It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV/Radio commercials to get the word out.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hello,

I used to be really into UFO/EBE research in the 90’s and then kind of got out of it for a while, until a UFO was sighted at O’Hare International Airport – 5 miles from my house.
No, I didn’t see it (damn). Now, I am back – full force and really want to help out with the current situation that is facing researchers and the American public.

I am interested in the “Disclosure Project” to a point, but it seems to me that many people are involved with that for monetary gain. This is why I am bringing a proposal to the table for everyone involved with the studies/research.

I am in the process of Creating my own “organization” (which has been on the back burner for years but never implemented) that would be kind of the United Nations for UFO/EBE researchers. I feel the time is right to implement UNoAPE (United Network of Abnormal Phenomena Exchange). No, this is not a Spam post – I won’t post any links to any web page that it exists in… it doesn’t exist in any search engine either as of yet. Anyone interested in helping out with this monetary free organization may e-mail me.

Anyhow – my proposal is that current UFO research groups either band together or gather funds for the following:

Radio Broadcast (in commercial format) initiating support for disclosure about UFOs/EBE’s to specific high population areas (big cities). These broadcasts would call upon the American public to write their representatives, congress and the White House about the current cover-up that is taking place. They would also enable the American public to react my using various outlets – such as web addresses and telephone numbers where they could acquire information about how to go forward with this demand on the government.

Television Broadcast (commercial format) same as above (but with actors/government officials who support the cause).

(I wonder WHY no one has thought of this? Or am I wrong?)

Anyone care to comment?

[edit on 4-3-2007 by kroms33]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Seems like it could be a good idea.

The only question is how much time do you have on your hands to organise it?

People can be fairly lazy, or pushed for time - so you would be the one putting in most of the initial effort.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by tezzajw]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Seems like it could be a good idea.

The only question is how much time do you have on your hands to organise it?

People can be fairly lazy, or pushed for time - so you would be the one putting in most of the initial effort.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by tezzajw]

And that therein is the problem - and it directly affects everyone involved in the search for the 'truth'. My main question is - is it all about the money? Researchers could easily get the truth by increasing public awareness and putting pressure on the government. Even if 10% of the American public screamed and shouted that they wanted disclosure about the phenomena of UFOs - it would create a snowball effect that would finally crack the case. Current estimates are that about 72% of the US public believes that UFOs are fact and not fiction and that the government is not coming clean with its findings... don't quote me on those findings I did a quick google search on "percent of public that believes in ufos" and the first website quoted those statistics (not very scientific of me sorry).

If researchers want the truth - that is the best route as far as I can see. No more books, charging crazy amounts of cash for "UFO Conferences," or DVD sales - purchase some air time funded by people who want the truth...

This needs to be a mass effort - and I don't know if only one person can do it.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Dude, I would love to dedicate far more time to UFO research, etc.

However, the reality is that with bills to pay and a family to keep, I have to work a mundane job with a mundane wage that sucks up most of my spare time!

I hope you can get some people to kick it off and get it rolling. If my lotto numbers ever let me win millions of dollars, then I'll have the time, being free from the mundane job and not worrying about where the money for the next bills will come from.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Yeah, I am in the same boat (monetarily)- I wasn't targeting you in particular, or saying that you needed to fund anything like this. What I think people like yourself (and myself) should do - is email groups like the Disclosure Project and MUFON and other UFO research organizations about the topic of getting the word out by means of radio and TV broadcasts. I am working on a letter that will be sent to the Disclosure Project, and perhaps to MUFON.

I think the reality of the situation will hit me: UFO research is more about making a quick $ then actually fighting for getting the real truth... I sure hope I am wrong.

That is the original reason (all about the money) I got out of researching UFO activities and EBE's. I want a clean, non-monetary information exchange. People paying to have their 'footage' shown or disclosed is simply inhibiting efforts to declassify this subject matter. It further makes ufologists look like money hungry kooks. This needs to stop, or the people behind the cover up will win.

I am glad to see all the progress research on this subject has made, but if people want this declassified quickly - the best way to do it is through mass media exposure.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
the word is already out, and has been out for a long time. You say it's 72%, well if it was that high the word would get itself out. You just can't talk to 72% of americans about ufos they'd think your crazy. Sure they probaly heard about it, but the acceptance level is not tolerated and won't be for quite some time still.

flux

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schizoflux
the word is already out, and has been out for a long time. You say it's 72%, well if it was that high the word would get itself out. You just can't talk to 72% of americans about ufos they'd think your crazy. Sure they probaly heard about it, but the acceptance level is not tolerated and won't be for quite some time still.

flux

It has always been known within the mass media market place that people have a limited attention span when it comes to various topics. If people knew about a movement that wanted to disclose covered up information about UFOs, many would join. Go out on the street and ask a stranger if they ever heard of the Disclosure Project - I can almost promise that person hasn't.

The word is out - yes, but the way you are approaching it is: Who cares if a high percentage of people believe in it, one day the truth 'might' come out.
That percentage was not people who HEARD about it, but people who believed in UFOs being Extra Terrestrial. I also said, don't quote me on it because it wasn't very scientific - but alas you did.

I don't care if there is only 35% of the public who believes in ETs or UFO's, If the public is educated and informed of a movement that is trying to get congress to disclose the information - why would that be harmful - you speak as if it would be a bad thing for a commercial asking people to become aware of the facts and contact their government...

what ever happened to "For the people by the people" - time to take that back...

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Its all fine and dandy to get the word out..... but that word will probably not force any "disclosure" as any government would likely say what we know is published... Roswell case closed. Can you say stonewalled?

Even if everyone asked the government personally to acknowledge UFO's does not mean you will get the reaction you want from them.

What you really want is people coming forth with personal experiences (if they have them).

You will never get anything from any government.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Its all fine and dandy to get the word out..... but that word will probably not force any "disclosure" as any government would likely say what we know is published... Roswell case closed. Can you say stonewalled?

Even if everyone asked the government personally to acknowledge UFO's does not mean you will get the reaction you want from them.

What you really want is people coming forth with personal experiences (if they have them).

You will never get anything from any government.

I think if enough government officials come forward (as some have), and are credible - you will have a case (such as the Disclosure Project supposedly has).

Thus, you can now bring this case to higher courts/bodies and subjugate them with various government inquiries. Lets put it this way: The government reportedly has no clue where 7.2 trillion dollars goes in the DOD budget - tracing that and cutting that funding could/would disrupt cover-up/black budget operations.

What I am saying is if there is mass media exposure to have people support a disclosure by the government - that chain reaction would force the officials in office from the senate to congress to act. If the government won't come clean, the the budget simply gets cut for funding black projects.

I don't want the government to acknowledge UFOs, I want them to disclose the truth. Acknowledging UFOs is simply not good enough. Other governments are coming forward, its time for the USA to do the same.

The USA is still a democracy (I hope - as representative as it gets lol), so the people can will what they want the government to do (some times). If the majority of the American public heard commercials stating:
"The truth has been denied for too long. Members of various agencies, and governmental bodies are coming forward to disclose the truth that the US public has been duped about the subject of UFOs and ETs. Support a national congressional probe into these matters by contacting your senator, congressman and state represenatives blah blah blah..."

I am near positive that hundreds of thousands would do it - perhaps millions.

This would spark media interest, and thus a snowball effect would take place where "they" would have to listen. (they being the government).

It would put it right up on the table and no one would be able to ignore it.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Ok, so I am gonna be sending a letter (snail mail and e-mail) to various credible UFO research organizations - and I would like some input. Could some of you proof read this for me and tell me the pro's and con's of this open letter?
I would be very greatful!

To Whom it May Concern:

This proposal is in essence a plea for UFO groups to join together and circumvent the ongoing global cover-up. I have an idea that could enlighten the public and force the debate about UFOs/ETs right into the mainstream. In using the very broadcasting media that is also behind covering up the truth (or at least biased towards not reporting on it) UFO organizations could rally together and inform the public.

Radio Broadcast / Television Broadcast: (commercial format) initiating support for disclosure about UFOs/EBE’s to specific high population areas (big cities). These broadcasts would call upon the American public to write their Representatives, Congress and the White House about the current cover-up that is taking place. They would also enable the American public to react by using various outlets – such as web addresses and telephone numbers where they could acquire information about how to go forward with this demand on the government.

By using the outlet of media communications, researchers across the USA (or even the globe) could initiate a public awareness that could institute rapid change. This rapid change brought upon by the public’s outcry would eventually force the governments hand because it would be “headline news.” Headline News would create more of an interest in disclosure amongst the American populace.

If there is mass media exposure to have people support a disclosure by the government - that chain reaction would force the officials in office from the Senate, Congress, and White House to act.

Thus, you can now bring this case to higher courts/bodies and subjugate them with various government inquiries. The government reportedly has no clue where 7.2 trillion dollars goes in the DOD budget - tracing that and cutting that funding could/would disrupt cover-up/black budget operations – perhaps cracking the case for UFOs/ETs wide open.

Funding for such a proposed mass media communication to the public would of course be funded by donations given by supporters to the various research groups/organizations involved.

A bit about UNoAPE – a non-profit, non-monetary related organization in it’s infancy that is dedicated to bringing research groups together to act in uniform to break the truth embargoed upon humanity.
UNoAPE does not want to be specifically involved in any collection of monetary funds, but would rather act as a mediator for all parties involved with this effort.

Sincerely,
Blah blah blah (no, thats not going in it - but I am not putting my real name in this forum)

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think that writing to Congress, Senate, etc won't matter in the sense that they don't control the UFO information. I'd guess that the good stuff is kept under wraps by the military machine, and they can do what they like.

For example, David Hicks (an Australian caught fighting for Iraq in the war) has been held without trial for nearly five years by the US military. Only they could flout any natural laws and human rights and get away with it. If he's a prisoner of war, let him go! Especially since the war is supposed to be over, right?

The military won't crack under any pressure, regardless of the source.

Still, good luck trying.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
I think that writing to Congress, Senate, etc won't matter in the sense that they don't control the UFO information. I'd guess that the good stuff is kept under wraps by the military machine, and they can do what they like.

For example, David Hicks (an Australian caught fighting for Iraq in the war) has been held without trial for nearly five years by the US military. Only they could flout any natural laws and human rights and get away with it. If he's a prisoner of war, let him go! Especially since the war is supposed to be over, right?

The military won't crack under any pressure, regardless of the source.

Still, good luck trying.

Yeah, I understand what you are saying - but better try then to not try right?

Imagine if it works?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I think any effort done in this way, at whatever scale is commendable, and in fact should be pursued.

You know, i think the role of Google and Youtube also can be a BIG potential factor in getting publicity and awareness on this issue, dont you think!
Its not traditional media, sothere is no red-tape involved, no censorship really, and that is exactly what UFO researchers can capitalise upon.
I myself, learnt about the disclosure project thru youtube!
And i was bown away to say the least.
What then followed is that i sent the links to my friends, and they in turn viewed it,............it really gets people thinking , it gets them to ask questions they never have asked before, and i am seeing it myself at work for example!

I think the ridicule and the slander has gone on far enough, indeed too long, and yes, if these types of efforts are more encouraged, that will be a refreshing change, wont it!!

[edit on 6-3-2007 by vladmir]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

You know, i think the role of Google and Youtube also can be a BIG potential factor in getting publicity and awareness on this issue, dont you think!

You know, with all the work and research I have been doing lately - I actually forgot all about the internet media outlet. Perhaps a commercial for YouTube, and Google-video can be produced for cheap... its something I am gonna look into now that you have brought it to my attention.

Thanks dude - you deserve points!!! I mean, I totally forgot about that avenue of approach - which in a way I find kind of weird... but sometimes when you work on a bunch of things at once - you forget others...

I figure this: I am sending out a letter that Masqua helped me edit to promote TV and Radio media. I think approaching this from all venues will obtain a maximum effect necessary to "get the ball rolling"

Thanks again Vladmir!

[edit on 3/6/2007 by kroms33]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Ok - just giving a status report:

I really want to swear, with four letter words and various expletives; but I can't and I know that it would do no good.

Now I know why some of the various conspiracy theories exist - things seem a bit odd on the UFO/Research front. Now, I can say without a doubt - most of the people involved could give a ____ about the truth - it is the money they want.

greed.

Anyhow - I only got 2 responses, which I guess is a milestone in some respects. Both responses pretty much stated that "getting funding is the problem, and that is why it hasn't been done yet."
What bunk... if they would have read the letter; it explains how to get funding.
Heck, they sell enough DVDs, Videos and Books - they don't make any profit margins on that stuff??? COME ON.

I guess I should have listened to the people stating "It will never work," but now I know at least I tried.

The funny thing: people telling me it won't work (and it didn't) - it almost seems like everyone doesn't want it to work... I mean, am I the only proactive person on this site that actually goes out and does stuff?

Plan B is going into effect: YouTube and Google Video - perhaps a short on "wanting to know the truth" will work... but if most people are as inactive as I have witnessed - nothing will ever happen because people are lazy

Not to say that the people who helped me and posted here are - I appreciate every word typed - I am talking about regular people who know nothing about what is discussed here...

I have lost faith in MUFON, CUFON, The Disclosure Project; Earthfiles, UFOCenter, FUFOR, UFORC, CSETI, John Grenewald (Black Vault), and UFO Evidence.

All of the above organizations where sent e-mails and a hard copy through the mail.

Perhaps its just to early in the game to see what will become of this; but of the 2 responses - I can see that nothing will.

If I do get any more responses - I will post them

new topics

top topics

join