It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain Plans Fingerprinting of all 11y/o by 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Britain Plans Fingerprinting of all 11y/o by 2010

Source Link: www.timesonline.co.uk

CHILDREN aged 11 to 16 are to have their fingerprints taken and stored on a secret database, internal Whitehall documents reveal.

The leaked Home Office plans show that the mass fingerprinting will start in 2010, with a batch of 295,000 youngsters who apply for passports.

The Home Office expects 545,000 children aged 11 and over to have their prints taken in 2011, with the figure settling at an annual 495,000 from 2014. Their fingerprints will be held on a database also used by...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.timesonline.co.uk
www.dailymail.co.uk

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Doesn't this scare anybody? How are you Brits letting your government do this to you? Surveillance cameras everywhere... Mandatory fingerprinting...

I don't know...

It just doesn't seem right to me I guess.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
the guilty until proven innocent society, people do not understand that these things will be abused by those in power.

until something happens when there freedoms are taken away, and they have not done anything wrong.

worse things are going on, but this is indeed a bad step, but we are always going in this direction, of total control.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It is true, we Brits have let the New Labour fascists put us in this situation. It is highly amusing that the party that brought us Margeret Thatcher (the Tories) seem to be the party for freedom at the moment, while the traditional People's Party (Labour) are doing their utmost to go Orwellian on everyone.

I am all for some major arsekickings being handed out to these Big Brother UKG types, but it is INCREDIBLY hard to get anything done in this country. You can put a million and a half people on the street protesting, and the Government will just ignore them. And like IDIOTS, people see they are ignored, and then think its not worth fighting.

Well, IMO, it bloody well is. I would recommend that ALL Brits watch the movie V For Vendetta. It will make you notice things when you draw comparisons to today's Britain.

And another thing: people in the UK should be less concerned with being labelled a left wing nut by the Murdoch press and more concerned with our kids growing up in a police state. If you can't be bothered fighting for your freedoms, then do it for your kids.

I am sure there's a cliche in there somwhere...

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
just refuse, but hey, people won't and those few who do will be jailed.

Now we finally know how the Nazis and Commies gained total control, people simply let it happen, after all the gov't does no wrong, does it?

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
Now we finally know how the Nazis and Commies gained total control, people simply let it happen, after all the gov't does no wrong, does it?

Well, the way some of the people act round here, you would think modern politicians were the spawn of Ghandi.

So trusting. So enslaved. Incarcerated in a mental birdcage.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Fingerprint your children
We've always fingerprinted our children

I for one plan to be dust by the time all those who support these actions are able to enjoy their new found "security". Enjoy yourselves.

War is Peace
Ignorance is Strength
Freedom is Slavery

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terran Blue
It is true, we Brits have let the New Labour fascists put us in this situation. It is highly amusing that the party that brought us Margeret Thatcher (the Tories) seem to be the party for freedom at the moment, while the traditional People's Party (Labour) are doing their utmost to go Orwellian on everyone.

Thatch was a hard tough woman, but stand back a minute. Yes, she gagged Jerry Adams for a while and stopped the Miners running pickets all over the place, but aprt from that, she left civil liberties alone. And when Thatch went to fight for the Falklands, she didnt' blow up Canary Wharf and try to pin it on the Argentine Dictator or claim he had WMD, she simply said this is what we have to do and did it...and that took true guts.

In short, Thatch got things done PLAYING BY THE RULES, whereas Blair has ripped up almost ALL CIVIL RIGHTS. And whereas Thatch had "Victorian Values", those of "moderniser" Blair are actually PRE-MEDIEVAL.

..And then there's the House of Lords. Its all very well complaining about "lottery of birth" and "built-in Tory majority", but in getting their seats without an election the Lords owed nothing to anyone and were able to vote by what they beleived to be right. Forget all the protests, the HARD RECORD is that the old boys with their Brandies and cigars have put up easly the most effective continuous obstruction to all of Tony Blair's "Anit-terrorism" Acts designed to sweep away all our rights.

It is the NEW WORLD ORDER that is the risk to us, NOT the OLD WORLD ORDER, for the old blue-blooded aristocracy needs no funny secret societies or creepy plans to take over. They already own enough not to worry and their actions are ones taken our of a basic sense of decency, beleiving in the individual rights that had them foist the Magna Carta on King John 800 odd years ago.

People should think which is most important - preventing a bunch of Eton old boys running the country or stopping World War 3 and the liqudation of a few hundred million Arab lives.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Oh don't get me wrong nobodyelse, I would take thatch over Tone any day, especially after the arsekicking she and Our Boys handed out to the Argies. I am merely trying to point out that the party people would assume to be very right-wing are damn near marxist if you place them alongside Blair and Reid and Co.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It seems like the latest intrusions into privacy in the UK is the direct result of liberal immigration laws that let so many Muslims who have no interest in being part of your society.

As you sow, so shall you reap.

[edit on 3/5/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It seems like the latest intrusions into privacy in the UK is the direct result of liberal immigration laws that let so many Muslims who have no interest in being part of your society.

As you sow, so shall you reap.

It seems like you know nothing of what you speak.

Furthermore, it seems that you have no interest in this topic, and are only opening your pie-hole to bitch about muslims, which, I suppose, is to be expected coming from a radical like yourself.

With these points in mind DJ, I put it to you that if you have such a beef with muslims, why don't you get off your arse and go have your own little crusade/jihad against them? Or is it more comfortable to be an ignorant armchair general?

new topics

top topics

join