It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Slasher!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
There have been many slasher films over the years.
But only a few have had continued success.
Who is your favorite?

1.Jason Voorhees
2.Freddy Krueger
3.Michael Myers
4.Candyman
5.Leatherface

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Out of those probably Candyman ^^, but is it wrong of me to say I love scream?

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'd say Freddy Kreuger because he has a Wicked sense of humour!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Michael Myers could kick the arses of all the other slashers easily.

Peace

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
was the creepiest sob I have ever seen.

I don't like Micheal Myers and Jason's lack of emotion as they kill. Its in a true psychopath format.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'd go with Michael Myers. He's my favorite slasher. I like Leatherface as well. He'd be my second favorite.

-tts

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
In order

Freddy - made me love the genre
PinHead (Hellraiser) - Slasher with class
Michael Myers - loved him in Austin Powers....... Seriously though freaky guy especially in 1 and 2
Jason - just for longevity.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Jason Voorhees owns all...ch ch ch....ha ha ha...enough said!

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I do love all the slasher guys posted but might I add....

Would Jig-Saw from the SAW Trillogy count as a slasher? I mean he actually designed all the equipment that killed all the people.

And another poster said the masked guy in Scream. YES that dude f-ed with your head before he killed you.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Lol, out of all of those the only one who feels pain is Leatherface lol. But what about CHUCKY!!! Child's play?? Lol, you can find every Chld PLay on youtube actually. But my favorite all time slasher would ahve to be Michael Myers, I am trying to ge the whole collection. But the worst Halloween was the third
Mike wasn't even in it!

Jason Voorhees I would've chose him if only the movie where he goes in outer space 500 years after he's been dead hadn't come out...I mean, give me a break? And also because he was born in like 1953 if I am correct and when he kept killing till he was like 70, well 570 lol.

Leatherface I didn't chose because he's a slasher yes, but he doesn't do it alone, he has his demented cousin family to help him out. And because he isn't the most famous.

Freddy I didn't chose because of his sick twisted way of killing people while he's laughing. Just creeps me out. He'd be second on my list though

Scream would be a close second too. I loved the trilogy! Actually, scream 1 was the first horror movie I saw!

And who could forget the Gremlins? No I'm just kidding they suck

The Abominable Leprachaun, chucky, pinhead, psycho, and I guess I know What You did Last Summer too. Oh Black Christmas freakde me out when I was a youngen too.

Peace out.

-Jimmy-

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
There have been many slasher films over the years.
But only a few have had continued success.
Who is your favorite?

A question I've asked myself often. Being a fan of them all, I'd like to throw in my .02 cents

1.Jason Voorhees- Jason is often misunderstood. He's thought of as a lumbering dolt who can't think, but is brutally savage in his murders. The truth is that he's really a sensative artist who truly likes to draw an emotional response from his heart.

In Ft13 4 Jason crucifies a victim up to the back door frame of a cabin. He understands that this is the only exit, and to find a loved one pinned in such a fashion would draw forth a huge emotional response. Between this and his frequent head crushing, and bodies flying through windows, Jason Voorhees is truly an artistic soul.

2.Freddy Krueger- A violent soul who is not very scary IMO. I suppose it's because every time he dies in his movies, it's always at the hands of a teenage girl. In the first movie he was brought down by a teenage girl using the same tactics that McCauly Culkin used to fend off Joe Pesci in Home Alone. Not very threatening if you ask me.

3.Michael Myers- I originally thought of MM was a sissy. He always walked so slowly, and always in a straight line. As long as he was in eyeshot, you could out run him, then hop in a car and take off. As long as you weren't related to him, you could bounce and not have to worry.

But then they brought in that Samhain thing, which brought a new interesting twist to things. However, how scary can a guy be when Busta Rhymes can Kung Foo his ass to death.

4.Candyman- When I first saw this movie I was scared stiffer than I've ever been. I covered every mirror with a towel, and barely slept. Granted, I was 10, but still, I was a tough kid. Anyway, he's another ghostly charecter. I often don't understand where his ghostlyness ends, and his physical self begin. I mean, if he's a ghost, then why does he need a home to return to? How can he die in a bonfire? All of that makes me wonder.

But, he's a Clive Barker charecter. I love Clive Barker. Hellraiser was my all time favorite horror, and if Pinhead or any Centabite were an option, they would win hands down.

5.Leatherface- I don't like to trash any particular groups or anything, but between Leatherface, and The Hills Have Eyes, I'm scared of Texas and deserts. No way I can drive cross country. I was disappointed with the new prequel. I didn't thing it was a proper origin story, so this dropped Leatherface's overall respect.

So, my order,

Jason
Michael Myers
Candyman
Leatherface
Freddy Krueger.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Here are my official picks:

Leatherface

The puppets from Puppet Master

Chucky

Michael Myers

Freddy Kruger

:w:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Jason and Michael Meyers are by far two of the best of all time but lets not forget one of the original slashers

Norman Bates.

Also, let's give props to Jason's mom. For those of you who have actually seen the original Friday 13th, Jason was only seen at the very end and he was just a boy. The mom did all those wonderful, bloody killings. That was what made the movie so great. It wasn't some freakish unstoppable demon from hell like Jason, Freddy or even Michael Meyers. Just a woman who was pissed off at the counsellors for screwing around while her son drowned.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yeah, Jason Voorhee's and Micheal Meyers are cool.

Another uless bit of trivia: Jason didn't find his hockey mask until
Friday the 13th 3, In number 2 he wears a potato sack with one eye hole cut in it and some farmers clothes, (I think he still has the clothes but there all dirty in other sequals), in the 2nd film there kinda new and he doesn't look like a mad psycho, just a farm boy with a potato sack on his head!!!

[edit on 29-3-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Probably either Jason Voorhees or Michael Myers. I think Michael Myers wins in a close one, but you have to give props to ol' Jason boy.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
To add to Chris and Crakeur's trivia bits,

It also wasn't until part 3 (the 3D one) that Jason was even considered to be a "monster". In part 2 it was just assumed that he had simply survived the initial drowning and was hiding out in the woods near camp Crystal Lake. It was only after seeing his mother beheaded that he started his killing spree.

Some more trivia:

In Friday the 13th Part 5 Jason wasn't the killer. It was the father of a mentally challenged kid who had stayed in a camp for troubled youth. After the brutal killing of the retarded boy with an axe by an angry youth, the father (who was actually a paramedic dispatched to help his illegitimate axed up son) returned in the guise of Jason to have his revenge.

I have this episode, but rarely watch it as I see it as a bastardization of the Jason legacy. I like continuity in my horror series, and that's something that the Friday the 13th movies don't have.

The sad attempt to bring in telekinetic abilities to fight Jason in part 7 was a sad attempt to bring more mystical aspects into the storyline. Similar to bringing Jason into space in Jason X. Before that, Part 9, Jason goes to hell they add another mystical aspect of a magical knife that can only be wielded by the Voorhees brood, and only by the hand of a Voorhees could he die, or be reborn. This brought a whole other aspect to Jason that they thankfully didn't revisit.

For those interested,u2u me for a scan of a scan of a great comic series called Jason Vs. Leatherface.

It's a 3 part story, and makes you see both Jason and Leatherface in a whole new light.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Speaking of which,I may be mistaken, but wasn't there a "Halloween" movie that Michael Myers wasn't even in? It seems to me that one of the "Halloween" movies was about "robots" or something. I don't know, it has been too long.

[edit on 29-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
SoT,

You're referring to Halloween 3, I think it was called Night of the Witches or something stupid like that. It was about Halloween masks that possessed your body or something. I think the original intention of the Halloween movies was to have a different story for each movie, save for the first two, which were directly linked. When they realized that the money was in Michael Myers, they switched back very quickly.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I don't think there was a halloween 2 planned until the first was such a success. Then they did #2 and they apparently killed MM at the end. He was shot in the eyes and burned to a crisp and his shatner mask melted. then they did 3 which was awful and they resurrected Meyers.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
He was shot in the eyes and burned to a crisp

Yes, Michael Myers could only see out of on eye for the next 5 movies and this caused him to have zero depth perception, subsequently he started walking even slower towards his victims.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join