everything we remember is at least three steps away from what actually happened. There is reality. Then there is whatever information we are actually able to perceive, whether because of bandwidth or because we simply did not detect something with our senses. Then the information has to travel through our mostly unconscious maze of internal filters and assumptions just to get to the point where we can actually think about it. And our mind obligingly fills in whatever information is missing, with a *best guess* in order to allow us to feel that some sort of logical sequence occurred. For most people, unless actually trained in keeping missing information as an open loop, the filled in parts become as real to them as the parts that were actually received through the senses. They literally become part of the recollection, and are believed by that person, because it feels emotionally real to them.

Since most hypnotists are well-intentioned, but also either poorly trained...there is no large consensus of standard practice....or simply learn the how-to, without the background in neurology or cognitive sciences, we end up with a very large spectrum of skills in the field. And each person who enters it, brings along their own set of beliefs and morals, which affects how they practice. It is literally much more an art, than a science. I would guesstimate, from my own personal interactions with other hypnotists, that approximately ten percent of them are what I would call good, and the rest fall anywhere from relatively competent to absolutely dangerous....about the same ratio as psychotherapists, IMO.

I would personally not recommend picking someone out of the phonebook to get hypnotized by, for something any more complicated than losing weight or quitting smoking. Who you pick makes all the difference.

be well,

Thomas

new topics

top topics

join