It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Possible? -Infinity-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
-The ""theory"" of Infinity-

Please excuse the use of the word "Theory" it just sounded cool please dont knock it i know it is not an actual theory till a certain percentage of The world accepts it Anyways Moving on.

My Theory, Yes i came up with this, No i did not look around. so if a sentance of mine is remotely close to something else dont mark me for it this is mainly questions i would like to have answered ty.

Ok now imagine we have a box inside of it is an infinite amount of space , We need space to keep this box dont we, this box takes up space wether you like it or not, so our universe of infinity has to be kept in something Right? Which means infinity does not last forever-IMO-but instead does not go beyond it ends. but this is also not possible because you need a space to keep a space so how is this possible? is space being kept in a stable amount of its own space or is it? Wouldnt this cause so much pressure that our universe would collapse?

Anyways comments Sugestions more Questions answers!?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
My brain hurts :'(....

Surley the universe would still be infinate using your theory? For it to work out the universe would have to be a box in a box in a box in a box etc?

[edit on 3/3/07 by FudgeStix]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Hehe I am with ya, when I think about the universe and all that, I don't think of it as infinite. I don't see how it works if it is infinite, but I am sure that infinity is possible.

One time someone posted "If time went back for infinity, our time would never come." I apply this to space and realize that if space went on for infinity, you could move for infinity trying to find it (a particular space) and never come to it, yet it exists. How?

But I guess anything is possible.

[edit on 3-3-2007 by Novise]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grogerian
-The ""theory"" of Infinity-

Ok now imagine we have a box inside of it is an infinite amount of space , We need space to keep this box dont we, this box takes up space wether you like it or not, so our universe of infinity has to be kept in something Right? Which means infinity does not last forever-IMO-but instead does not go beyond it ends. but this is also not possible because you need a space to keep a space so how is this possible? is space being kept in a stable amount of its own space or is it? Wouldnt this cause so much pressure that our universe would collapse?

Anyways comments Sugestions more Questions answers!?

First off, you cannot contain an Infinite amount of space within a Defined amount of space (ie.; a box, per your example); unless, of course you're willing to allow for a definition of "Infinity" which presumes multi-dimensionality.

But.... If we allow for multi-dimensionality, then the space we are refering to...

isn't actually being completely "contained" within our box!

I'm afraid your theory suffers from a rather fatal internal flaw.

Good shot though! Keep expanding that mind.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well, thats what i am saying lol Space has to be confined but you cant confine infinity Anyways i said "Imagine"

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Topics like this give me such a headache. Space is so huge, I can't really wrap my head around how incredibly huge it is.

They say the universe is expanding and all that, expanding into that empty void we call space. I can't help but wonder if space does have an end, and if a whole bunch a galaxies are crashing into it somewhere.

But I guess its possible that space is just space. It always is, and is infinity. They never said 'space' is expanding.. just the universe (which I believe would just be all the galaxies and matter w/in space).

Who knows... but man, trying to wrap my head around how big an infinatly big space is hurts mah brain.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I believe Infinity can exist just our brains cannot really fathom it. But we can come up with theories and formulas which deal with infinity.
Peace,
- Naz

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
if something never ends it never begins so we are not here now we are gone already, so we did start we will end some where else not here ..pretty simple

top topics

join