It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is an Alien? your thoughts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What is an Alien?

I’ve pondered this question for quite a while now and I’ve come up with three possibilities.

1.) They are pretty much like us. By that I mean that they have legs and arms, eyes and we would pretty much recognize them as a life form. But what I was really getting at is that they have similar motives for their actions. What motives you might ask? I mean the same things that drive humans from greed and corruption to food, shelter and hope for a better life. You find these types of beings represented in most SF movies or books. Although they may look different they act like us, both the good and bad.

2.) My second thought is that they may look like a life form that we would recognize their motivations would be completely foreign to us. They could be so advanced mentally that we just couldn’t understand the “why” in why they are doing certain things of for that matter if may not be possible to even explain their actions to us. Much like a chimp watching a helicopter land and humans set up a base camp. We may just not be capable of understanding.

3.) The third possibility in my mind is that they are utterly alien and we might not even recognize them as a life form. For example imagine that in the future are exploring space and encounter a planet. Unbeknown to us there is a fungus (mushroom) that lives under the soil of the entire planet. It is one organism and has a consciousness.. Yet we dismiss this planet as not of interest to us because there is nothing on it.

So, what are you thoughts on what an alien life form would be?

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Wildbob77

Good subject.

This is my understanding from my personal experience.

Alien: Any being or thing in a place or referred to from a place that did not physically originate in that place.

Alien Life: What all other life from all other places in the known Universes is to each other.

We call the races of people that visit Earth "aliens" but all races/worlds of people are unique and alien to each other, as different from each other as any of them are from us. We are aliens too. All races also share some characteristics common to all. We all look like people- have a people shape, but some have other, additional shapes as well.

Almost all other races are much further advanced and evolved than we are. We are intelligent now, but not advanced yet. We are relatively new and young, isolated from other life, and making some horrible mistakes threatening the survival of our race and world.

All the races that visit Earth are our neighbors in space, and far in advance of us. They visit each other's worlds, work together, share information, knowledge, abilities and technologies, which helps maintain peace between them and ensure survival of all. For a race to progress from primitive to advanced it needs peace. Peace is not utopia. Peace means solving problems and conflicts for the greatest benefit possible to all involved.

Maintaining peace is like working together to win a relay race. Nobody is perfect, but working together for the same goals moves everybody ahead as safely and unimpeded as possible. Any intelligent race that is not allied with its neighbors is left behind while others excel. A race that cannot even work together with itself yet certainly cannot work with a group of races no matter how "intelligent" they are.

Every world of intelligent life has an organization of its visiting life and ours was recently completed. But not just anybody of a race travels to other worlds. The individual people that travel space are 'the' professionals of their races, who set up in crews to work between our worlds.

Every race has its difficulties initially accepting other life, but we humans on Earth are among the most difficult for the other races to with.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
You would have to defer to the taxonomists on this one.

Classifying life on this planet is an extremely daunting task in itself.

I think that any extraterrestrial life can be considered 'alien' but as discoveries present themselves the terminology will change accordingly.

One more thing: Why do you insist on calling them races? This makes no sense especially when you start a thread regarding classification. If they can't naturally breed with each other then they are distinct species, not races.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Aliens are flesh and blood real beings that were created before humanity who cannot reside in their original home and cannot live on the earth. They live under the earth and are not from outerspace at all.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Alien (biology), a non-native species , is life that exists and originates outside the planet Earth, the only place in the universe currently acknowledged by the people of the world to support life. Its existence is still hypothetical as there is currently little evidence to indicate that other known planets can support life, and there is no evidence of extraterrestrial life that has been widely accepted by the scientific community. Some, however, point to moons of Jupiter or other celestial bodies that might conceivably have some forms of life (bacterial or otherwise). In popular cultures, life forms, especially intelligent life forms, that are of extraterrestrial origin, i.e. not coming from the Earth, are referred to collectively as aliens, or sometimes visitors. Now when we accomplish space travel to other planets with life on them then we humans will be the aliens. The only other aliens I can think of, are the ones coming across the border from Mexico illegally.

[edit on 3/5/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
To me, Alien simply identified as
-Living beings that don't belong to earth.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Interesting...

At first I thought that you were saying in your title...

What is an alien? your thoughts...(as in your thoughts are aliens)

Which is quite interesting in light of something Eckhart Tolle mentioned.
He said that it is like many people are possessed and dont even know it.
People identify with their thoughts...perhaps thoughts are a type of possessing entity...not saying they are evil...but until we control them, the thoughts conrtol us.

good thread for 'thinking'

Peace

dAlen

new topics

top topics

join