It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Impeachment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Bush's Impeachment

Source Link: www.presstv.ir

Ross C. "Rocky" Anderson, Mayor of Salt Lake City, has called for the impeachment of George W. Bush before the Washington State Senate Governmental Operations Committee.
"I am honored to address you today and am pleased that you, unlike so many members of Congress and most state legislatures, have recognized your solemn responsibility to examine whether proceedings should be commenced for the impeachment of the President of the United States," the Mayor said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Since when does the mayor of Salt Lake City have the power to impeach the President of the United States?

The title is misleading at best, and the source (Iranian state media) is also questionable.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Imho they should first initiate proceedings to impeach Cheney and then Bush (or both at the same time).

But, to see this news article comming from an Iranian newssite and nowhere to be found on any other sites brings up the question if the source is valid.

Can you source it to other news sites (doesn't need to be US based since they most likely won't publish a story about this subject)

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Can you source it to other news sites (doesn't need to be US based since they most likely won't publish a story about this subject)

FWIW,
Google: Ross C. "Rocky" Anderson + impeachment

I agree that the title is quite misleading and said source obviously biased, perhaps "Utah Mayor Calls for Bush's Impeachment" would be more fitting and accurate.

This certanily isn't the first time an elected official has called for Bush's impeachment. Also, I've yet to see any of the "calls for impeachment" gain traction with any % of the House or Senate.

$.02

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Only congress can impeach a president. This mayor's statements are meaningless.

Infact, I would like to now start impeachment proceedings for the Mayor of Salt Lake City.

new topics

top topics

join