It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warcrimes of 1967 War Covered Up Then and Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Warcrimes of 1967 War Covered Up Then and Now

Source Link: www.ynetnews.com

Former Meretz leader Yossi Sarid told the Egyptian daily al-Ahram that the execution of Egyptian captives by Israeli soldiers at the end of the Six Day War in 1967 was a war crime.

Israel 's Channel One television aired a documentary earlier this week in which it was claimed that an elite Israeli army unit commanded by Labor MK Benyamin Ben-Eliezer executed 250 unarmed Egyptian soldiers.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Its not surprising that this has not made the news in American media. What is surprising however is that there were 250 people murdered in cold blood admittedly and was under the command of a now current politician and they say nothing can be done about it. I don't see why not since they still hunt Nazi war criminals even 70 years later, why this wouldn't be possible 40 years later.

Breaking the law seems to be a trait of the IDF.
More Illegal usage of Human Shields

IDF arrests caught on tape raise questions on military practices

By The Associated Press

The young Palestinian man was dressed in shorts and a T-shirt on a cold winter morning as he walked in front of heavily armed Israeli soldiers on a door-to-door sweep of three apartments in a crowded West Bank neighborhood.

The scene - caught by an Associated Press news camera - has raised questions about whether the Israeli army is still using Palestinian civilians during military operations, despite an Israeli Supreme Court order barring the practice.

Human Shield Caught on tape

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Until more proof is provided I'm going to remain sceptical about the war crimes allegations. Regimes often use such allegations as propaganda to distract people who are often suffering on the home front.

Just my ten cents.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Just so you know Yossi Sarid was leader of the Maretz party in Israel in the late 1990's and it is the 3rd largest political party in Israel. They base their platform on peace with Israels neighbors.

This man is not just anyone off the streets.

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Even if they're charged, US will always interject and negate any possible punishment or fines for Israel. If US is willing to sweep the investigation of the bombing of the USS Liberty, our own military men's death, under the rug, just to keep good relations with Israel, then something like this wont bother Israel at all, because they know US will always keep them from trouble.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Well if you have friends on high placees, you can afford to do that.

Makes me wonder, how many of these warcrimes are going on as we speak, and we shall probably never ever know about them. And let us not even start to dig up any old Mossad stuff....

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Well if you have friends on high placees, you can afford to do that.

Makes me wonder, how many of these warcrimes are going on as we speak, and we shall probably never ever know about them. And let us not even start to dig up any old Mossad stuff....

Well we will find out about them but how long afterwards? Look at how long it took for the men of the USS Liberty to actually speak up about it after being told to keep it quiet. We had over 150 of their agents here and nothing happened. The AIPAC stooges caught with top secret documents aren't even being charged with espionage, they are being charged with possesion of classified documents. Even when they do damage to the USA as DJ said, its swept under the rug. Its going o take an administration with backbone to finally put their foot down and sever this imaginary parallel before we will ever get to the bottom of whats going on over there. These are exactly the type of things that has contributed to the problems in the ME.

The Israeli government usually cries about Arab conspiracy theorists and that they get the blame for everything....duhhhh well you did it.

top topics

join