It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geneticists show that The Irish are A Race Apart

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Many people have asked me, "Southpaw, why would it matter if you are of Irish, Celtic, or Native American descent, anyway?

The link is no longer good on this. I couldn't find another "stash" of this story online... So here it is... Not "everything". Not the "smokin' gun". Just some MORE information to help you understand what I'm talkin' about.... *evilgrin*

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: Derrel W Sims
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 10:10:32 PM
Subject: AMERINDIAN/IRISH/KELTIC CONNECTION HINTED AT IN ABDUCTION WORK: Geneticists Show That Irish Are A Race Apart

Geneticists Show That Irish Are A Race Apart
By Patricia Reaney

(this was the link. gone now.)
uk.news.yahoo.com...

3-24-00
----------------------------------
LONDON (Reuters) - Irish geneticists have used surnames and the male Y chromosome to reconstruct a one thousand year-old genetic map of Ireland that shows the Irish really are a race apart.

"When you look at this old genetic geography of Ireland what you find is that in the West (of the country) we are almost exclusively of one type of Y chromosome," Daniel Bradley told Reuters.

The Y chromosome is passed down exclusively from father to son. It is a favourite of geneticists because it accentuates differences between populations.

"It is inherited as a unit so the information you get from it is of a special type," Bradley said in a telephone interview.

Bradley and his colleagues at Trinity College in Dublin examined the Y chromosomes of men with Gaelic surnames in the western-most province of Connaught , and found that 98.3 percent had a group of genes on the Y chromosome known as haplogroup 1.

"When you look at Gaelic surnames they are different in frequency of Y chromosome types from non- Gaelic surnames," Bradley said.

In a report in the science journal Nature, he and his colleagues said that even within Ireland they found differences.

More than 98 percent of men with Gaelic names in western Ireland had haplogroup 1 but numbers dropped drastically on the east of the Emerald Isle.

Much further east in Turkey only 1.8 percent of men carry haplogroup 1.

"Ireland may tell us something about European diversity because it is on the edge of Europe . Genetic diversity follows geography to some extent," Bradley said.

The researchers said there is a gradient of haplogroup 1 across Europe starting at almost zero in the Far East to almost 100 percent in the west of Ireland .

One of the most likely explanations for this is that farming, which was invented about 10,000 years ago in the near East and caused a fundamental revolution in the way humans lived, spread over across Europe with time but only arrived in western Ireland about 6,000 years ago.

"Ireland has been relatively untouched by this and the other great demographic movements because of its location. That gives us the ability to look at the west and surnames and to get a snapshot of what early European genetics may have been like," Bradley said.
[edit on 3/303/07 by Southpaw11]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
From an email sent to the "masses" by Derrel Sims/Saber Enterprises. The original post was the first half of this email:

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: Derrel W Sims
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 10:10:32 PM
Subject: AMERINDIAN/IRISH/KELTIC CONNECTION HINTED AT IN ABDUCTION WORK: Geneticists Show That Irish Are A Race Apart

SABER RESEARCH CONCERNING THE BASICS IN CHEROKEE/IRISH CONNECTIONS:

THIS REPORT IS COMPILED BY ONE OF OUR INVESTIGATORS IN EL PASO , AND FORWARDED TO ME IN HOUSTON.

Ok, as of 3/25/00 from the U.S. Census Bureau, Statistical Abstract of the United States : 2000 No. 50. Population by Selected Ancestry Group and Region, 1990. (note: 1,119 represents 1,119,000) Covers persons who reported single and multiple ancestry groups. People who reported a multiple ancestry group may be included in more than one category. (also note that the 1990 info is being used in the 2000 report because evidently the 2000 info has not been included yet)

Keep in mind that only 1.5% of the total US population today is full blood or near full blood Native American, which includes all tribes together. The mixed bloods and full bloods TOGETHER are below...... I will also include a few of some other numbers on other ancestry groups to give you an idea of what these numbers can compare to.

British 1,119

English 32,652

French 10,321

German 57,947

Irish 38,736

Italian 14,665

Scotch-Irish 5,618

Scottish 5,394

Mexican 11,587

Chinese 1,505

Japanese 1,005

Afro-American 23,777

American Indian 8,708

American 12,396 (not sure what "American" means or what that includes)

Remember that some of these groups cross over... and also that the 2000 Census reports that the U.S. total population is:

But since the numbers we are using above come from the US 1990 Census Report then we must use the 1990 total population number to keep the ratios in proper perspective.

The 1990 TOTAL POPULATION was 248,790,925

With the amount of Irish immigrants to the US being in the millions between 1820 and the present - and most having immigrated during the great potato famine in the mid 1800's - we have (by the table above) 38,736,000 people claiming that heritage.

With American Indians also numbering 8,708,000 (that being TOTAL with full and mixed blood) we have a total of 3,5% of the population in the U.S. having Native American decent.

1.5% of that are full blood which equals about 4 million total.

2% of the population are mixed bloods which equals to about 5 million people in the US total.

But... we have no way of knowing how many of those mixed bloods are mixed with German, or Irish, or Afro-American, or Chinese, etc. etc.... so even a SMALLER amount of this 5 million is mixed with only or partially Irish... but just to crunch some numbers, based on the amount of folks that have Irish in them...

We can estimate this:

Irish

Scotch-Irish

TOTAL

This amounts to 18% of the population having Irish or Scotch-Irish in them.

Now here's the kicker...

Because 2% of the population is mixed-blood Native American and 18% of the population is mixed-blood Irish then ONLY as much as 2% of the population can also be Irish AND Native American BOTH!

So no more than 5,000,000 American's can be Irish/Native American mixes.

Since there is a GREAT likelyhood of a certain percent of this 2% being mixes with other racial backgrounds than JUST Irish, then the number goes down dramatically. Even at best, if a mere 1% of the population is Irish/Native American then the number is still a mere 2.5 million people, back in 1990. This number today in 2000 would be closer to 2.8 million people.

With only a chance of 1% of the population being a combination of Irish AND Native American descent, then the fact that 45% of abductees are an Irish/Celtic/Native American mix is INCREDIBLE!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Can i ask....

what is the conection of this with the UFO/Alien subject?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orion437
Can i ask....

what is the conection of this with the UFO/Alien subject?

GREAT QUESTION!

This is significant b/c humanity has done precisely what was anticipated: when the "pretty lights" show up, they sit and stare and focus on that occurrance, and not any of the "activity" from that point until about 0400h (local zone/zone of event) the next morning.

THAT is where the focus of the attention need be. From threads like FrozenThought's with the sighting. See... I can tell you that poor guy has been traumatized. I can deduce he has no/little faith in God right now, b/c of how easily they are able to apply "screensavers" over that particular victim.

I can also tell you he, just like all of you, IS A GOD. I can also tell you that it is simply NO coincidence that Michael (FrozenThought) is also such an amazing and accomplished musician. THAT is connected to the so called Alien/UFO Phenomena as well... but for me to really take the time to explain that HERE would be truely fruitless, would it not? The doubt is overwhelming already MERELY B/C I MENTIONED THE NAME "GOD".

Likewise, MANY will tend to associate me with the dude from "Honey I shrunk the kids"... was in "Parenthood" too... and was the "gatekeeper" in Ghostbusters... I fell terribly... I ALWAYS forget that poor guy's name, and I think he's simply one of the funniest actors I have ever seen... go figure! LOL! You know "crazy" LUNATIC TYPE>

This analysis is ALL based upon science. The fact that SCIENCE led back to CHRIST is NOT my fault, but it saved me. It's not Derrel's fault, and it sure as hell is not the fault of all the victims that have been ABUSED by these little Blue-Gray Stinkmonkies!

So, that leaves all of US stuck in the middle... wondering which way is UP and calling each other "liar liar"... bearing false witness against each other as a mere byproduct of the "deception", yet a SIN that every single one of us wil have to confront (myself included) at a later time... nice.

Southpaw

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

With only a chance of 1% of the population being a combination of Irish AND Native American descent, then the fact that 45% of abductees are an Irish/Celtic/Native American mix is INCREDIBLE!!!

Yeah, incredible. Especially since there's not a single proven alien abduction...

Are you selling something?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Yeah, incredible. Especially since there's not a single proven alien abduction...

Are you selling something?

Guys...

I am so not even the least bit distressed, upset, surprised, nor angered by this type of response. You are going off of the information you have available to you.

I have an interesting perspective. I've been privy to some things that I can share... but I am NOT the investigator. THAT is Mr. Sims. I KNOW I am not going to come here and report ANYTHING other than that which is "solid" in the "big picture".

What does that mean precisely? Well, it's NOT the concrete answer you are after. It took me a VERY long time to digest the fact that I'm not gonna get it. The whole story is NEVER going to be available to me. The entire "project" is so vast... so wide... so deep... so dark... so disgusting... I really don't think there will EVER be a single human being that could possibly "know" the "whole truth, and nothing but the truth" unless they were to add "Faith'.

And THAT is what is going to KILL the investigation for literally MILLIONS. They are going to choose to IGNORE what is being understood, rather than CHOOSE to keep an open mind, knowing FULLY WELL that "reality is oftentimes MUCH more scary than fiction could EVER be..."

I say, leave THAT debate for LATER when everybody will HAVE TO listen... LOL... and even THAT will seem preposterous to many. *sigh* I really hope you all know I am really not trying to say so much as one thing that questions your faith, asks you to "take Christ", go to church, whatever.

I just KNOW a little bit about what's going on. I have my own personal experiences, and in the secular world, I have the "coincidence" of having had the opportunity to actually get to know investigators such as Derrel Sims who have NOT lept for the limelight... He is one of those who saw something so damned scary... something so massive... so intricate... so devious... that he KNEW BETTER than to start running his mouth.

I think that fact ALONE should merit a GREAT DEAL of respect from the ranks of THIS hardcore truthseeker organization, no? He's also A SKEPTIC. In fact, I would venture so far as to say that he could probably debunk just about ANYTHING and WOULD. He wants TRUTH, and doesn't have time for CRAP. It's the SAME philosophy I admire so much HERE among you all.

We gotta stay FOCUSED and NOT be distracted by something as ridculous as SOMEONE ELSE'S FAITH. THAT is for THEM and THEM ALONE. Just as is YOURS and MINE.

SCIENCE. FACT. THAT is what we need to stay focused on. We may not LIKE the 'facts". We may not "agree" with the facts. But that does not change what "is", no matter what the "what" is either, right? LOL

Now THAT oughta git me a lashing and some bigasssssss rocks hucked in my direction too, no? LOL!

As far as "proven abduction"... why don't you go tell that to the family that Derrel worked with in Illinois. They had twin boys. One night the entire family had an event. The boys are dead now.

There are women that report an event. Then realize something is wrong. Then ... that something is REALLY WRONG! THESE women were PREGNANT the night before... the next morning... no misscarriage... just a rash of messed up memories about grays and how they're gonna save the world... AND HER BABY SIMPLY GONE FROM HER WOMB!!!

Now... SERIOUSLY. SAVE THE BS DISSENT. If you REALLY wanna show your "smarts". YOU call Sims and CONFIRM IT. I don't WANT to talk about it anymore.

TWO OF THE CUTEST LITTLE BOYS YOU HAVE EVER SEEN. DEAD.

I guess we won't get to ask them a bazillion questions. For THEM the deception is OVER. Get it yet?

Go do your homework, and then come back and tell me WHY you think the "proof" is "fake". I will disagree at that time as well, but will listen to you... you are only trying to learn. NO ONE should be punished for that.

AND... above ALL ELSE... remember to keep your sense of humor through ALL this... if we lose THAT... we WILL lose our minds. period.

BeExcellentToEachOther...
Southpaw

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Ah, I see that you are selling something after all.

Why is it that we should believe anything you have to say, when it always seems to be an infomercial for Derrel Sims? Hmm?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Southpaw

It looks like you are here to market Darrel Sims. Very little of what you do here appears to be investigative work although you imply it is. You feel the need to dump the same large chunk of abduction and D. Simms spam into these threads. It's a fun game for you, we get it.

You keep stating things like "This analysis is ALL based upon science.". There is none from you, just "Simms, Simms, Simms".

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Southpaw clearly has decided his theory in the beginning and then looked for supposed evidence afterwards. Its how they all do it. Please read and analyse for yourselves before taking such information as anything.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Your first post only indicates that the Irish were/are an isolated genetic group, not a separate Race. Calling them a separate race is scientifically false.

I also question your data that states that it is a fact that 45% of abductees are a genetic mixture of Irish, Scottish and Native American. Perhaps you could provide source material that proves this fact.

Since you wisely determined to approach this subject with science in mind, it would be a good idea to back it up with verifiable data.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Ah, I see that you are selling something after all.

Why is it that we should believe anything you have to say, when it always seems to be an infomercial for Derrel Sims? Hmm?

Again.

All due respect. I realize you have questions. MILLIONS of them if you're anything like ME and MILLIONS of others. You don't need to believe me. Go find out for yourself. The only thing I'm trying to sell is INITIATIVE, my friend.

Seriously. Not being judgemental. Not being accusatory. Not being "negative, dude". LOL! Just saying, YOU need to find it for yourself. It's not going to matter what ANYONE tells you. YOU have to believe the truth YOURSELF. THAT implies you have to SEARCH.

"As ye seek, so shall ye find..."

Now, there is so much TRUTH in THAT statement, that the SOURCE of the "adage" is really irrelevent, would you not agree?

You asked questions. I gave you answers. I even FOREWARNED YOU that you WOULD NOT LIKE THE ANSWERS. And instead of HELPING YOURSELF, all you could do is come back here and accuse me of something.

See what I mean bro? I'm not mad. I don't get offended. Jealousy is a WASTE of good HALO time, and we have ALL got WAY too much to lose to fight each other any more. We have to start looking at things differently.

Harmony...

Unity...

Cohesion...

ONE.

I know this seems unrelated, but I have to add this, so we might reach a resolution here. We live in a world based on war. Security companies are popping up like Starbucks' locations. WAR is "big business".

Which of you has taken the time to find out just how much it costs to RUN that war... to FEED IT... to KEEP IT ALIVE... for a mere SIX MONTHS?

Which of you is passionate about saving the PLANET? About the vindication of the Rainforests in the Amazon from the sentence of DEATH dealt upon it by HUMANITY?

Have you ever wondered just how much "money" it would take to FIX the rainforest? Have you ever stopped to realize that there IS a solution?

Do you not realize the amazon IS the "lungs" of the planet where your greatgrandchildren were to live, breath, learn, and love?

Look what, we, the Guardians of this Planet, have perpetrated against Her...

SIX MONTHS UNITED STATES OPERATIONS MONEY IN IRAQ WOULD COMPLETELY FIX THE RAINFOREST. PERMEMANTLY. DONE.

Yet...

We just sent two more carrier battle groups to the gulf. More ARMORLESS hummers... gee... why do you think OUR Government would send over VEHICLES that, if you ride in them, you are pretty much guaranteed a 1 in 5 shot of DEATH that day. NOT KEWL.

To be all "dramatic" and whatnot...

This is no infomercial. It is a war. It has been ongoing for more than 2000 years. YOU don't realiize this b/c YOUR adversary implements technology that allows them to ALTER YOUR MEMORY. HMMMMM....

We'll just leave the explanation at that. If you want to "know" more... you will find the truth. I'll give you whatever I've got.

Another researcher is Joe Moldano. HE knows what's up too. I've only heard him speak ONCE, so I cannot vouch for the balance of his research, but it certainly sounds as though he's got a handle on the "foundation"... in a very similar manner to that of Derrel Sims.

Was I selling something for Linda Moulton Howe the other day when I commended her research, her process, etc... RIGHT HERE on ATS?

See what I mean, bro? I am NOT your enemy.

YOU
ME
SAME TEAM.

Kewl?

and yeah, brother, I know that means you'd be on the team of a "whacko" like me

bwaahaahaahaaaa!

BeExcellentToEachOther
Southpaw

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Ok, I read all that and I'm still a bit confused... Let me clarify what I think you mean, and you can tell me if I'm right. (Or explain which parts I'm wrong about.)

Way back in the day, the Irish were a completely different race from the rest of the white Europeans, but not so much anymore due to mixing of the races. People of Irish or Native American descent are more likely to be abducted, but since people of Irish and Native American descent only account for 1% of the US population it's mostly those with Irish blood that get abducted.

Now here's where you you lost me (I think), the Irish are gods? Anyone who's read some Irish/Celtic mythology knows that there's a belief some descended from the Tuatha Dé Danann (from their marriages and being lovers with mortals) so my question is: Is that what you are talking about? Those with the different Y chromosome are the descendant of the Tuatha Dé Danann and are thus gods? Or did you mean something else entirely? I want to make sure I understand exactly what you are saying.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Ok, I read all that and I'm still a bit confused... Let me clarify what I think you mean, and you can tell me if I'm right. (Or explain which parts I'm wrong about.)

Way back in the day, the Irish were a completely different race from the rest of the white Europeans, but not so much anymore due to mixing of the races. People of Irish or Native American descent are more likely to be abducted, but since people of Irish and Native American descent only account for 1% of the US population it's mostly those with Irish blood that get abducted.

Now here's where you you lost me (I think), the Irish are gods? Anyone who's read some Irish/Celtic mythology knows that there's a belief some descended from the Tuatha Dé Danann (from their marriages and being lovers with mortals) so my question is: Is that what you are talking about? Those with the different Y chromosome are the descendant of the Tuatha Dé Danann and are thus gods? Or did you mean something else entirely? I want to make sure I understand exactly what you are saying.

My best advice is that we chat via U2U. It sounds like your knowledge might be instrumental in shining a light of understanding over here... LOL! I'm not certain of all of it.

I do know the intent of the "...ye be gods" statement is applicable to all humanity.

I'd like to discuss this more with you privately, perhaps bringing forward an additional sum of ORGANIZED information, so as to save time, effort, and space HERE?

What of the "druids"? What is your knowledge there? I am VERY curious about them... I have a "hunch" that I wanna at Sims... but there are "holes" in the theory. DRUIDS. hmmmmm....

Southpaw

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Mary Mother Of Jesus...A race apart are we?

As me old da used to say, "You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead"

Well, Tap A The Marnin Ta Ya All!!!

(And could you see ya way to lendin me good self a bob or two till Friday? Me paycheck was fair eaten through by the dag at the bar when Oi left if unda me Guinness but Oi could have it back by Friday)

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well, I'm horribly confused. Are you saying that aliens abducted humans, interbred with them to cover the earth with their (alien) DNA and now they're killing their offspring (Illinois twins)? What is the point of that? Please clarify your position.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
IF the alien dudes are so keen on abducting Irish folk - why don't we hear more about people being abducted in Ireland? Why go to America if you want Irish folk, why not go straight to the source?

Also, a large number of Irish people fleeing the famine came here, to England, and to Scotland - to the industrial cities to find work. Many folks here in my hometown, including myself, have Irish ancestry from back then. Yet few reported abductions. Howcome?

DCP

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
How about this one: Native Americans and the Irish have HIGH % of alcoholism...could that explain weird things that happen to them. Especially the Irish....if i was out all night drinking with the boys i think i would tell my Irish wife(if i had one....i wish...love the red hair and the accent) that i was abducted by UFOs instead of feeling her anger at me drinking and gambling all night.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCP
How about this one: Native Americans and the Irish have HIGH % of alcoholism...could that explain weird things that happen to them. Especially the Irish....if i was out all night drinking with the boys i think i would tell my Irish wife(if i had one....i wish...love the red hair and the accent) that i was abducted by UFOs instead of feeling her anger at me drinking and gambling all night.

Plus we also have a high percentage of people with mental problems

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think the OP jumped off the deep end.... A connection with the "irish" race and aliens? WTF honestly?

There is no "irish" race, there is a CELTIC (pronounced with a K at the begining for the anoying people use a soft C - drives me nuts - ) The Celtic race has nearly died out however, mixed with various other European races, mostly Norman and Anglo Saxon.

However, you are right to say that 40 million Americans + some more have ties to Ireland, but that would include people like me who have Irish blood in them, though mainly English I can classify my self as both.

The reason why you see this Y chromosome more in the west is because that is the population left before the great migrations back to Ireland over the past decade or so. How do you get issolated genetic patterns that form what one may consider "a race"? Inbreeding mostly. Not to sound crude for those immature, inbreeding has occured in every nation, it is actually natural, it is when a very small population breeds among eachother, not sister and brother, not even cousin and cousin, it can be 5th cousin and 8th cousin, it doesn't matter so long as you can trace ancestory back to the same point carrying a good deal of the same genetic material. Ireland is an island, not easily acecssable, not many people every really wanted to take it over and migrate there besides Normans, Vikings and the English. The Irish have been around at least 6,000 years, and most likely well before that, They have a race of their own for sure, no different then Scandinavians or Germans who look much different then Italians and Greeks. Way back when, people where issolated and lives in much smaller communities = smaller gene pools.

Now, in the modern era, Celtic race which harbors the Y chromosome that you speak of, is dilluted with many other European races, mostly Anglo Saxon of course, but you will still see the old genetics of the past within someone many generations no longer "pure" - mating with an Anglo Saxon does not destroy genes? .. Aside from that increasing the gene pool is typically a very very good thing to do, Anglo's are the same race as the Celts where just slightly different genetically, but mixing them is more healthy then not mixing. The culture survived this, which is the most important thing. Celtic culture has nothing what so ever to do with race, it depends on the person, have you ever been to a Celtic Festival? I go every year, it has nothing to do with race, but culture and that is what makes up Ireland.

Aliens?

WHAT?
*shakes head and rolls eyes*

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Very interesting info indeed. Some believe that Irelands population sprouted up from an evacuation of Atlantis. Or the island itself could be a part of the whole. Either, Or, the spread of peoples from one source to many area's of the earth may have happend. Its possible they may be more advanced in some way. Drinking or alcoholism could run higher in these groups because they have issues dealing with these abilities. Sensitives often have to drown out the "White Noise" to escape the extra level of information they recieve. I have a feeling that all the special people around the world have a part to play with future events. I dont think that they primarily fall to a special few. Lets hope not!

No matter how many Beings have been coming back to earth to help. A great shift is now in the process and UFO sightings as well as E.T. contact will always be heightened with people of higher consiousness.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join