It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Plans to Destroy the US???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Article Site

Hmmmmm, seems like propaganda to me. Whoever wrote this has one single objective: to make you hate china.

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 08:51 PM
link   
dont belive for a second that muslims or middle eastern countries are our biggest threat. IT Is china. I fear in the next 50 years a war will break out between us and china. NOw they are the only gov't that has the potential to obliterate us. But no we just igonre them. i hoenstly believe we are scared of them. Look at the spy plane incident. When we asked for all the crew back and the plan they said no what did we do ask again and again and again. China gave them back on there own terms to test out tthe water to see how much they could get by over the us and how we would react. I would suggest looking at the book You are being lied to from disinfo.com they talk about the threat from China. Im sure you could find a myrid of topics is you ssearch somtin like China domination or sometin on google.

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 10:41 PM
link   
We'll my friend, I have held this thought in my head for a long time. I thought I was crazy to think that China could or would attack us(Australia and US).
China has the largest army, when mobilized in the world, approx. 3 million normal troops. The only thing that would stop China in being aggressive to her neighbours is out dated equipment. They probably fly MIGs, though simple things like landing crafts are out dated and could be easily taken out. We know this because China even though regretful, have not taken action yet against its Rebel state of Taiwan. Due to lack of technology needed in it's landing crafts. They have resulted into provoking Taiwan in making a retaliatory strike against China's missile testing in the South China Sea. Technology my friend. No more Russia on side would force China into co-operating with the West.

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I beg to differ. China should NOT under any circumstances be underestimated when it comes to technology (see This Thread)

Sure they might CURRENTLY be using some rather antiquated equipment but then again so was Germany shortly before WWII. Then in a matter of months they managed to re-arm into a cutting-edge, state of the art military force.

China is not to be taken lightly. They DO have the technological know-how to be a serious threat to world peace. Their missile tech is just the beginning.

[Edited on 21-11-2002 by psypher]

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 04:49 AM
link   
hmmmm yes....maybe you should bomb them just in case.

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 07:41 AM
link   
China wants to become a regional economic superpower. Unfortunately, this means that they will need to attack our interests in some way. However, we seem to be already undermining their alliances (by opening up talks with North Korea and Singapore), and even attacking their friends such as Iraq.

It is my firm belief that the US is God's favored nation on this Earth and that we will weather this storm as we have weathered so many others.

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 08:18 AM
link   

It is my firm belief that the US is God's favored nation on this Earth

Been listening to these extemists a bit too much me thinks...

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 08:54 AM
link   
"It is my firm belief that the US is God's favored nation on this Earth and that we will weather this storm as we have weathered so many others. "

Holy sh!t !!!
ok now I'm feckin disturbed.

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Very disturbing comment indeed...

God favors one nation over about 200???

280 million over (6 billion - 280 million)???

I think not...

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 10:24 AM
link   

hmmmm yes....maybe you should bomb them just in case

Now there's a good idea!!

It is my firm belief that the US is God's favored nation on this Earth

Riiiiiiight! Quit trolling. You said that just so that you can get everyone all riled up. That was bait and you know it! You just wanted to see who would bite

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 02:11 PM
link   
No, I was quite serious.

If you look around the globe, who is fighting for freedom and equality? Not the Europeans! Not the Arabs! Not the Russians! Not the Chinese!

It's the US all the way, baby. We're not right 100% of the time, and I myself have said that Bush is doing the totally wrong thing by ostrasizing the Russians. However, when push comes to shove, the US is the best thing out there. Sure as hell we're the only Western nation with balls.

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 02:20 PM
link   
China wants to sneak up on people when no one is expecting it. While everyone is worried about middle east and North Korea, China will get stronger and stronger.

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 06:57 PM
link   
finaly u ppl listen to me and relise china is the biggest problem not iraq china was supplying weapons to al-qaida

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 07:26 PM
link   
China selling weapons to Al-Qaida?? I don't think so. Thats going a bit far buddy. If that were true the US would be sh!ting bricks!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 07:30 PM
link   
..and didn't China ask the taliban to look at US Cruise missile that flew into Afghanistan - but didn't go off. Now we're seeing reports that China's cruise missiles have 2x the range the US thought.

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 07:51 PM
link   

China selling weapons to Al-Qaida?? I don't think so. Thats going a bit far buddy. If that were true the US would be sh!ting bricks!!!

We are hoping to resolve this through back door channels and avoid a war with a major world power.

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 08:49 PM
link   
no jokes in an afghan cave us military founds boxs of ammo with chinese writing is was even shown on cnn

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101

hmmmm yes....maybe you should bomb them just in case.

Yeaaaaaaah coooool !

BOMB THEM ALL !

Originally posted by ~iluv2act~

It is my firm belief that the US is God's favored nation on this Earth and that we will weather this storm as we have weathered so many others.

God bless America.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if China bombs the hell out of our Navy while it is in their ports (They recently gave up port birthing rites for our carrier group headed to the gulf) if they don't they might still one day start the next World War, but I think this could very well be the next Pearl harbor.

As for the Chinese military, it's 3 million regulars, but mobilized (with all it's reserves) it is much larger. Last I checked China had 16 million reserver paratroopers. We at most have about 1.5 to 3 million soldiers, of which only 500,000 to a million are combatants. And I do believe it is the lower of the spectrum.

Also with the recent declaration of the political side of communism in that country, I wouldn't be surprised if their military does seize the chance to take over.

Better go grab your helmets...

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about China, just yet, chaps: the Army is getting smaller -they've abolished National Service, of course, and the word "army" covers a multitude of sins in China -large labour brigades for example.
As for equipment: most is old but the Chinese could up-date: they're choosing not to. China's thinking concerns resisting invasion not occupying new lands: and Mao's strategic thinking which essentially was that when you can put over 200-million combatants into the field, you don't have many worries in land wars, probably still applies.
And don't expect too many links with Al Qaida -China's biggest internal problem is Muslim minorities.
China is surrounded by potential enemies -or at least tends to pretend it is - and has many internal problems of its own: not the least of them the massive income-gap between rural and eastern urban and the contradictions between a Marxist superstructure and growing free-market capitalism.
They are, however, to be regarded as a challenge economically: but it will be a long time befor ethey challenge Europe or the USA: it's the Koreans and Japanese who need to worry. The Chinese are cleaver, resourceful, pretty well-educated, they expect low wages and their banking and financial sectors (while corrupt and inefficient) do not have a fraction of the structural weaknesses of the Japanese and S. Korean sectors.
The missiles are postures to annoy the Taiwanese: the two nations have been trading partners for ages and my prediction is that the Taiwanese will come to China: not vice versa. The KMT and Chaing Kai-Shek's cronies are all long dead and gone and the modern Taiwanese increasingly find themselves like East Germans in the 80's -no one can remember what all the fuss was about.

Other than economically, I can't see much interest here for the USA: the days when China and the USSR had to be balanced have long gone.
And what's uppermost in the minds of most urban Chinese is actually the 2008 Olympics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join