It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Weapons and Ammo Cache Found in California Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Huge Weapons and Ammo Cache Found in California Home

Source Link: news.aol.com

Ammo, Weapons, Tunnel Found in Home
By GILLIAN FLACCUS
AP
NORCO, Calif. (March 1) - More than 1 million rounds of ammunition, a cache of weapons and a tunnel were found at a man's home after an explosive fire that forced a neighborhood evacuation, authorities said Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
The story says he had two weapons which were not legal, and a large amount of black powder. Over a million rounds seems to be way to much for one person to me. The idea that I got from the article makes this sound like to me that this man is just a powder head. Might be interesting to find out what the psych evaluations says if it is published.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I dont know where this guy got all of this stuff, btu the weapons he had are only illegal in california and the black powder is perfectly legal.

I think this is just the media trying to push the assault weapons ban through congress which is getting alot of opposition. Where did this tunnel go? to mexico?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Over a million rounds seems to be way to much for one person to me.

Yeah, no kidding..
It's probably more ammo than they've used in Iraq.

It makes me wonder if this will turn out to be a cache for a group or a gang..

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Last April, authorities said they found more than 1,300 weapons and 89,000 rounds of ammunition in the San Bernardino County home of a man who claimed to belong to a militant group with aims to overthrow Cuban dictator Fidel Castro. Robert Ferro of Upland faces counts of unlawfully owning and failing to register guns.

I would definitely like to see an update to this story.

I find it humorous that they automatically are trying to tie this man's stockpile to a story from last year of which someone said they were part of a militant group to overthrow Fidel Castro.

As far as I know, without searching CA laws, I don't think the black powder was out of line. Hell, owning a million rounds and however many guns isn't out of line. That's his right. If he's got the money to purchase all the mentioned arms, then so be it. If I had the finances to purchase it, I sure would. But that's just me.

I could understand the concern about the explosions from the fire... maybe there could be some means provided for "the people" to safely store that much ammo, if in fact they want to have that much. But then again, that would get into a tricky discussion.

top topics

join