It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freudian Slip? You Decide!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Now I know there is alot of back and forth about this.

Was an airplane or a missile that hit the pentagon?

This former 911 commissioner says a missile then promptly says airplane.

And I don't think he was saying this was a missile as in any airborne object with a ballistic trajectory as in a rock is a type of missile as well as an airplane. I think he really slipped up.

Either way, I couldn't find anything recent about this with the search engine so if its old news, just let me know.

Check it!

by a missile-uh-airplane

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
GOOD FIND!

Excellent find! Rummy had the same slip. Yeah, I think you're on to something!

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Perhaps similar to this other famous "slip"

frustratingfraud.blogspot.com... ssion.html

As in the predecessor video "911 In Plane Site," Dylan Avery and Korey Rowe chose to open their improved Loose Change, 2nd Edition with coverage of the missile attack at the Pentagon. They saw this as the strong point, and placed it up front - that is, after twelve minutes of introductory info-montage, credits, and spooky music. The opening segment opens with the following text hovering on a black screen for thirty seconds (ironically, over the sounds from inside a jet plane).

“Here we're talking about plastic knives and using an American Airlines flight filed with our citizens, and the missile to damage this building and similar (inaudible) that damaged the World Trade Center.”
- Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, October 12 2001.

That's a good clue to hit the stop button and here's why:

On October 12 2001 Rumsfeld indeed sat down in the Pentagon with interviewer Lyric Wallwork Winik of Parade magazine to go on the record for the one-month anniversary. Once printed, the interview indeed bore this "slip." To the skeptical and sloppy mind, his mention of an "American Airlines jet" AND a "missile" seems to delineate two separate objects: one presumably American 11 that hit the North Tower in Manhattan, and the other, obviously, the missile that hit the Pentagon. He was apparently a tad senile and simply let on more than he meant to. It wouldn't be the last time.

But... Problems with the audio transcription are evident or else there wouldn't be a "similar (inaudible)" involved. So I zoomed in on the second “and” that created the impression of two separate objects and tried replacing it with the similar sounding “as” and got “using an American Airlines flight filed with our citizens AS the missile to damage this building.” This makes the whole statement make more sense, and is exactly what the government has always said.

Problem solved, and all it takes is imagining that someone with the esteemed name Lyric Wallwork Winik would hear "as" and type "and," apparently unaware of the confusion this would cause and how wide it would spread. In fact, Parade admitted in September 2004 that "a transcription error led to the confusion, but conspiracy theorists latched onto Rumsfeld's supposed admission and spread it over the Internet." Those pesky conspiracy theorists. I google searched the prhrase to see who was responsible for this diffusion and found that the #1 source most people have visited to pick up and pass on this flawed evidence is the DoD website, where the complete uncorrected interview is still prominently posted as of late 2006. In this case at least, the Pentagon itself is primarily responsible for perpetuating this retarded delusion.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
So are e on to something here?

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caustic Logic
So are e on to something here?

You people are really clutching at straws here, why don't you start taking things at face value instead of adding your self-implied connotations.

news.bbc.co.uk...
MISSILES HIT HENRY!!!!1

news.bbc.co.uk...

After a man was charged with throwing a missile at a football match, a police statement said the incident was caught on a CCTV tape. A year passed before the CPS and police established no tape could be found. The case was dropped due to lack of evidence.

DAMN! THAT GUY MUST BE SO STRONG!

news.bbc.co.uk...

The fans were spotted throwing missiles on the pitch during the Pirates' 4-2 defeat at Huish Park.

They must love their spinich if a lot of them are able to throw missiles around!

news.bbc.co.uk...

The Football Association is investigating reports that missiles were thrown at Millwall players during their match against West Ham on Sunday.

This missile throwing must be a huge fad or something?

Need any more news stories? Still ignorant to reality?

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by fullbrain
Still ignorant to reality?

Some people still are.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
ALl of your 'Missile' quotes come from the BBC.
Here in the USA we dont use the word missile unless it is a missile.
WE dont take 'holiday' either, we go on 'vacation'.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
www.baseball-almanac.com...

"Never strike out the first guy. That's always a bad sign. Last time, the first batter hit a missile right at me, and I barely knocked it down, and I pitched a one-hitter. This time, I struck the guy out and I didn't pitch very well." - Mike Mussina

Because it isn't generally used in the context I quoted doesn't mean it's exclusively used as the physical object of a missile. For instance, 'it sounded like a missile' is a simile and an analogy - NOT a literal description.

www.post-gazette.com...

But a root cause, it said, was the inability of government officials to fully imagine and mobilize against hijacked planes used as missiles

It's the same thing, except this time it's used in a clearer state of meaning.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Not to mention that Tim Roemer may have used the word on purpose just to mess with us and perhaps help prop up Rummy's fading missile claims... shows just how paranoid I am.

top topics

join