It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN right now Obama preaching

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Here's part of the speech of Obama.

“So I just want to talk a little about Moses and Aaron and Joshua, because we are in the presence today of a lot of Mosses’. We're in the presence today of giants whose shoulders we stand on, people who battled, not just on behalf of African Americans but on behalf of all of America; that battled for America’s soul, that shed blood , that endured taunts and formant and in some cases gave -- torment and in some cases gave the full measure of their devotion.
Like Moses, they challenged Pharaoh, the princes, powers who said that some are atop and others are at the bottom, and that's how it's always going to be.
I’m here because somebody marched. I’m here because you all sacrificed for me. I stand on the shoulders of giants. I thank the Moses generation; but we've got to remember, now, that Joshua still had a job to do. As great as Moses was, despite all that he did, leading a people out of bondage, he didn't cross over the river to see the Promised Land. God told him your job is done. You'll see it. You'll be at the mountain top and you can see what I’ve promised. What I’ve promised to Abraham and Isaac and Jacob. You will see that I’ve fulfilled that promise but you won't go there.’’

I’ve been wondering when his speech was going to be posted. Finally it has.
Ok its understanding that he’s comparing them selves to Moses whom came out of the land of Egypt for freedom.
However, Comparing himself to Joshua!
Nope that doesn’t make since. Joshua was the man who went to battle. So to me he’s saying the battle hasn’t begun yet and now is the time. Now this is our generation it's time for BATTLE. I personally don’t think he is thinking very good there at all. He goes on for quite a while in this. Here’s the link to his speech.

obama.senate.gov...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Let us be wise and discern him by his fruit not our fear.

Mathew 7:16-7:20

"You will know them by their fruit....every good tree produces good fruit, but a rotten tree produces bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, and a rotten tree cannot produce good fruit... So by their fruit you will know them."

Let us know that fear causes the heart to fail

Luke 21:26

Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for apprehension of those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

When the day does come let us remember

Jeremiah 42:11

Do not be afraid of the king of Babylon, whom you are now fearing; do not be afraid of him,' declares the LORD, 'for I am with you to save you and deliver you from his hand.

*Remember*

the Lord is in control

Psalm 16:8

I have set the LORD always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

*Remember*

after you have done everything, to stand

Ephesians 6:10-18

10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

*Remember*

You are blessed, have no fear

Revelation 14:13

13Then I heard a voice from heaven say, "Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on."
"Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them."

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wordshavepower

Necromancy is the act of ebil

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
reply to post by Wordshavepower

Necromancy is the act of ebil

What are you trying to say?

Are you making an accusation or a statement about yourself?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn

Your average overweight, noise picking, soundbite quoting, crucifix wearing, Idol watching American doesn't bother actually watching C-Span or reviewing a candidates voting record. Somehow they conclude that if a candidate talks about God, they must be good people.

Yet somehow, the 60 Million or so who never bothered to look into Actual Records, were your average Condescending, Finger Flicking, Media Talking Point Quoting, Religion Bashing, Olbermann Watching Liberals. Somehow, they conclude that if a candidate talks about "Spreading the Wealth", and increasing Welfare, they must be good people.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This is all sooo easy to explain.

Remember the key words from the democrat manifesto:

The ends justify the means.

So, it is an attempt at pandering by "obillary" (I love that moniker, don't you all?), but it is to be expected, since almost all of their campaigning qualifies as pandering.

I'm sure many of you have seen the video of the woman coming out of one of obama's campaign speeches (in PA) in a kind of "rapture" because "obama was going to pay for her mortgage and her gasoline ...".

[edit on 11/15/2008 by centurion1211]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join