It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memo from McDonald's Corp. to the Prince of Wales: We are not amused.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
McDonalds have about as much credibility as Charlie, so they can't talk.
They would've been better served ( do you want fries with that?) by just closing their mouths (one less calorie to go on the hips) and saying nothing.

I don't believe in banning McDonalds. But I sure am 100% behind banning any junk food advertising. We all know who MCdonalds are and where to find them(is there a suburb anywhere in the western world that doesn't have one?)
so starting with a ban on Mcdonalds advertising would be a huge start in improving the health of the generation of kids.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAvenger
Hank is rarely wrong about anything. He may well be a member here. I know Toby Keith is. At least when I was a child, there were no McDonalds to complain about. In fact, there was no fast food at all.....

[edit on 4-3-2007 by TheAvenger]

Haha, I never really thought about that. The idea that they may be on here. Well if Toby Keith is on here, let him know I enjoy the music

As far as McDonald's I don't eat that crap. I don't know why some parents find it OK to let their children eat this stuff so often. It's like letting your kid smoke, it will kill them in the long run.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arcane Demesne
I wonder if McDonalds will ever sell a full vegan meal ranging from 300-500 calories.
I won't hold my breath.

Sure. Just order a Big Mac, hold the sauce, hold the meat.
Voila! Instant veggie meal.

You will have to pay full price, though.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x

I wonder if McDonalds will ever sell a full vegan meal ranging from 300-500 calories.
I won't hold my breath.

Sure. Just order a Big Mac, hold the sauce, hold the meat.
Voila! Instant veggie meal.

You will have to pay full price, though.

Except there's a very big chance the bread contains dairy products. And most cheap bread have absolutely no nutritional value. Let alone the old vegetables they use (lettuce holds no nutritional value either). I don't think there is anything there suitable for vegans. Even their french fries are fried in animal tallow and cottonseed oil.

But as an American, I want the 'free society' in which they are in to survive so we are all able to make money. I don't want them to be punished for selling unhealthy substances, so long as they make it known and advertise as such. Which they aren't doing, and that is where they should be penalized, but they shouldn't be banned. Everyone has a right to buy/sell whatever they want (except certain drugs, and other things, but that'll change soon, hopefully).

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Don't imagine that McDonald's, aka 'fast food' in general is the only sources of bad, unhealthy food......'homemade' is not automatically 'wholesome'. Anyone can fry up greasy hamburgers and fries right in their own kitchens, remember.

High end restaurant menus usually use a good deal of real butter, and heavy cream in everything......the 'food police' will need to close more than just MickyD's.....

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Yeah lets ban everything that has the potential to make someone fat.

Useless.....

It's not the food that makes someone fat, it is the lazyness and abuse of fast food services that does. I can eat McDonalds for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and still never get fat. It is because I burn more calories than I take in.

This is a waste of time..

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Shouldn't the people choose whether they want to eat at Mcdonnalds or not?

Why ban Mcdonnals because "a prince" says so?.....

As for the response from Mcdonnalds, it was only natural they would say this.

If people want to eat healthy food they can go to healthy restaurants. I go eat at Subways because i like it, not because anyone tells me to do it...

The people should decide whether or not they want to eat from Mcdonnalds, and no one, not even a prince should be telling what foods should be banned, and what foods shouldn't be banned.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Shouldn't the people choose whether they want to eat at Mcdonnalds or not?

Why ban Mcdonnals because "a prince" says so?.....

As for the response from Mcdonnalds, it was only natural they would say this.

If people want to eat healthy food they can go to healthy restaurants. I go eat at Subways because i like it, not because anyone tells me to do it...

The people should decide whether or not they want to eat from Mcdonnalds, and no one, not even a prince should be telling what foods should be banned, and what foods shouldn't be banned.

For once we are in complete utter agreement. There is simply no doubt that people should be the ones to decide what they should and shouldn't eat. No one should be able to tell them otherwise.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, but in the British press, Prince Charles has been branded as hypocritical because many of the foods in his own brand of Duchy Originals are actually 'less healthy' than a 'Big Mac'.

Prince Charles' criticism of McDonald's leaves him open to allegations of hypocrisy.

For the prince's own Duchy Originals brand lends its name to a vast range of indulgent foods, which are high in unhealthy ingredients, including the original fast food - the Cornish Pasty.

The Duchy Originals Cornish Pasty carries more calories, fat and salt on a gram for gram basis than a Big Mac, which is the signature product of the McDonald's chain.

The pasty carries 264 calories per 100g, which is considerably more than the 229 per 100g of the Big Mac.

Similarly, the fat in the Cornish pasty, which is made from beef, potato, swede, onion and pastry, is put at 13.6g per 100g, which is also higher than the 11.12g in the Big Mac.

The same pattern is seen with saturated fat at 5.5g in the pasty versus 4.17g in the Big Mac.

The salt level in the pasty is considerably higher at 1.25g versus 0.93g.

There is a range of desserts that, in terms of calories, would match anything that McDonald's has to offer.

These include a 500g treacle tart, a selection of miniature jam tarts and a large chocolate tart.

The Duchy Originals Treacle tart contains 393 calories per 100g, while the McDonald's Dairy Milk McFlurry contains a relatively modest 173.

A medium portion of fries from McDonald's contains 298 calories per 100g, again this is considerably less than the 464 per 100g contained in the Duchy Original Organic Hand Cooked Vegetable Crisps.

Source

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   

including the introduction of fruit, carrot sticks, salads and organic milk."

from the article.

ha. That's a joke. Their salads are almost 1000 calories, and I'm pretty sure their fruit is either covered in pesticides or if their pre-packaged, have TONS of added sugar. I won't even get into the milk thing.

I won't hold my breath.

McDonald's should have just stated, "Yeah, we sell unhealthy sh!t. But people buy it, so we're gonna keep selling it!" At least then they'd be honest.

LOL indeed... McDonalds does not run to the local store for fruit.. comes in a congealed box.

I agree with the Prince. Ban Mcdonalds, Burger King, and all other fast food restraunts.

Food should be 95% real pure food.. not processed gongealed junk .. with nearly more preservatives then food.

If that means the end of giant food companies, the end of nation-wide chains then GOOD ... local people should have local stores for local people with local food bought from local farmers.

Just my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join