It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Expert Shot Near D.C.-Area Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Russian Expert Shot Near D.C.-Area Home

Source Link: www.wtopnews.com

WASHINGTON (AP) - An expert on Russian intelligence was critically injured in a shooting in front of his suburban Washington home, authorities said.

The shooting of Paul Joyal, 53, came days after he accused the Russian government of involvement in the poisoning of former KGB agent Alexander Litvinenko. The FBI was assisting in the investigation.

Joyal was shot Thursday by two men in his driveway, police said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I don't know what to think about this. The article mentions robbery but I've got a feeling this has something to do with the poisioned KGB agent. Anyone else smell something fishy here?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't think this is any coincidence.

Russia must be up to something...it's pretty daring to kill (or at least try to) two high profile critics on UK & U.S. soil. If it can be conclusively tied to them, what will happen?

[edit on 3/3/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
You know something, with all the violence around the world (in every damn corner) today, I think we are all headed to somethng really big and disasterous. It seems that nobody trusts anybody anymore.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Good find Mooney this is not just a coincidence that he was shot along with the pro-democracy protesters being beaten i would say that Russia is trying to send a message to US.....

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
He couldn't have been shot. Guns are illegal in DC..

So this attack must have been a rocking or a sticking and happened because he was too close to the truth.

Roper

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Now what's up with these Russian spies these days?

I think somebody is doing his springtime cleaning.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This is what happens as a result of the Russian Mob and the Russian Government fusing into one during the reign of Putin. The Russians shouldn't be allowed to do contract hits anywhere in the world especially not in the US or UK.
I think there have been so many killed by Russian intelligence lately because the Russians are the one's feeling squeezed due to what is happenening in both the Middle East, in Asia, and then also in Eastern Europe. Putin must feel as if he is being surrounded. It isn't the cold war anymore and maybe Putin is trying to regain that power for his country.

I hope ATS stays on top of this case because if this does end up being KGB or Russian Intelligence related this story is HUGE because now KGB have assasinated two well known individuals one on UK soil while this one was carried out in Washington.

I hope Putin is held accountable for these murders and if he ends up being the responsible party I hope he get's a swift taste of American Justice.

new topics

top topics

join