It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preliminary Results of The 2007 Demographics Survey

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We already have 1,674 responses, and some very interesting results.

Some highlights include:

Visit The AboveTopSecret 2007 Demographics Profile for the full results.

[edit of 4-3-2007 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm one of the 2% that never leave...

I'm so sad....

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Hmm interesting I guess I'm in the minority I quite like political conspiracy's as a topic. Mind you AP and politics is my main ATS interest followed by the War on Terror forum.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Nicely done.

Though I should point out that I'm a sucker for snazzy pie charts and bar graphs.

Spiderj

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Camouflaged Fatigue

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Political conspiracies finishing as the least-favored topic may reflect the general fatigue with political topics in general.

I don't think expressing disinterest in political conspiracies necessarily indicates a lack of interest in political topics in general.

If members were truly tired of politics, political topics wouldn't be popping up in almost every forum (political or not) and politics wouldn't be driving some of the most active forums on ATS the way they do.

Then again, I'm sure my own perceptions of the situation are somewhat biased.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Interesting. I've always had the impression that this crowd was, and is, slightly older than most other websites with similar content. Seemingly better educated, as well.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Interesting. I've always had the impression that this crowd was, and is, slightly older than most other websites with similar content. Seemingly better educated, as well.

Yeah, these data aren't surprising to me at all. It does seem that this board is comprised of mostly of more life-experienced and educated persons than the standard fare even among the ranks of a more mainstream website. To have these demographics in an alternative site is truly something significant IMHO and a credit to all the members, staff, administrators and owners.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
I don't think expressing disinterest in political conspiracies necessarily indicates a lack of interest in political topics in general.

It's possible the question/topic could have been better presented for this survey. I think, in general, many conspiracy-minded people are fatigued with political bickering... however... I think the universe of people who enjoy political bickering is potentially larger than those who enjoy conspiracy topics... they just didn't encounter our survey.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hidden In Plain Sight

I think, in general, many conspiracy-minded people are fatigued with political bickering... however... I think the universe of people who enjoy political bickering is potentially larger than those who enjoy conspiracy topics... they just didn't encounter our survey.

Touché!

Actually, you can add me to the list of people who don't enjoy political bickering. It gets old pretty darn fast.

However, discussion of politics need not be reduced to mere political bickering. Tautologies, propaganda, character assassination and finger-pointing have their place too, you know.

Just teasing, of course. In reality, I see intelligent political discussion as another way to uncover the truth behind the public veneer presented to us each day through the "mainstream" commercial media.

Indeed, it's remarkable how very little of what politicians routinely tell us even makes sense when analyzed logically.

One could almost call it a conspiracy.

[edit on 3/4/2007 by Majic]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I have to say that I am a bit surprised that males make up such a large percentage. I assumed we were in the majority, but at a rate of almost 9:1 was astounding, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I continue to be surprised about the decline in interest in 9/11 conspiracies. This is the third survey we've presented to members that asks such a question, and the decline has been happening for more than two years.

If anything, it shows the overwhelming failure of the so-called "Truth Movement"... and perhaps even shows how their tactics and version of "truth" hurt overall interest in 9/11 conspiracies.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
That might also have something to do with the fact that very little new informantion seems to be outthere...it all seems to be regurgitation of previously released information or disinformation depending upon your point of view on the topic.

If something that was actually new and relevant were to come to light, that might change...MHO.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Apathy is inevitable, and it is disheartening to think that people might be... giving up?

It seems that of all the forums that ATS houses, 9/11 tends to bring out the worst in people. We all seem to have strong emotions from that day, and plenty of threads are quickly derailed by the off-topic rantings of others. This can be extremely frustrating and may be contributing to the lack of "positive attention" the topic seems to be garnering.

Strange indeed. I would bet that 9/11 ranks fairly high in the Google references that bring people to our door. But once faced with the degree of ridicule that seems to be inherited with any stance on 9/11, members may say the hell with it and look to various topics.

I know 9/11 brought me here, but quickly after registering, I realized that I would do much more reading than posting, in regards to this forum.

And as seagull has said, I think a lot of people are just waiting for that "Smoking Gun" to reveal itself.

One can continue to dream.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by chissler]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I continue to be surprised about the decline in interest in 9/11 conspiracies... it shows the overwhelming failure of the so-called "Truth Movement"...

Or perhaps it shows that there was no big 'US Govenrment caused 9/11 - Bush orchestrated 9/11' ( or flight 93 was shot down ... or a missile took out the pentagon, etc) conspiracy afterall and most people have finally figured that out, therefore the subject is just finally dieing a natural death.

Originally posted by chissler
males make up such a large percentage.

I was surprised too. 84% male. YIKES.

4.7% spend nearly all day at ATS ... I guess I'd qualify in that percentage. Although i'm sure many here wish I was in the 'visits once a month' (or less) category!

edited ONCE for spelling

[edit on 3/4/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Survey?
I admit to not coming here all that often *blush*
But, I don't remember seeing any survey to take.

The results that I see are not really all that surprising and if I had the time, I'd be one that replied that I never leave at all

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I am very pleased with results of the survey, more so that ATS can be in the classification of a serious more mature educated group.

That is what makes ATS so attractive to serious conspiracy seekers.

The standards of regulations in this side thins out people out there that are not in a very serious mood to start and hold an attractive topic and discussion.

I am very happy to be a member of this board.

Perhaps the apathy found toward the 9/11 conspiracy is just that people are tired of the results that 9/11 had on our Nation after our politicians cashed out on the scare and war geared approach after that.

People by this time with the series of events after 9/11 either believe that it was an inside job or that it was not.

Unless more new information comes to the light the topic is just going to die.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

yahoo, i am at the 8.5% of my age...
...and imagine i thought that i was all alone here so young.

I was thinking about a survey asking the country...

Δράκος

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I was extremely surprised by the relative popularity of Space and Science topics. It placed 5th most favorite topic and 2nd to last in the least favorite category. Not bad!

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I would like to have seen how the politics broke down here. I mean it's fairly obvious, but I wanted to see just how badly I am outnumbered on this board. I am in the age group minority, and a couple of others. Another thing about A.T.S. that has always surprised me is how few people reveal their true location.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Totally missed this survey...what is the link to the actual survey? (not the preliminary results)

peace

dAlen

[edit on 4-3-2007 by dAlen]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join