It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Neurological Look At Sleep Paralysis In Relation To Abduction/Contact

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I personally believe that sleep paralysis might account for some abduction experiences, but certainly not all. What about multiple abductions, missing time etc ?

I've suffered from sleep paralysis my entire life. However it's been a while since my last episode as I've now managed to overcome most sleep paralysis episodes.
I put this down to meditation and energy awareness exercises.

In the past I've had a lot of sleep paralysis episodes. When it happened it usually started with a high pitched whining noise in my ears and if you allowed it to take hold, thats when the fear kicks in and you usually start to imagine a presence standing over you or in the room with you. Scary stuff especially if you let your imagination run wild.

Now because of my extreme interest in Aliens surely that would make me a prime candidate for an Alien Abduction, especially if I've just spent most of the night reading an Alien Abduction book like "Intruders by Budd Hopkins".
Yet not once have I ever experienced anything like what abductees describe. I've certainly not had any Alien Greys coming through my bedroom window trying to abduct me and I hope to GOD I never do.
Don't think my ticker could handle it.
And that's certainly not down to lack of imagination. You should hear about some of my dreams which I can recall most of the time.

Some psychologists would have us all believe that Alien abductions are a combination of cultural condition and sleep paralysis. Basically if you have an over active imagination and a interest in the paranormal your more likely to have an Alien Abduction episode. From my own personal experiences, this just isnt true and I personally believe that what is happening to some Abductees is real.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
kindred i fully believe that almost all of the abduction cases are esily explained through sleep paralysis, possibly in combination with other neurological or mental disorders. How can i be so sure, no I'm not a doctor but ive have sleep paralysis twice (both while being sick). One time i woke up with all the symptoms usually associated with abduction except, there were no creatures in my room. The second time i also had the symptons of alien abduction, but this time there were creatures around me, no not little aliens but vampires. I was being attacked by vampires.

It all has to do sleep paralysis as well as your current culture, these 'alien abductions' have being going on for many centuries, just with different cultural figures in the place of the aliens

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
I personally believe that sleep paralysis might account for some abduction experiences, but certainly not all. What about multiple abductions, missing time etc ?

Ah, I never said it acounted for all. In fact, I do believe that some cases involving paralysis can not be explained by the neurological condition I discussed. Does this mean extra-terrestrials are involved? Maybe and maybe not. I am no authority on abduction and can not make such broad claims.

And missing time...I am happy you mentioned it. That is the next horribly long thread I will be posting here. I hope you read and contribute to that one as well

I've suffered from sleep paralysis my entire life. However it's been a while since my last episode as I've now managed to overcome most sleep paralysis episodes.
I put this down to meditation and energy awareness exercises.

May I also say that concentrated breathing also helps to quicken the passing of the episode. Also, a high stress level (and other enviromental/mental instances which can be controlled by the individual) have shown some indications of causing episodic waking, hallucinatory sleep paralysis.

In the past I've had a lot of sleep paralysis episodes. When it happened it usually started with a high pitched whining noise in my ears and if you allowed it to take hold, thats when the fear kicks in and you usually start to imagine a presence standing over you or in the room with you. Scary stuff especially if you let your imagination run wild.

Hmm, it is interesting you mention that. A high pitched whine or hum is one of the, according to several sources, most common hallucinations during an episode of sleep paralysis.

It is interesting to note that many abduction cases mention the same type of whine or hum. I can not say that it relates directly but it could be an interesting corrilation.

Some psychologists would have us all believe that Alien abductions are a combination of cultural condition and sleep paralysis. Basically if you have an over active imagination and a interest in the paranormal your more likely to have an Alien Abduction episode.

Well, it would seem that those thinking about and activley studying aliens (specifically in relation to abduction/contact) would dream about such beings more often then the average person who is not.

The notion finds its way into your subconscious and then it is free to come and and play during dreams or other times when your mind begins to wander...some people think that the hallucinations individuals experience are simply their dreams not quite 'finishing' as they come into a state of physical awareness.

From my own personal experiences, this just isnt true and I personally believe that what is happening to some Abductees is real.

Perhaps it is. Neurological and psychological conditions can not explain everything. Please do not think that I am here to say all abduction cases are wrong...I am offering a biological condition which could help explain a common 'symptom' of abduction.

I encourage everyone to keep an open, but educated, mind. Limiting yourself to one range of possibility only helps to stifle the truth.

Thank you for your wonderful input and I like the avatar.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
kindred i fully believe that almost all of the abduction cases are esily explained through sleep paralysis, possibly in combination with other neurological or mental disorders. How can i be so sure, no I'm not a doctor but ive have sleep paralysis twice (both while being sick). One time i woke up with all the symptoms usually associated with abduction except, there were no creatures in my room. The second time i also had the symptons of alien abduction, but this time there were creatures around me, no not little aliens but vampires. I was being attacked by vampires.

Hmm, you should never assume that your personal experience can be used to explain cases across the board. Once again, it leads to a limiting of your scope of thought and stifles alternate forms of thought on the subject.

Just getting that out there...as this applys for individuals on all sides of the debate.

Thank you for the input.

[edit on 3/5/0707 by spines]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Yeah, I've experienced sleep paralysis numerous times. It's pretty freaky since I almost always feel like something is standing over me, only once did I think it was aliens, I was hallucinating that light was flooding in from my bedroom window, and I could hear the door knob being turned, when I finally gained control of my body my heart was pounding out of my chest...

Ah, I have only experienced it twice and I did not hallucinate the first time (except for an auditory ring) and I am not quite sure of the second.

Hallucination or not it is scary and easy to loose ones head about it. I suppose experiencing it (with hallucinations) helps you to understand how people could and would assume it to be the paranormal or extra-terrestrial forces acting upon them.

Thank you for the input.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
A few things that I have not seen mentioned here that i would like to add.

We have two boys, 5 and 8 and they are a very interesting thing to watch sleep.
The youngest has "Night Terrors" and will scream in mid-sleep and not wake up at all. In fact, once he is awake, he will swear that he did not have any dream or scream at all...he honestly does not believe us!

So, while he is dreaming, it is so real to him that he is crying out and yelling actual words and phrases...but once awakened, he deies that he did anything at all!

What a reality this is to him in his sleep and I think we all do this to some degree. I have dreamed and then right upon awakening, I could not tell which reality was the real one for a few moments, had to shake out the cobwebs you might say!

Also, when it comes to lucid dreams, it a whole other story. Lucid dreamers can control their dreams and make them what they want to, Wow what a trip that would be!
Anyway, I think that dreams can produce such amazingly realistic feelings and situations that we are barely beginning to understand the impact that they can have on us. As far as sleep paralysis goes, I think that it may account for the vast majority of abduction reports...but who's to say for sure, just my thoughts!

Spines, great thread you have here! It is going to continue a great debate no doubt!

Peace and respect to you all, Mondo

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by spines
I suppose experiencing it (with hallucinations) helps you to understand how people could and would assume it to be the paranormal or extra-terrestrial forces acting upon them.

Well, kinda. But everytime I've experienced it, when I finally gained control I knew exactly what happened, and alot of the abduction stories I hear aren't really from peoples beds while they sleep, but when they're driving on the road or whatever. Sleep paralysis events, for me at least, are not really a mystery, the feeling of something standing over you while you can't move makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up, but once you can shake free of it, you know you were half dreaming, I always do at least.

Dae

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by spines

Hmm, it is interesting you mention that. A high pitched whine or hum is one of the, according to several sources, most common hallucinations during an episode of sleep paralysis.

It is interesting to note that many abduction cases mention the same type of whine or hum. I can not say that it relates directly but it could be an interesting corrilation.

Interesting that the whine/hum is mentioned. I always get that in SP. Sometimes I can feel my brain states shifting from alpha to theta waves and the whine sound/sensation happens as it changes. If I am conscious at this point, the whine becomes pain *shudders* Ive got it under control(ish) now. I described my experiences in another thread, Ill link to it as a single post if you want to read it. Here. If you (or anyone else) has heard about this or know anyone who has had the same experiences, please let me know, I feel kinda alone in this one.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
hi people
i have been on this site for a while now and have been meaning to say hello but always started reading the posts and never got round to it. some very good reading, oh and HELLO EVERYBODY.
this post is 1 of the reasons i ended up at this mighty site and here is my ghost story.
it was a saturday morning, my girlfriend at the time had gone to work at 9am and left me sleeping. i suffer a lot of pains and do not sleep too well and take it when it comes. i was in a deep sleep when all of a sudden i woke up with a feeling that someone was in the room looking at me. i sat up in the bed and looked around, first i thought my girlfriends son had come into the room but realised he was at his dads for the weekend. the feeling of someone watching me was VERY strong but seeing that no one was in the room i laid back down. that feeling was getting stronger, so i sat up again and looked around the room. still an empty room so again i laid back down and i was trying to remember if i was dreaming, when all of a sudden i felt someone sit down on the other side of the bed, i was at the other side facing the wall, then the person laid down and i felt them slide towards me and spoon against my back. i am not an easy person to scare but i was terrified at that moment. we both laid there for about 5 seconds till i could not take it anymore and jumped out of bed squealing like a little schoolgirl (im still embarressed about the squeal) and all of a sudden the feeling of someone being in the room disappeared. i looked around me not believing what had happened. i laid back on the bed and the clock was showing 10.33am. my mind was racing trying to understand what had happened and i started thinking, a special person in my life had come to see me for the last time. i cant describe how or why i had came to this conclusion but it was the way i felt and i felt i scared HER away with my girly screams. i actually started feeling guilty. i hoped for a long time after that, that she would come back but she never did. i had posted this story on another site, looking for answers and someone had said about the sleep thing. i believe in aliens but have never seen one personally, so i cant prove that fact, but i fully believe in spirits because i know the truth.
my reasons for this post, i cant say anything about the abduction cases but i do know that a friend of mine had died that morning and came to see me for a reason and i was not dreaming or paralyzed or anything else and i would say a lot of abductees would agree "it happened".
a doctor will always look for the logical reasons but sometimes the logic does not add up.
this happened to me about 11 years ago and i remember it like all of the rest of my important events of my life, from start to finish. i believe GOREZI, NOVISE and FOOFFSTARR and the rest BUT i know i was not dreaming, i very rarely dream or just dont remember the dreams.
i know you said, sleep paralysis does not cover all of the answers, i just wanted you too know my story and my reasons for not agreeing that this is happening too all of the abductees.
sorry for this being another long thread but thank you all who read it and if anybody can help me understand that morning better, i would love to from them.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
When I experienced episodes of "sleep paralysis" as a kid — from 5 years old until about 18 years old — I recall that it wasn't so much a matter of being unable to move as it was a matter of being so scared that I dared not move.

this is best how i can describe it when i experienced it. maybe i couldn't move, maybe i could. but i think i might have just been going along with it. come to think of it, i didn't even attempt to move. but i did feel a presence in the room, and my legs felt like they were levitated off the bed. i couldn't put them back down, yet i couldn't feel myself trying to lift them up. besides, laying on your back and trying to lift your legs like 4-6 inches off the mattress isnt really the easiest thing to do for an extended period of time. i think a previous post of mine in another thread describes the whole thing in more detail as it was more than just waking up and being like oh shizz an entity in my room

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliffy
this post is 1 of the reasons i ended up at this mighty site

Oh don't make me blush.
Glad that you have decided to get active and contribute to the site.

Your story, to long to quote since it is right above me, is much appreciated and an great example of a situation where sleep paralysis, or other neurological/psychological, may not be able to explain. As one who believes there is more to this place we call home then what we know I appreciate your wonderful story.

a doctor will always look for the logical reasons but sometimes the logic does not add up.

Very true and something which I feel doctors/medical experts tend to forget. There are some things which are not easily explained and sometimes alternate forms of thought may be the answer.

However, that concept goes both ways. Those who attribute paranormal causes to experiences which are difficult to explain must also be willing to concede to a logical and 'scientific' answer if it should arise and be proven.

sorry for this being another long thread but thank you all who read it and if anybody can help me understand that morning better, i would love to from them.

I wish I could. Maybe somebody else on here who reads your post can offer more insight into your experience then I can.

Thank you again for sharing your story and joining the ATS community.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
thank you for the welcome spines.
yes you are very right about the concept working both ways. i dont suffer sleep disorders (apart from not getting enough) and from reading these posts, it does happen. you also have the nuts who want to jump on the band wagon and tell the world a load of bull.
i get laughed at sometimes when i tell my story and some people look at me as if i had just grew another head but i can understand that it must be hard to believe and i dont have any proof apart from what i say but my close friends believe me, i hate lies and they know that.
to be honest, i still find it hard to believe myself to this day but it did. i dont fear going to bed and would love it to happen again and maybe get a few answers but i dont think that will happen.

the strangest thing about this thread, no abductee has replied to this thread.
thank you for the honesty "spines"
keep up the good work doc

spliffy

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Thank you, Spines. When I saw this thread title, my skin crawled. Literally.

I've been a UFO believer ( I WANT to believe ) since I was young. I'm nearly 40, now.

In my mid twenties, I knew about abduction cases and found them interesting, to say the least. Most sounded far-fetched, but a rare few sounded very honest, and for the person, frightening.

My wife and I ( recent newlyweds ) had moved into a home and were in
the process of getting everything just right. I had just gotten my first job,
since leaving the Army, and all seemed perfect. ( insert angelic sigh here )

One night, after retiring to bed, I awoke unable to move. Felt like someone
was on my chest. I could hear movement in the house, and tried to scream. Nothing happened. I could look around, but nothing else. To use
a phrase, I was scared ****less.

I'm not sure when I went back to sleep, but in the morning I remembered the entire episode. My wife slept through the entire event.

It's never happened again, and I firmly believe it was sleep paralysis.
If anyone reading this has never had this happen, consider yourself lucky.

Again Spines, thanks.

Lex

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

the strangest thing about this thread, no abductee has replied to this thread.

I find it stranger that I have not had anybody refuting my opinion on the subject.

Usually a thread such as this one is met with one or two individuals who feel strongly against the OP.

Oh well, maybe it just isn't worth their time.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
I've been a UFO believer ( I WANT to believe ) since I was young. I'm nearly 40, now.

I am a bit younger than you but I understand the feeling. I want to believe but I can not bring myself to see a picture or hear an account and simply...believe.

My skepticism keeps me from running wild in excitment with hoaxes, misinterpretations and 'abstract' theories. Oh well...maybe one day I will find the proof that I need.

But enough with derailing my own thread and back to the topic:

One night, after retiring to bed, I awoke unable to move. Felt like someone
was on my chest.

Ah, the feeling that someone is sitting upon your chest...one of the most common occurrences during sleep paralysis. It was this feeling that led some cultures to attribute the condition that we know as 'sleep paralysis' to ghosts or demons sitting upon an individuals chest (I forget if I have mentioned this previously; forgive me if I am repeating myself).

I could hear movement in the house, and tried to scream. Nothing happened. I could look around, but nothing else. To use
a phrase, I was scared ****less.

The failed attempt to scream or make any noise is the, in my opinion and experience, scariest part of sleep paralysis. I can most definitely relate to you on this part of your experience.

It's never happened again, and I firmly believe it was sleep paralysis.
If anyone reading this has never had this happen, consider yourself lucky.

Amen to that. It is not a serious condition and/or episode (most of the time) but it can be one of the scariest.

Thank you for taking time to respond and share your experience/thoughts.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hello, let me set my drink down first. New member here, I've been perusing the forums here and there over the last year. Unlike the other forums where I'd be talking out of my rear, I actually have personal experiences with this topic.

To begin, who knows the cause of my sleep disturbances because I never get what I consider a good night's sleep. I often wonder if my dreams will change,or if I'll ever be able to hold on to a "lucid dream"for more than a few minutes if I get better sleep.

I've had sleep paralysis on many occasions,and I don't enjoy it. If I could "snap out of it" or control it that would be nice. Most often it happens in the afternoon when I take a nap,rarely does it happen at night/early morning. I get the classic difficult breathing,pressure on chest,paralysis and whatnot. I seem to be awake,but I do not view my waking world with my eyes open.

I have read some articles on this,there is one I may link to in the future if you haven't already read it.

Anyway,I've only had one incident where involving alien looking beings. I "awoke"to the paralysis and was staring through some orange/red tunnel into the face of a more or less classic "grey". As I struggled to move and thought "oh the hell with this ET thing!"I could feel the alien "zap"me with it's mind and I could only stare straight at it,as if it were indeed saying"I'm the boss here!". There was a definite sense of menace about it.

Most often my sleep paralysis has me waking with the feeling of increasing difficulty in breathing,sometimes I've dreamt I was underwater. Other times I struggle to move my pinky so I can snap out of this horrible feeling. I've had incidents where I feel myself rising up off the couch,but obviously I wasn't since I was napping while others were in the room.

I've also had the classic feeling of something lying on top of me,the incubus/succubus angle perhaps? The unfortunate part is it's always a male,not a female,I don't know what that says about me! Often I awake and feel there are people in the room but I pretend I'm asleep,all I feel is they get on top of me and then it's over. Some have been people,others demons. Why demons? I understand the theories,but I don't believe in demons,not the traditional ones anyway.

One incident I had awhile ago I snapped out of deep sleep early in the morning and I could feel something wanted to overtake me. As I was in the process of waking(actually waking)this demon disappeared with a significant growl in my ear. I could tell this thing was not happy I woke up.

I get the scientific basis for these things,I don't understand why I should be dreaming about demons if I don't believe in them or have them on the mind. I've done alot of dream experiments but rarely will I even dream about something I've had on my mind lately. My recurring dream subjects are rather odd and sort of mundane.

I should also add the difficulty in breathing may be sleep apnea. I know my dad has it,it's actually scary watching him sleep.He says I have it a bit too.

Anyway,that's my story.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Whenever I experience an episode of sleep paralysis, I usually think to myself "aww man, how long is this gonna last this time?" and it is usually relieved by an attempt to blink my eyes. I have had sleep paralysis off and on for 6 years.

The 1st time I ever had and episode I was 13 (i'm 19 now for those who didn't feel like counting :lol
and "awoke" to the sound of pages being torn from a book. Needless to say it scared the ____ out of me. I tried to get up and run but found I couldn't move. I tried and tried to move, but to no avail. I "screamed" for my mom, but she never came. I decided to close my eyes and prayed (no relief). Eventually, I woke up and I was pi$$ed at my mom for not coming to my aid. She then told me that she was up all night (for whatever reason) and had not heard me screaming. This went on for about a week, after the 2nd night I told my brother and my mom to check on me periodacally throughout the night to see if I was okay. BTW, they never did

At this time in my life, I was just getting started with this whole paranormal, ghosts stuff and thought I was under attack (so lame I know.) I did some research and found out that this is called REM sleep. This went on for about 2 months and was accompanied with or without the sounds of pages being ripped or the sound of someone beating on the wall, but I always felt like something was weighing me down. I usually kept the tv on or the door cracked (just in case.) Since then, I get it periodacally, even in the daytime when taking a nap.

Another name for this episode is called The Rose and some old people refer to it as The Witch Riding Your Back (the feeling that someone is sitting on you comes from this) and they may tell you to fill up pots of water and place them around your bed. I forgot what the water does, but when I was told to do that, that's when I decided to do my own research

if you see this same thing posted under a name d0ntf333lsp3cial, i'm not forging, that was my name before this one

[edit on 19-3-2007 by idealisticrealist]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is usual, but I believe I have only experienced sleep paralysis once. That I can recall, anyway.

I was 17 at the time. I woke up at around 2am, on my front and unable to move. I remember I had thrown off the duvet in the night, so I was freezing cold, in addition to being unable to move.

I admit I panicked for a bit. It is very disconcerting waking up and having no control over your body at all. Fortunately, being the smart arse kid I was, I had heard of Sleep Paralysis before this incident. It was hard to think rationally, but I guessed it was likely this which was happening to me.

My feeling of time was quite weird too. I remember mentally trying to keep track of how long since I had woke up, but it was hard to tell. I also had the very disconcerting feeling that there was something behind me, where I couldn't see, involved with this. I knew it was a mix of panic and the paralysis, but that only made me feel marginally better, prone as I was.

I actually started to get comfortable and relaxed when I realized I could move one of my fingers again. I had been trying on and off for a bit, but once I did it, it was like the whole thing had been lifted. I grabbed my duvet, rolled over and went back to sleep. Never suffered anything like it since.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harry Creen
Hello, let me set my drink down first. New member here, I've been perusing the forums here and there over the last year. Unlike the other forums where I'd be talking out of my rear, I actually have personal experiences with this topic.

Welcome to ATS, I am glad that you won't be 'talking out of your rear' in my thread.

I've had sleep paralysis on many occasions,and I don't enjoy it. If I could "snap out of it" or control it that would be nice.

From all that I have read, the best way to 'snap out of it' is to realize what is happening (not panicking although it may be hard at times) and to concentrate on breathng. Take, if you can, long deep breaths and just 'wait it out'...it usually only lasts a few seconds to a minute.

Most often it happens in the afternoon when I take a nap,rarely does it happen at night/early morning.

Hmm, that is pretty interesting. If it is happening in the afternoon as you take a nap I would imagine that more often than not you are experiencing 'falling' sleep paralysis as opposed to a 'waking' sleep paralysis(the hormones being flooded too fast and/or too early).

How long do your naps last? If they are short cat-naps then I would stick with my thoughts that it is a 'falling' sleep paralysis. But, if they are longer naps and REM sleep has time to take hold then it is more likely a 'waking' sleep paralysis; especially considering the hallucinations which are more common to a waking sleep paralysis (thought to possibly be the dreams of REM sleep 'leaking through' as your body is in this confusing state).

I have read some articles on this,there is one I may link to in the future if you haven't already read it.

I would love to see the articles. I am always interested in new reading.

I've had incidents where I feel myself rising up off the couch,but obviously I wasn't since I was napping while others were in the room.

Hmm, this is interesting. In some reported abduction cases that involve sleep paralysis the individual believes that he/she is being lifted off of their bed and towards the beings and/or ship.

This is in no way scientifically based but: Could it be that the feeling of being 'lifted' off of the bed is a semi-common occurrence in sleep paralysis and, coupled with a mind which is subconsciously preoccupied with 'classic' abduction cases, could lead one to believe that they were being abducted?

Given the common belief that there is 'something' in the room with an individual while they experience sleep paralysis and the visual hallucinations which can often accompany this feeling...I would not think it to be to much of a stretch to connect the 'floating' feeling of abduction with sleep paralysis as well.

Hmm, thank you for the thought.

Some have been people,others demons. Why demons? I understand the theories,but I don't believe in demons,not the traditional ones anyway.

[...]

I get the scientific basis for these things,I don't understand why I should be dreaming about demons if I don't believe in them or have them on the mind. I've done alot of dream experiments but rarely will I even dream about something I've had on my mind lately.

Well, you do have an idea of what a 'demon' is or is supposed to be. You may not personally believe in their existence (in whatever capacity that may be), but the image is a popular one in pop culture lately (books, movies, etc...dealing with the subject).

It could be that your subconscious 'stored' this information for some reason. Maybe the idea, when initially presented to you, seemed so 'off' that you made a subconscious point of non-belief. Even though you consciously hold no belief in these demons, your subconscious can be a tricky thing which holds onto ideas/archetypes and lets them 'run free' during REM sleep (some people believe that dreams are your subconscious pushing forward a bit).

I should also add the difficulty in breathing may be sleep apnea. I know my dad has it,it's actually scary watching him sleep.He says I have it a bit too.

Ah, I forgot to mention this. It is a good point as well. However, sleep apnea usually leaves the individual asleep still (my fatherhas it as well). However, during sleep paralysis the individual is fully awake and aware without muscular control.

Thank you for the wonderful post. Really got me thinking.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Kaliayev,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Waking up to sleep paralysis is a scary thing...but I can not even imagine how it would have been if I had woken up to it the first time and been prone. An all new degree of scared.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join