It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army scandal intervened by Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Army scandal intervened by Bush

Source Link: news.bbc.co.uk

President Bush has intervened in a scandal over the way wounded American soldiers were treated after they returned home from Iraq or Afghanistan.

The Washington Post said last week that some of the soldiers lived in buildings infested with rodents and cockroaches.

"These servicemen and women deserve the thanks of our country, and they deserve the best care our nation can provide," he will say, according to the text.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Well I have heard this saying many times - The United States is a great place to live, until something goes wrong. This is just another piece of proof.

And to think that they want to increase the size of the military - they are going to need the draft or wait for the economy to crash (poverty draft) in order to get the numbers. As more stories come to light, I think they are going to find it increasingly difficult to find warm bodies to continue engaging in the M.I.C.'s agenda of perpetual conflict.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Political posturing by Bush once again. This was about to blow up after the story went mainstram so he's got to make it look like he gives a damn about it.
But wait, isn't he the one who has been cutting VA funding the last few years?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but the truth is this Army scandal is a direct result of President Bush's policies, and his intervention is functionally meaningless at this point.

This "intervention" is nothing more than political posturing as a means of damage control.

I would hope that these facts are as glaringly obvious to everyone else in the world, and especially to the citizens of the United States of America, as they are to me.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Maybe he wants to soften his bad reputation. Sending soldiers into a pointless war, and when something bad happens (other than the war), then he wants to step in and look like some sort of a "hero".

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Exactly.

Except he is no hero. Please refer to the second sentence of my post above.

This "intervention" is nothing more than political posturing as a means of damage control.

This "intervention" is nothing more than shameless propaganda, probably orchestrated by the sultan of spin, the maestro of misdirection, the prince of propaganda, Karl Rove himself.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I wonder what is he going to do next.

He already visited the tornado disaster areas. He "intervened" this army scandal... Is he going to bring the troops back
(which I doubt)?

new topics

top topics

join