It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Plans to Destroy the US???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Actually I believe you are a bit wrong on your information about the Chinese capabilities.

They have significantly good technology, they have the world's largest airforce as well, so that defeats any naval plans we have for bombarding china...

...some of the higher tech that they have than us, includes the most recent development of the longer ranged "over the horizon" missle.

Others are the Non-Radar guided Sam site (which uses the vortex of the plane along with other factors to home in on it.)

Also their T-85 tanks are better than our M1-A2s, they are made with a chinese varient of composite armor, more of it at slopes like our own and have a 125 mm rifled main gun where as we have only a 120 mm smooth-bore.

Their range to hit (like germany's leopard II's) are greater than ours by about hmm I think it is 100-500 meters. Meaning they can peirce our armor before we can peirce theirs.

The best thing we have going for us, is our various other anti-tank weapons, but sadly we only have one factory in the U.S. that produces our Abrams MBT, in ohio. Our production is not fast enough (yet) to maintain a ground war against China.

Before WWII we had been re-arming for about 2 years, we have no such advantage now, either we sit back for about a year and let china pummel India and Russia, and build up our production lines once more, or we throw what we have at them and hope it holds out until we can raise a much larger army.

Either way it would be a War LONG in China's favor, much like our Civil War was long in the south's favor.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think you over-estimate the Chinese air threat (especially given the soon-to be-released JSF and our newly expanded military budget).

Also, our tank armor is made with uranium, and is pretty damn hard to pierce.

I also doubt that any conflict with China would go as far as some epic ground war. More likely it would be a series of small naval and air engagements in the Straits near Taiwan, which we would most likely win. If they attacked Russia by land, it would be us and the Russians and the rest of NATO against them, and they would undoubtedly loose big time, so they're not going to try that. They are not going to fight India because India could beat them in a ground war, and they wouldn't dare move against South Korea given the fact that we and Japan would not tolerate such a move.

Also, we should keep in mind that military power makes you an economic power, and that just because a nation invests money and time in its military doesn't mean they are planning to attack anyone. Hell, even the Swiss have a military.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I dont see how some of you say that CHina doesnt have the technalogical capibilities as us. This may sound odd and childish but they do make alot of or good aand technology and they must have some knowledge more than some ppl here are giving them credit for. Also with the smmo and stuff in afganistan i dont think if they found wepons they would go off and attack the chinese like they would Iraq. Bush has his own objective about iraq and thats whats on his mind Saddam and oil. Another thing China's airforce being the lagest in the owrld yes m that might be true but ours is more advanced. Which is what we have in our favor. I dont know all the specs about tanks and stuff but id be split to say who wold win a ground war. And how do u say the chinese woudl loose tey would crush the indians. I think is the war was to start it might be because of Taiwan but, they know if they attack Taiwan they have to deal with us. I think it might happen like this. We take out Iraw in the next couple months then we might go after North Korea(or they attack south) and attack them. Then the whole treaty and friend thing kicks in china goes on there side japan and nato on ours. Russia it would be hard to guess there side cause Putin seem alil power hungry to me. AS optimistic as i want to be id say its leaning in China's favor for now. Cause if we were to go to war with them that would be on there ground and there army is large but ours is advanced. hmmm just couldnt say hope im wrong cause that would be some bad $hit.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason

As for the Chinese military, it's 3 million regulars, but mobilized (with all it's reserves) it is much larger. Last I checked China had 16 million reserver paratroopers. We at most is about 1.5 to 3 million soldiers, of which only 500,000 to a million are combatants. And I do believe it is the lower of the spectrum.

no signature

There is no way that China could have 16 million reserve paratroopers. It just isn't possible, they don't have anywhere near the airfleet let alone the money to do that.
It seems that people are worried about Chinese technology. What people don't understand is that the US is at least 2 generations more advanced ( with China it is probably more like 3 or 4 ) than the rest of the world with military technology.
To compare the Chinese miliatary on any level with the US is a mistake, they don't come close. China has always relied on massive numbers of troops for defence, howevere this day and age thay would be slaughtered in a major war. I would hate to think what nasties the US woiuld use against China.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 09:50 PM
link   
FAS made an interesting comparison between d-day and an attempted chinese invasion of taiwan

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Actually I believe you are a bit wrong on your information about the Chinese capabilities.

They have significantly good technology, they have the world's largest airforce as well, so that defeats any naval plans we have for bombarding china...

...some of the higher tech that they have than us, includes the most recent development of the longer ranged "over the horizon" missle.

Others are the Non-Radar guided Sam site (which uses the vortex of the plane along with other factors to home in on it.)

Also their T-85 tanks are better than our M1-A2s, they are made with a chinese varient of composite armor, more of it at slopes like our own and have a 125 mm rifled main gun where as we have only a 120 mm smooth-bore.

Their range to hit (like germany's leopard II's) are greater than ours by about hmm I think it is 100-500 meters. Meaning they can peirce our armor before we can peirce theirs.

The best thing we have going for us, is our various other anti-tank weapons, but sadly we only have one factory in the U.S. that produces our Abrams MBT, in ohio. Our production is not fast enough (yet) to maintain a ground war against China.

Before WWII we had been re-arming for about 2 years, we have no such advantage now, either we sit back for about a year and let china pummel India and Russia, and build up our production lines once more, or we throw what we have at them and hope it holds out until we can raise a much larger army.

Either way it would be a War LONG in China's favor, much like our Civil War was long in the south's favor.

Sincerely,
no signature

THIS INFORMATIOM IS TOTALLY WRONG. To even suggest that the T-85 is better than the M1A2 is ridicuous. I don't know where u got your info from but it is wrong. China is generations behind the US in all aspects of military technology.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 10:15 PM
link   
i havent read this yet but here is a whole site dedicated to what we are talking about.

www.comw.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 07:52 PM
link   
www.fas.org...
so happy that ppl listening to my about how china is the biggest threat heres the taiwanese and normandy comparison

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 11:05 PM
link   
On the bright side, there's an enormous US destroyer in Qingdao (where the best beer in China is made) paying a courtesy visit and everyone is telling everyone else how wonderful Sino-American relationships are.
There is posturing and hot air, it's true: but China and the US can both see the absurdity of anything that could lead to conflict.

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It ought to be wonderful as the U.S. is suffering self-inflicted trade wounds in order to pet the big dog. My question is, are they looking around for a really big stick while they are petting?

Exactly how good is the beer? A good barometer of the worth of a society is its beer (Yeah, I know, America isn't worth much!).

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Hehe!

Yeah, and the big dog/stick analogy is quite fitting.

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 09:39 AM
link   
at present the Chinese are supplicant but the US hasn't grasped it - the Chinese want only international sanction for their villainous banking laws. (Taiwan can wait).
As for the beer -it is a very good cold-stored lager. Chinese beer in general is tolerable lager.
This neck of the woods was the centre of the turn-of-the-century scramble for China; Russians, Brits -even Americans- occupied bits, but the Germans also came and built breweries.
Their version of Qingdao was "Tsingtao" which is the name on the bottle or tin, and it is available overseas
It's a medium-strong Pilsner, and jolly good, and an American quarter for a British pint in restaurants:limbless for 2 dollars, old egg.

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Typical Dam Americans. For a start not only Americans Have balls, us Aussies have a population of approx. 19 million people compared with the U.S. 280 million. You know what disturbs us Aussie�s? Which by the way are your best allies besides probably Britain!! That you yanks don�t really give a # about any one but your selves. We actually like Americans because of other qualities. You guys have the most technologically advanced country in the world and probably have the weapons to back you up��� We don�t! We go into supporting America in their endeavors because we believe what we are supporting are similar fundamental beliefs that we share as equals� Freedom! That�s why Aussies have Balls and Big one�s too!
On the China subject, were do you blokes get your figures from? 16 million troops????? Are you kidding? And Paratroopers too!! Come on� Study the facts boyz. Read up a little kids!
American Technology is the most advanced in the world, don�t kid your selves. I really don�t think that China will invade Russia or India or Pakistan in that matter. Antiquated technology at least 3-4 times American Tech. Will stop any such thoughts as quoted from Mad Scientist. American Marines and British and Australian Special Forces are a force to be reckoned with!

posted on Nov, 26 2002 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Go Aussies!

Yep, I'm an American, but Australia and Australians are just that cool. And yes, they are very good allies.

posted on Nov, 26 2002 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Gosh, Barb, I don't know who angered you, but this American has never had anything but respect for the Australians. If I've said anything that would cause you to think differently, I apologize.

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

THIS INFORMATIOM IS TOTALLY WRONG. To even suggest that the T-85 is better than the M1A2 is ridicuous. I don't know where u got your info from but it is wrong. China is generations behind the US in all aspects of military technology.

This link will help to understand what's a T-85.

www.dawn.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2002 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Bollox!

Try Israel, which is very much up to speed with US technology, and has the ability to spy on the US via its publicly funded communications companies.

[Edited on 28-11-2002 by Fantastic_Damage]

posted on Nov, 28 2002 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Damn right what about the USS Liberty back in 1967. The Israeli's attackd her several times, even though in International waters and clearly marked as US. It was because she was an intelligence ship.

LINK

posted on Nov, 28 2002 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Sorry boyz just a little edgey these days. No offence intended to any one.
They just put security guards on the Harbour Bridge 24 hours a day. The Opera House to. e've steped up security in Sydney almost 100%.

posted on Nov, 28 2002 @ 06:31 PM
link   
ne 1 read my fas link on the tawainese invasion

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join