It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont you see...we are losing our freedom by the hour...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The whole longer school days is a conspiracy so we will get more soilders for future wars...I'll explain

The Man already knows that more and more students are droping out, and the students realize that if they want to get a job, they need a GED and if they ever dream of college they will have to work for the army/navy because no other company will exept them. Now here's where the conspiracy comes in, the Man is going increase school days, making the day longer and more boring so more and more students will drop out. And when this happens the students will have to work FOR the Man and fight in his wars get killed andthe cycle continues. These exams and SAT's "CAS" don't matter at all for US...they try and trick us so WE WILL fail in order for us to have to work for the military and increase the soiler populus. Beleive it or belive it the Man wants us to fail so we will fight his wars.

warning you,
DJ Dan

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think the longer school day is a conspiracy... to get children to learn something.

I admit, when I first saw this in the news, I felt bad for the kids and thanked my lucky stars that I'm done with the nightmare that was highschool. However, not every school system is the same, and likewise, not every system will change. My school had block scheduling, meaning about four classes to a day in big chunks of time. Other schools still have something like seven class periods at forty five minutes each. Who is going to learn anything in that time? I know I'd just stare at the clock the entire time waiting to get out. If the teachers can actually relax and have time to convey a lesson rather than trying to squeeze in facts for test results, then maybe we would produce a more intelligent population.

As for the generalized tests, I'm going to have to agree that that's complete stupidity. I saw some of this in my education as well... kids aren't taught anything to learn or grow, they're herded through and taught to take tests so maybe the school will have enough funds to stay open and pay for the football team.

All that being said, I'm sure there are a great deal of not-so-commendable ways of getting our youth into the armed forces.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yep I have noticed.

Remember,
Education is only to make good little consumers and producers of us.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Try being 19 in the UK, and seeking a job..

You either need previous experience (but we all gotta start somewhere), luck, or a degree to get a decent paying job.

Life is getting slowly more expensive, relatively speaking, and the conditions required for the same jobs are going up, due to demand from overseas, aswell as the idea that "education standards will continue to rise for the forseeable future".

We never had any freedom to begin with. We lost it when we created centralised power systems, when we let selfish psychopaths reach the top, and finally when we handed over all responsibilty for our general affairs to government.

Schools and institutions are nothing more than brainwashing centres, where certain information is never even taught, and information that is taught, is so distorted it should be classed as propaganda outright.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
OK...where to start on this one.

Longer days DOES NOT equal boring days in school 'Bra.

Longer days do equal the opportunity for better learning, better skilled young adults, more chances to actually make it in the world.

Remember that you as a young man/woman in the workforce are not only competing against the kid down the street for a job, you are competing with someone HALF A WORLD AWAY. Global marketplace.

It's not about setting you up to fail. Only YOU can choose failure. By not working, not studying, not doing what is expected of you.

Don't walk into school and expect the diploma to be handed to you. You must take time to work hard and EARN it.

There is the problem with the thinking that everything is set up too hard and against you. You just don't want to earn what you have to.

Buck up and study hard o' young flower and EARN what you expect to be handed to you!

M.Agenda!

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Midwest Agenda]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Yea I dont feel like spending 4 more years of school in College and I actually have thought of joining the air force because they make it look so cool

So you ARE right

The army/navy/air force are also recruiting at my school

[edit on 8-3-2007 by racerzeke]

new topics

top topics

join