It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howard Dean Demands GOP Candidates Denounce Ann Coulter for Referring to John Edwards as a...(Explic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Democratic Party boss Howard Dean demanded that Republican presidential candidates denounce conservative columnist Ann Coulter after she referred to Democratic presidential hopeful John Edwards as a ‘faggot’ during a speech Friday at a national conservative gathering. Coulter, who was addressing the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, D.C., said:

"I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word 'faggot,' so I - so kind of an impasse, can't really talk about Edwards."
Howard Dean Demands GOP Candidates Denounce Ann Coulter for Referring to John Edwards as a...

While I disapprove of Ann's comments in regard to Edwards, I see yet another glaring example of hypocrisy from the left. Liberals have been unrelentling in their demonizing of George W. Bush since he took office in early 2001. Everything they can think of from calling the president stupid and accusing him of being behind the 911 attacks to comparing him to Hitler has been fair game in their eyes. They have defended their so called "dissent" by staking claim to their first amendment right to freedom of speech. Yet, when a conservative exercises her first amendment right to criticize a public official she is pounced on by the DNC leader. If Dean wants to claim a higher degree of moral authority and be taken seriously, he should start by denouncing the very same type of hateful rhetoric that is constantly being spewed by the Democratic Party’s supporters. I suspect he has no interest in such matters. However, Ann Coulter should sit down and keep her mouth shut. She is making my cause (the conservative cause) look bad with her idiocy.

[edit on 3-3-2007 by MooneyBravo]

df1

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Dean's remarks are nothing but politics, both parties do it. As far as I'm concerned this Republican groupie, Coulter, is just providing an another service to her guys in addition to the other services she has been providing. In reality she is probably equally as upset with those "Log Cabin Republicans", they are probably bad for her business too. The scandal with Foley and pages probably has made this a particularly sensitive issue to Ann.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Are the Democratic candidates going to disavow folks like Striesand, the Dixiechicks, et al?

The sheer hypocricy of that demand by Dean should be obvious to all but the most leftwing supporters, or people who don't like Ann Coulter.

Mr. Dean needs to make sure his own house is clean before demanding the same of others.

df1

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Are the Democratic candidates going to disavow folks like Striesand, the Dixiechicks, et al?

What a crock. The dumb butts that occupy the white house have called anyone that does not agree with them terrorists and this is just more of that same name calling from their blond bimbo. Whenever someone calls the Republican on their BS all I hear is wimpy sniveling like yours saying "they did it too" all the while feigning that the Republicans are the victims.

Coulter is a political whore that publishes partisan political trash daily for profit, whereas the remarks by Striesand and Dixiechicks cost them a lot of money, but they continue to slam the white house on moral grounds. The RNC should raffle off a night with Ann Coulter to raise campaign contribution.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
*whimper*....

You really didn't notice that I was agreeing with you, did you? So it cost the Dixie chicks money? So? When you insult your audience, country music fans; what did they expect? Don't go crying to Baabaa waawaa on national TV, you make the bed, you lie in it.

Of course its politics, and yes both sides do it. So why get hostile with me?

*whimper*

Oh, forgot to mention...

If you bothered to read her stuff, you'd know she has almost as many problems with the buttheads in the white house as you seem to.

[edit on 3-3-2007 by seagull]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
John Edwards Trial Lawyer
John Edwards - Another Trial Lawyer Raising Your Health Care Costs
FACT: 76 percent of American obstetricians have been sued at least once.
By By ADAM LIPTAK and MICHAEL MOSS - NY TIMES (01/31/2004)

In 1985, a 31-year-old North Carolina lawyer named John Edwards stood before a jury and channeled the words of an unborn baby girl.

john-kerry.tonyspencer.com...

This guy has cost all of us jobs, money and he has made it hard to get a good doctor. Want to know why health care is so much. Because of guys like John Edwards and scum bag insurence companies that probly split the take with him.
More
www.americanthinker.com...
www.washingtontimes.com...

So who cares what some dimwit calls him. The fact is this guy is scum.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Ann Coulter is an edgy fringe right-wing commentator. She is not a spokeswoman (nor spokesman for those who question her sex) for the Republican Party. No Republican has to apologize for her comments any more than a mainstream Democrat would have to apologize for the atrocious behavior of Cindy Sheehan or other left-wing nuts.

At least I think Ann has intentionally positioned herself to be an extremely controversial, if not comical, figure. I'm afraid on the left some of your wackos actually believe what they spew!

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
She may be no different then most left wing kooks but she does'nt hols a candle to Ward Churchill who called the 09-11-2001 victims little 'little Eichmanns.
Here is a link to his web site.
www.zmag.org...

[edit on 4-3-2007 by fiveangelsfrank]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Ann Coulter to me, is much like Bill O'Reilly, for entertainment purposes only. I mean c'mon both use their sometimes wacky views to gain attention/ratings. They're good at what they do. As far as her comment about Edwards, thats her opinion, though she should probably keep that to herself. Opened up a can of worms with that one. But its Ann Coulter at her best, pissing people off and making money or gaining attention doing it. Makes me laugh that it keeps working.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
Ann Coulter to me, is much like Bill O'Reilly, for entertainment purposes only. I mean c'mon both use their sometimes wacky views to gain attention/ratings. They're good at what they do. As far as her comment about Edwards, thats her opinion, though she should probably keep that to herself. Opened up a can of worms with that one. But its Ann Coulter at her best, pissing people off and making money or gaining attention doing it. Makes me laugh that it keeps working.

While you throw Bill O'Reilly into the conversation make sure you also mention the even wackier left wing extremists such as Keith Olbermann and Dan Rather. Olbermann can't seem to get through one night without bashing Bill. It's either a mental illness or he has a secret homosexual attraction for him.

BTW, libs don’t like Bill O’Reilly because he allows viewpoints other than and in addition to left wing extremist’s views. That is the only reason they don’t like him. Propaganda, Propaganda, Propaganda!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MooneyBravo
While you throw Bill O'Reilly into the conversation make sure you also mention the even wackier left wing extremists such as Keith Olbermann and Dan Rather. Olbermann can't seem to get through one night without bashing Bill. It's either a mental illness or he has a secret homosexual attraction for him.

MSNBC is so fixated on FOX it's scary. FOX seems to be the only thing they can think of.

I guess they're just green with envy since FOX is #1 and they're #3.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
djohnsto77:

As I understand Fox leaves all other networks and cable news outlets in their dust. I don't agree with everything they say on Fox but I think they are the best and most "Fair and Balanced" of all TV news sources.

join