It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The joy of nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Like come on. They are pressing for nukelear disarmerant when a kid in his shed could build one.

Advise for potention terrorists:
1. Search for nuke designs on a web search engine (you can find them i've tryed)
2. Go to www.unitednuclear.com... and buy some uranium ore
3. Buy some plutonium on the american black market
4. Synithisise
5. Make some C3 as a triger. (www.totse.com...
6. Park your car or van or watever with the bomb in Washington DC
7. Kaboom mofo

They're worried about forign terrorists, wait until one inside america comes, packing nukes!

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
We hear all about al-quaida and the problems they pose to our national security but we never hear anything about "lone wolf's", crazy US born, anti-society terrorist. THe Oklahoma bombing was the result of just one lone wolf.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   

when a kid in his shed could build one.

Thankfully its still a little more involved than that.

Any site you find that tells you its easy to make nukes tends to be either lying or a joke.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
lol, the process of building a nuke is alot more complicated than putting some high-grade uranium and plutonium together with a trigger explosive. You forget that these are heavy metals that give off radiation, and just handling them can be harmful/fatal. Add to that fact that there are sattelites that can track radiation from space. Also do you think UnitedNuclear will sell a hunk of material to just anyone? I doubt they would sell it to someone unless the order is on company letterhead (Los Alamos, Sandia, etc) and the person making the order holds a phD in some field related to nuclear technology.

I don't get why people always look to nukes for the "big bang" of terrorist acts. You need not look further than our computerized infrastucture and how much we depend on it to see a huge ripe target. Blaster and Slammer prooved how damaging a simple computer virus could be, and hopefully the IT field has taken that to heart.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It really isnt that hard to build a nuclear bomb if you were motivated and had technical skills, the hard part is finding some weapons grade plutonium, they dont sell the stuff at walmart.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
We hear all about al-quaida and the problems they pose to our national security but we never hear anything about "lone wolf's", crazy US born, anti-society terrorist. THe Oklahoma bombing was the result of just one lone wolf.

It was more than one "lone wolf".

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Yes, it's true; there is much more involved with building a nuke than you think. I've seen the designs on the FAS website, and they're wrong. Totally.

Unless you have actually taken part in building one, you can only guess about the technical design of the particular nuke you are intending to build.

It's alot more complicated than you think.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The most important thing for a prospective nuclear bomber is contacts. It is still difficult to get the necessary facilities and all the other odds-and-ends that you need to build the thing, even before you start worrying about the plutonium or urainium.
Point of fact, no one has done it yet. There are plenty of groups out there who have the capability to build and deploy so called 'suitcase' nukes, but - so far at least - no one has been stupid enough to try it.
I seriously doubt that I will ever see a terrorist group detonate a nuclear weapon in my lifetime, it is more likely to be G.W. who's going to be the culprit.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bensrob

I love that guys' eyebrows

Looking for some Uranium? Click here.
It's that cheese grin and the eyebrows

That is a work of genius

Either it is a government scheme to track anyone who want to try to buy Uranium or someone has a sense of humour.

[Edited on 22-12-2003 by MacGonzo]

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano

when a kid in his shed could build one.

Thankfully its still a little more involved than that.

Any site you find that tells you its easy to make nukes tends to be either lying or a joke.

Yeah..

Like..

It took tens of years to NATIONS build nukes..

Like South Africa..

And even them with all the money..

Still needed help from other goverments..

Namely Israel..
(Or South Africa helped Israel.. its hard to tell.. either way both nation had nukes.. and Israel still has..)

Belive me when i tell you terrorist wont ever be able to make a nuclear weapons..

Maybe dirty bombs if lucky..

But that is really simple to make..

All you need is a X-ray machine an regular explosives..

*Edit*

South African nukes:

They had 4 ready to go..

But these were quite weak devices.. 5-10kt in yield..

Link1
Link2
Link3

[Edited on 22-12-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I am afraid that its probably easier to just pay some million bucks to russian generals to get an abomb on the black-market. They built more than 10.000 and I doubt they have them all destroyed or still in safe custody - some will be in harmful hands.

Somebody said that satellites can track radiation. I think that's true but as far as I remember only if the radiation is already the result of an explosion. If you cover the bomb with lead it will be nearly no radition at all.

What I fear most is just a simple computer error. Not the Windows blue screens but some really unforseen mistakes in something related to the nukes.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Some of you people talk about buying from black market or internet....

WELL I BET THE GOVERNMENT IS WATCHING MOST OF THOSE PLACES!

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
more like ALL them places

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
more like ALL them places

Ill give 10 Cents (Of a Euro..)

To anybody that delivers me a backpack nuke..

I would give more..

But i seem to be broke..

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bensrob

ehhh...not quite that easy buddy. Uranium Ore has to be run through a government enrichment plant before it is suitable for use in nuclear weapons. Uranium ore contains about .7% U235, which is used for nuclear weapons...this has to be at least 90% before it can be used.

top topics

join