It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mods Not Gods

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I would like to add, for those that complain about "why do you allow this and not that when it's the same", that there are under 70 staff members. We have had 4800 posts in the last 24 hours. Assuming that 60% of the staff has been online in the last 24 hours and that's VERY generous, 100 posts/staffer, assuming we are not reading the same posts. Pretty unreasonable to assume we can catch everything.

I know, hire more staff. It's not that easy. It takes a certain type of mentality to do this job. If we just hire staff for the sake of having more, it could be catastrophic.

BTW, I recommend reading the OP if you haven't.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I know, hire more staff. It's not that easy.

Well maybe you could contact the NSA... I hear they have this really cool super computer. I am sure if you ask them nicely they would give you time on it. Then it would seem more Godlike

Down side is people might suspect government 'ties' but heck, that happens anyway so its a win win situation

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I've posted notifications of obvious T&C violations on several occasions - each and every time nothing was done (the offending posts remained) and I never received a response (which my automated message told me I would receive).

The impression I got was that the Moderators didn't like to be told about stuff they had missed, and/or they just ignore the notifications - so now I don't bother reporting anything they miss.

Waste of time.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by UM_Gazz

I would have gladly loaned you my trusty broom(besom) but my youngest son broke the handle when he was using it as a light-saber with my 'ex'partner ... I poop you not.

Woody.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
mods not gods?

Why don't we make a church for tax-exemption... the church of ATS...

I mean if the scientologists get away with it why cant we?

.....we'd need a vote on who the 'messiah' would be... then make them dress up as the flying spaghetti monster... or george bush...

Something with good humor.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Remember: mods are not omniscient, omnipotent nor omnipresent.

They're not????
Hmmm...! Thanks for clearing that up!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
yeah but we can get tax exemption.

Think of all the great things ATS could do!

Open up big centers handing out mind boggling pamphlets.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
And what do we do when we do such and yet nothing is done to habitual offender?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

As was stated in the OP, you may not see if something is done:

And on that note, please bear in mind that even when you do submit a complaint, what we decide to do about it may not be obvious. We might take action that's easy to see, like editing a post or issuing a warning, or we might decide to do something that's not easy to see, like sending a U2U or initiating some other response which may not be obvious to other members.

Just always use ATS Complain / Suggestion if you see something that violates Terms & Conditions Of Use.

[edit on January 2nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Reply to post by greeneyedleo

Despite the fact of the case being the member in the case I am thinking of REPEATEDLY and without fail launches into insults against any person who disagrees with them gets reported repeatedly and yet no action is taken.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

You may not know if action is taken or not. For instance if an abusive member is post banned, you wouldn't know.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Well now that my ATS belief system has been shaken to the core, I might have to take some time and contemplate this new development.

So the shrine I have set up in my house really hasn't helped me here?

*sigh* Ohh cruel world.

But all kidding aside, y'all do a great job and for those who think these people do nothing or do more than they humanly can, let's remember they do this for free and contribute their time to make this place wonderful.

Appreciate the hands that feed you

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Reply to post by intrepid

Um wouldn't them stopping posting a rather strong indicator?
And wouldn't the person in question be banned being as this person continually does so?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

We try to work with our problem members before having to cut them loose. Some get it and are allowed to post again. Some don't and are perma banned. Contrary to what some believe the staff works damn hard to help ALL get the ATS way. Sadly it doesn't work with all.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Sometimes we have the ungodly mods closing threads that needn't be closed. I recall recently one that was perhaps misplaced, but was hastily closed when said mod misread the thread's name (without reading the content, which was an innocent parody of another thread).

Don't worry. No one thinks you guys are godlike. We see your faux pas all the time, just as often as you see ours.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

By all means then...either appeal to the Mod who closed it, or use the complaint feature for review by other Mods. If we agree, no problem to move back, re-open, etc. the thread.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join