It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens' arrest in sign protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
news story

The 18-year-olds, Keleigh Marshall and Christina Giammalva, set out the night of Feb. 19 to engage in some mischief by putting stickers on the political signs of Glendora elected leaders. The stickers read, "This sign violates Glendora city ordinance," a reference to Glendora's law prohibiting campaign signs on public property.

Glendora's tiny Police Department responded in force, rolling out four cars and a sergeant — every available unit that Monday night. The strike force ignored the teenagers' allegations that Clifford was the scofflaw and came down hard on the young women.

They were handcuffed by the side of the road and taken to the station in separate cars..............

After reading such a story I myself feel that the 2 were right in doing what they did.
If people can be arrested for putting stickers on signs stating that these signs are illegal according to the law. what else can someone be arrested for.
Putting a stamp up side down?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Intereting. Technically what they did was vandalism. But at the same time, the signs themselves, if the statements are accurate, were vandalism.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It is as you say.

my feeling on it would be let the two go, drop the charges, and have the signs taken down by the ones who put them up.
maybe get the retired cop arrested also "with backup" for having his political signs put up. So he knows how humiliating it feels. He was a cop, he should have known the law before putting them up.

I'm still trying to think of the call for back up.

"help I got two girls putting stickers on signs, and they won't take them down"

"sir we're right on it"

I still think thou that 4 cars are a little to much. I understand its nearest ones usually go but don't they call back in when one goes to the seen?

new topics

join