It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US state dept issues bullet point list to aid 9/11 debukers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
For those of you who have sided with the US government bureaucracy and are attempting to prevent your government entitlement check, job and/or contract from disappearing in a cloud of vapor. The state department has compiled together a list of bullet points for you to debunk those american citizens who actively investigating the government in the complicity of the 9/11 attacks.

Numerous unfounded conspiracy theories about the September 11 attacks continue to circulate, especially on the Internet. Some of the most prevalent myths are:

1) The World Trade Center (WTC) twin towers were destroyed ...

etc

Also, in August 2006, Popular Mechanics expanded its article, referenced above, into a book, Debunking 9/11 Myths: Why Conspiracy Theories Can’t Stand Up to the Facts. It provides excellent additional material debunking 9/11 conspiracy theories, including many of those mentioned above and others.

(Distributed by the Bureau of International Information Programs, U.S. Department of State. Web site: usinfo.state.gov...)

usinfo.state.gov...

Good night, and good luck.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What..everyone knows 911 was done by Bush,assisted by aliens from area 51,flying holographic planes.The passengers are now underground in Dulce, being used for mining,and food.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
On a level playing field, the coincidence theorists would need all the help they could get.

As it is, these bullet points were forged one at a time, the movement loaded them into a gun, and in general has pointed that gun at its own head and fired repeatedly.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

What..everyone knows 911 was done by Bush,assisted by aliens from area 51,flying holographic planes.The passengers are now underground in Dulce, being used for mining,and food.

Funny, your first response is to turn to straw men. Because all of your other debunking bs has already been debunked.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I love this one;

"Some saw passengers through the plane’s windows."

A plane flying 500MPH that would have only been in view for fractions of a second?! And they saw passengers? Its these kinds of unsubstantiated, and obviously ridiculous statements that show what a load of crap this is.

or how about this;

"“much of the seemingly suspicious trading in American [Airlines stock] on September 10 was traced to a specific U.S.-based options trading newsletter,"

What trading news letter was this? Why cant i find a copy? How did they verify it? If i claimed to have a memo that proved 911 was an inside job, they at least what to know who wrote it, right? And see a copy? confirm that it is authentic? find out what information they based it upon?

And how about all the other odd trades? Insurance companies with policies for entities negatively impacted by 911, and corporations with large offices in the buildings?

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdang

Has anyone else noticed, or is it just me?
The same people that buy into the left/right paradigm are the same ones that believe the official 911 story.

Personally I have known for a while that the republican/democrat left/right system is nothing more than a control mechanism, like when I offer the kids McDonalds or Burger King.
The kids get the illusion of choice, and I get to dictate that they eat cheap, fast food.
The kids dont realize that there are numerous other choices out there, most of which are far better, (and more expensive) than fast food.

Until more kids grow up and realize that left/right are both hands of the same rotton body, then how can they ever conceptualize something better?

Of course the USG had to issue talking points, because the debunkers arnt all that smart, and they need guidelines and coaching.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Who You Gonna Believe -- Me, Or Your Lyin' Eyes? Essentially, this is the Government's entire argument.

I know what a controlled demolition looks like. I knew it in my gut the day it happened – I think most of us did.

The shady nature of the present Government (namely BUSH &CO.), and the inexorable push toward Despotism, following 9/11, have done as much as the physical evidence of that day, to convince me that it was a psy-op; planned and executed by the criminals now in power.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by Smack]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp00n1
I love this one;

"Some saw passengers through the plane’s windows."

I have seen this line echoed here at ATS over the last couple of years, by somebody we all know.......
It is absolutely laughable.
Plane windows are incredibly small, and at 500 mph there is no way in heavan you could make out a face.
I challenge anybody to go watch some flights land at the local airport and tell me...no better yet...capture a picture of a face in a window of a landing plane.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Read the site and it is shocking, amateur rubbish. The site in itself gives the impression that it is so wrong and badly thought out that it has been put up by a "Conspiracy Theorist" mole in the administration.

I agree that the 4,000 Jews claim is a stupid red herring and nigh irrelevant, but the rest is absolute nonsense.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
Has anyone else noticed, or is it just me?
The same people that buy into the left/right paradigm are the same ones that believe the official 911 story.

Personally I have known for a while that the republican/democrat left/right system is nothing more than a control mechanism ...

Too many people have been lulled into a false sense of security by so called financial prosperity.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
wow this is a massive step. An official response. Theyve set up the board, our move. Someone needs to do a 911myths job on that stuff.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
A little anecdote. My boyfriend works for the state department. He makes fun of me for coming to this site. I point blank asked him one day "Can you honestly look me in the eyes and tell me that you don't think the government had some hand in 9/11?". The answer was "no". Doesn't prove anything but he does have clearance and knows that the government lies daily. He even says himself "I lie for my country on a daily basis". Tells you alot.

BTW, he's a diplomat for "Nuclear non-proliferation and arms control", so he's not just some peeon.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Surprised this thread has gone cold, it's the official debunking effort, I thought people would be falling over themselves to debunk it right back!

Or are we not up to the challenge?

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Giordano Bruno
Surprised this thread has gone cold, it's the official debunking effort, I thought people would be falling over themselves to debunk it right back!

Or are we not up to the challenge?

You know that's really not a bad idea.

The bureau of international information Programs is the principle international strategic communications service for the foreign affairs community.

These reach--and are created strictly for--key international audiences, such as the media, government officials, opinion leaders, and the general public in more than 140 countries around the world.

usinfo.state.gov...

They should allow for a rubuttel from American and international conspiracy therorists to be posted on the state department government website as well. After all, it is supposed to be a represenative government for the people.

Here I'll post the State department's defense of the official story.

Numerous unfounded conspiracy theories about the September 11 attacks continue to circulate, especially on the Internet. Some of the most prevalent myths are:

1) The World Trade Center (WTC) twin towers were destroyed by controlled demolitions.

This is how the collapses may have appeared to non-experts, but demolition experts point out many differences:

- Demolition professionals always blow the bottom floors of a structure first, but the WTC tower collapses began at the upper levels, where the planes hit the buildings.
-Non-experts claim that debris seen blowing out of windows was evidence of explosive charges, but experts identify this as air and light office contents (paper, pulverized concrete, etc.) being forced out of windows as floors collapsed on each other.
-Demolition firms had very sensitive seismographs operating at other sites in Manhattan on September 11. None recorded any explosions during the tower collapses.
-Clean-up crews found none of the telltale signs of controlled demolitions that would have existed if explosive charges had been used.
-Cutting away walls, insulation, plumbing, and electrical conduits to place numerous charges on the towers’ structural columns in advance would not have gone unnoticed.
-For more information, see ImplosionWorld’s article on the WTC collapses and Popular Mechanics, parts 4 and 5.

2) No plane hit the Pentagon on September 11. Instead, it was a missile fired by elements “from inside the American state apparatus.”

Conspiracy theorists making this claim ignore several facts:

-The remains of the bodies of the crew and passengers of American Airlines flight 77 were found at the Pentagon crash site, and positively identified by DNA.
-The flight’s black box was also recovered at the site.
Numerous eyewitnesses saw the plane strike the Pentagon. Some saw passengers through the plane’s windows. Missiles don’t have windows or carry passengers.
-Numerous photographs show airplane debris at the crash site, as was also witnessed by survivors and rescue personnel. See sections 4:57 to 6:00 of the “911 Case Study: Pentagon Flight 77” video for pictures of airliner debris.
-For more information, see “Did a Plane Hit the Pentagon?” and Popular Mechanics, part 6.

3) The planes that hit the World Trade Center towers were remotely controlled.

-Boeing, which manufactured the planes that struck the towers, stated that all its commercial jet transports are configured so that they cannot be controlled from anywhere except the flight deck of the aircraft.
-Passengers onboard the flights made several phone calls. All reported that hijackers had commandeered the planes.
For more information, see “Did a Plane Hit the Pentagon?”

4) United Airlines flight 93, which crashed in Pennsylvania, was shot down by a missile.

-The cockpit voice recorder of this flight was recovered and showed that the passenger revolt caused the hijackers to deliberately crash the plane. -The hijackers controlled the plane until its impact. See full transcript.
-The U.S. military did not learn that flight 93 had been hijacked until four minutes after it crashed, as recently released tapes demonstrate.
-The military never gave interceptor pilots authorization to shoot down United flight 93. See article on tapes.
-Listen to the 45-second message left by flight attendant CeeCee Lyles on her home answering machine. Click on the “Lyles” file or the phone icon in the bottom left corner of the flight 93 page.
-For more information, see The 9/11 Commission Report chapter 1, “We Have Some Planes,” pages 13-14.

5) World Trade Center building 7 was destroyed by a controlled demolition.

-This allegation was fueled by a comment by the WTC owner that, after WTC 7 was judged to be unstable, he recommended pulling a group of firefighters out of the building, using the phrase “pull it” in reference to the contingent of firefighters. For more details, see 9/11 Revealed?
-Conspiracy theorists have interpreted the “pull it” remark as slang for demolishing the building with explosives. But demolition experts say “pulling” a building means attaching long cables to a weakened structure and literally pulling it down with bulldozers and other powerful machinery – not using explosives.
-Seismographs recorded no telltale spikes or anomalies that would have indicated the use of explosives.
-For more information, see ImplosionWorld article and Popular Mechanics, part 5.

6) Insider trading in the stocks of United Airlines and American Airlines just before September 11 is evidence of advance knowledge of the plot.

-The 9/11 Commission investigated this issue in detail, concluding, “Some unusual trading did in fact occur, but each such trade proved to have an innocuous explanation.”
-For example, it stated, “much of the seemingly suspicious trading in American [Airlines stock] on September 10 was traced to a specific U.S.-based options trading newsletter, faxed to its subscribers on Sunday, September 9, which recommended these trades.”
-For other examples, see The 9/11 Commission Report, “Notes” section, page 499, footnote 130.

7) Four thousand Jews failed to show up for work at the World Trade Center on September 11.

-It appears from media reports that some 10-15% of WTC victims were Jewish, indicating there were no mass absences.
-The “4,000” figure apparently came from an early statement by the Israeli Foreign Ministry that some “4,000 Israelis” were believed to be in the New York and Washington areas, where the attacks occurred. This figure was apparently seized upon by conspiracy theorists, in an attempt to bolster the false rumor.
-For more information, see “The 4,000 Jews Rumor.”

8) Al Qaida is not responsible for the September 11 attacks.

-Al Qaida leaders, including Osama bin Laden, have repeatedly confirmed that they planned and carried out the September 11 attacks.
-In an audiotape released on May 23, 2006, bin Laden stated, “I was responsible for entrusting the 19 brothers … with those raids ….”
-In a November 2001 tape, bin Laden said, “We calculated in advance the number of casualties … who would be killed …. I was the most optimistic of them all. … Due to my experience in this field, I was thinking that the fire from the gas in the plane would melt the iron structure of the building and collapse the area where the plane hit and all the floors above it only.”
For more information, see “Al Qaeda and September 11th.”
(Distributed by the Bureau of International Information Programs, U.S. Department of State. Web site: usinfo.state.gov...)

Tell us what you think about this article. USINFO delivers information about current U.S. foreign policy and about American life and culture.

usinfo.state.gov...

[edit on 15-3-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The really sinister thing about what they posted on that page is that it is blatant proof of the NSA spying on our computers and checking our history etc.

This is really getting out of hand, they need to be taken down.

new topics

top topics

join