It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's chance of survival

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Delta as stated before its about numbers and secondly a rag tag force is fighing a superpower and they have not been nuked have they.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Thats funny magicmushroom, you try to make comparison to U.S. military might involvement against insurgents that is bogging them down. But the question is then what would happen if Israel resorted to doing exactly like insurgents do and not depend on conventional means?

I can never imagine Israel at war for long periods of time as well. They only have a population of about 6million people. Imagine Israel in a war like Iraq/Iran war which lasted for several years. When Arab countries wanted to fight their enemies they would go at it for long periods of time. Just look at the Lebanese Civil war that lasted for over a decade almost 2. The 2006 war with lebanon had their entire nothern population on lockdown and they suffered economically. This is why they have usually been the agressors and attacked on the other countries soil. If they were to sustain long attacks on their soil they would be in sad shape without intervention.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
I can never imagine Israel at war for long periods of time as well. They only have a population of about 6million people. Imagine Israel in a war like Iraq/Iran war which lasted for several years. When Arab countries wanted to fight their enemies they would go at it for long periods of time. Just look at the Lebanese Civil war that lasted for over a decade almost 2. The 2006 war with lebanon had their entire nothern population on lockdown and they suffered economically. This is why they have usually been the agressors and attacked on the other countries soil. If they were to sustain long attacks on their soil they would be in sad shape without intervention.

Well if you think about it, Israel has never had to fight a war for very long. They usually destroy whomever is attacking or they are fighting in a very short time. Look at the 67 war(six day war), Israel saw the buildup of forces on their borders, destroyed enemy air forces before they got off the ground, and brutalized them in the ground war thereafter. 73, different story, they were surprised by and attack on Yom Kippur, almost defeated, resupplied by the US and went on the offensive and destroyed their enemies in a very short time. What you dont realize is that Isreals population, while only 6 million, every adult is a soldier, all serve or served in the military, and can be called up as reservists. They have manpower to fight a long war. For them the more relevant question is supplies in my opinion. You cant question their resolve though, thats for sure.

[edit on 4/30/2007 by ludaChris]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
There will be skirmishes, but the big battle wont happen for some time.

Eventually, when America pulls out of Iraq, and Iraq is Shia dominated in the Government, Iran will be able to send hordes of forces through Iraq into Syria and then into Israel.

Theres a biblical prophecy talking about the hordes of the east, 100 million, or 500 million, or something horsemen, coming from "the east" over the Tigris and Euphrates, when they've been "dried up".

These forces are supposed to go straight for Israel, ushering in the Armageddon Battle if i recall correctly. I could easily see this happening in as little as 8-12 years. But it may not happen for up to 20 years..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join