It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush tours tornado disaster site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Bush tours tornado disaster site

Source Link: news.bbc.co.uk

US President George W Bush has visited the school in Enterprise, Alabama, where eight pupils died in a tornado two days ago.

Mr Bush flew over some of the other states hit by the violent weather and promised help to those who lost relatives and property.

"We can never replace lives and we can't heal hearts except through prayer, and I want the students to know and the families to know that there are a lot of people praying for them."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Remember what I said about Bush trying to fix his bad reputation?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_unraveller

He isn't trying to 'fix' anything. This is what presidents do. They tour disaster areas and free up federal funding and federal loans for victims in those areas.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

He isn't trying to 'fix' anything. This is what presidents do. They tour disaster areas and free up federal funding and federal loans for victims in those areas.

So why is New Orleans and other areas hit by Katrina still destroyed?

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

SouthernBelleB2 has a point... and why is Bush concerned of these things NOW. There were previous disasters, scandals, etc. and he didn't do much. As soon as his mistakes are pointed out (the whole middle-east "mistake")... he decides to focus on something, other than the middle-east.

CLEARLY he wants to make ammends... probably to get more votes (from the congress, these actions might impress them in some manner) to send more troops to the middle-east. Am I wrong?

Edit: spelling

[edit on 4-3-2007 by The_unraveller]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82

He toured the New Orleans and surrounding area .. multiple times.
He declared them disaster areas. Federal funds and federal loans were made available. He has done this has been done with numerous hurricanes and other disasters.

That was his job. He did it.

If there are parts that are still messed up then your beef is with Nagin and the other LOCAL and STATE officials.

There were previous disasters .. he didn't do much.

Wrong. He did exactly what he was supposed to do - see my previous post.

CLEARLY he wants to make ammends

CLEARLY you are trying reaaaaaaaaaaally hard to push that propaganda.

Am I wrong?

Yes. You have given no information or stats to back up your claim. You can have that opinion if you wish, but that's all it is ... your opinion.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
As soon as I read the title of this post, I knew it was going to turn into another Bush-bashing thread.

Bush had 2 choices in this matter.

1. Visit the disaster area, and get bashed.

2. Don't visit the disaster area, and get bashed even more.

Do you Bush-bashers realize that Bush can't run for office anymore?

Is it about legacy? What President has made his legacy from visiting disaster sites?

[edit on 4-3-2007 by RRconservative]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'm no fan of the Bush admin but I don't see how any reasonable person can make a visit to a disaster area political. Not only does New Orleans have nothing to do with the topic the area was known for corruption prior to Hurricane Katrina so Bush cant be to blame in that instance.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82

He toured the New Orleans and surrounding area .. multiple times.
He declared them disaster areas. Federal funds and federal loans were made available. He has done this has been done with numerous hurricanes and other disasters.

That was his job. He did it.

If there are parts that are still messed up then your beef is with Nagin and the other LOCAL and STATE officials.

There were previous disasters .. he didn't do much.

Wrong. He did exactly what he was supposed to do - see my previous post.

CLEARLY he wants to make ammends

CLEARLY you are trying reaaaaaaaaaaally hard to push that propaganda.

Am I wrong?

Yes. You have given no information or stats to back up your claim. You can have that opinion if you wish, but that's all it is ... your opinion.

Wow... looks like you're a bit sensitive on this subject (are you in love with Bush?)... EVERYTHING I say is my opinion here... If there is not proof, then its an opinion.

I just find it quite suspicious... I know its his job... but he is most probably going to focus on the soldiers more (remember it is my opinion). Touring places and declaring it disasters, isn't a lot of help either. As far as I read about the Katrina disaster... He didn't help mych by declaring it a disaster area, the government (look, no Bush comment) should've actually financed in reconstruction, supplies, etc. But he's going to send help to the soldiers that need help, and maybe this time, he'll help out in this disaster.

Don't go around accusing people of being Bush-bashers...It'll give you a bad name. Just like Bush gave himself a bad name, like accusing people of having WMD. I have no problems with Bush, only with what he did and I have my suspicions about him.

I am just pointing out what he is doing... and with it, my opinion/suspicion... and I'm not pushing propaganda. (as I said before) It is my opinion, and I'm just pointing out with what he is doing. Looks like you love Bush. I bet you actually vote/voted for him.

Don't pick on me (I didn't pick on you), because of what I say and accusing me of BS... Because I can do the same.

top topics

join