It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

people talking about "MUSLIMS"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
i really hate it when people talk about how horrible islam and muslims are, yet they only cite a few examples of a handful of muslims behaving badly. it's as if these few thousand muslims are exactly like the other billion muslims in the world.

then they say: "well look at the koran, it's horrible and full of bad things"
cherrypicking a few bad passages
yet they ignore that all religious texts have their bad parts

then people ignore the news story about muslims being treated like crap for trying to open a religious and community center on a piece of legally purchased farmland. their bigoted neighbors having pig races ot attempt to drive them out, which is the equivalent of a cross burning on a black family's lawn.

muslims, the new scapegoats

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'd have to agree with you, but America is discriminative and they discriminate against every minority. Muslims get no more or less treatment than homosexuals, blacks (KKK), etc. :bash:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Muslims getting offended by their neighbors having pigs on their own property? That is a great example of why Muslims are not liked too much!

My position is treat them properly, no special treatment, but watch out for them! There is a plan for a Muslim takeover of the West. It may be a conspiracy, but you know what? This is a conspiracy website!

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Muslims getting offended by their neighbors having pigs on their own property? That is a great example of why Muslims are not liked too much!

And that is a great example of stereotype. :shk:
One Muslim acts like an idiot so lets use it as a reason to dislike all of them.

That is like saying "I don't like Conservatives" because I met one who was a bigot.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

they were offended because the pig races were designed to scare the muslims away

My position is treat them properly, no special treatment,

that's good

but watch out for them! There is a plan for a Muslim takeover of the West. It may be a conspiracy, but you know what? This is a conspiracy website!

... there are conspiracies and then there is bigotry

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

And that is a great example of stereotype. :shk:
One Muslim acts like an idiot so lets use it as a reason to dislike all of them.

That is like saying "I don't like Conservatives" because I met one who was a bigot.

I could have brought up more...but I was commenting on the original post that brought it up.

Gotta go...my porkchops are almost ready!

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I completely agree with you. The fact that so many people insist on generalizing annoys the crap outta me.

I absolutely hate association fallacies.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
cherrypicking a few bad passages

People do this to all Holy books, such as the Bible, as well. It doesn't mean the religion is all bad.

I've only met one muslim in my life (not a lot of them around here) and he was an arrogant, stuck-up b******. Does that mean I hate all muslims because of him? NO. One bad apple doesn't mean they're all like that.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia
I'd have to agree with you, but America is discriminative and they discriminate against every minority. Muslims get no more or less treatment than homosexuals, blacks (KKK), etc. :bash:

... or whites, or heterosexuals, or men, or women. We ALL deal with the same crap.

America is NOT the source of all this, thank you very much. You've NEVER seen intolerance, until you've seen a 'hardcore' Israeli go up against a Palestinian, or an Irish Catholic tango with an Irish Protestant, or half of Europe against the French. They've got us seriously licked in the abuse-your-fellow-man department.

We ALL treat each other like crap, as a general rule. Stop trying to make it sovereign to America and Americans.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I disagree with this statement slightly, only due to the fact that Muslims have been portrayed in such a negative light since 9/11. They have been singled out in programs such as 24, as well as been targeted as a religion of nothing but hatred.

Now gays and blacks have still been persecuted to some degree (racial profiling, real-estate steering), but if you had Joe Black and Joe Muslim in a line at the airport, I would bet a large sum that the latter of the two would have a much tougher time getting through security.

All things said, America will always discriminate against any sort of minority. We have done it for hundreds of years and we aren't about to stop doing it now.

Rather unfortunate if you ask me...

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hobbes

... or whites, or heterosexuals, or men, or women. We ALL deal with the same crap.

America is NOT the source of all this, thank you very much. You've NEVER seen intolerance, until you've seen a 'hardcore' Israeli go up against a Palestinian, or an Irish Catholic tango with an Irish Protestant, or half of Europe against the French. They've got us seriously licked in the abuse-your-fellow-man department.

We ALL treat each other like crap, as a general rule. Stop trying to make it sovereign to America and Americans.

When did I say America was the SOURCE of discrimination? I'm just saying it's common in America because:
1. We had to deal with 9/11.
2. We have a big gay debate going on.
3. We have the most diverse population in the world. With which comes discrimination, prejudice, etc.

And yeah, I'd have to agree with you Don that Muslims are getting special treatment right now in airports because they're accused of being terrorists.

And blacks get special treatment of being criminals and druggies and they also have to deal with double standards.

And whites get special treatment of being racist because people think they think they're the "superior race".

And Mexicans get special treatment because people always think they're illegal and jumped the border and have no potential to be anything but minimum wage workers.

And Asians get special treatment because they tend to lack social skills and skill behind the steering wheel.

And etcetra. They're all stereotypes which obviously aren't always true. And this is coming from a minority who gets crap every day.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Although I agree that people stereotype Muslims far too much, but the political correctness that protects them bugs me! I agree calling someone a name because of their religion is wrong, but when we have ban the telling of three little pigs in schools to coincide with their beliefs it's just a world gone mad! I'm aware this is again because of a few select Muslims, but it drives me crazy.

If they do not agree with UK/American culture then they should move to a country with rules and beliefs they agree with. All it does when they complain about petty things such as that then they build barriers, when we should all be working to a community where we live in harmony with each other.

What next, changing the name of Hamlet to Beeflet?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
my english teacher keeps reading out these news articals about Pakistan and Saudi Arabians torturing and killing women because of various things. such matters make my dislike their beliefs because of gender domination and discrimination. though where i live there are plenty of Muslims and they are just like any other person, same with the African people and Asians.

i dont get it really, what should i believe, its all to complicated, not helped at all by people saying that i am racist because i disagree with women being stoned to death in Pakistan...

new topics

top topics

join