It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US war-wounded scandal grows as Bush vows review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

US war-wounded scandal grows as Bush vows review

Source Link: www.abs-cbnnews.com

WASHINGTON - US Defense Secretary Robert Gates sacked the civilian chief of the US Army Friday, saying he was "disappointed" with the service's response to a scandal over the care of wounded troops at a top military hospital.

Already under fire for surging more troops to Iraq, the White House announced it was forming a bipartisan presidential commission to review the care given to wounded servicemembers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
What no replies to this?

Doesnt anyone want to know how the US is treating its soldiers?

Doesnt anyone care at all?

Where are all the rightwing Bush supporters?

This is very appalling, they put their lives on the line for their country yet they are treated like this ?

Out of sight out of mind?

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Well I'll put in my 2 cents for you.
I think it's despicable that returning wounded soldiers are being treated so poorly. However, because I'm not from the States I can't give a total sympathetic response as I don't know if it's just the military hospital that is doing this or if this is a general malaise that goes through a lot of hospitals in the U.S.
I know that a lot of Veterans here in Australia have the same kind of problems in healthcare and also benefits, so I don't think it's a U.S only kind of problem

Most health services in the western world it seems are detoriorating through lack of funds and also poor morale. And i might also add, basic hygeine from medical staff seems to be on the downward spiral that is spreading golden staph etc infections. Off topic a bit , but I wonder if it's not an institutionalised problem or this military hospital is being singled out and is up to something synisiter??

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
Well I'll put in my 2 cents for you.
I think it's despicable that returning wounded soldiers are being treated so poorly. However, because I'm not from the States I can't give a total sympathetic response as I don't know if it's just the military hospital that is doing this or if this is a general malaise that goes through a lot of hospitals in the U.S.

well im not from the US either, it just wonders me that noone seems to show intrest in their fellow countrymen

[edit on 4-3-2007 by Fett Pinkus]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
What no replies to this?

Doesnt anyone want to know how the US is treating its soldiers?

Doesnt anyone care at all?

Where are all the rightwing Bush supporters?

This is very appalling, they put their lives on the line for their country yet they are treated like this ?

Out of sight out of mind?

This is the biggest question I always have is why do people actually signup and keep signing up for the U.S service. I understand its for the country but this war and the last one (Vietnam) were mislead. I'm from Canada so I have an outsiders point of view with many friends in the U.S who are serving or have served.

They have always mistreated their war vets and don't even offer them psychological treatment FOR LIFE after they are done their time. They should have jobs already set aside for anyone that serves and if they are disabled their pensions should be ones that make them more then comfortable to live each and every day like $2000+ a month.

I know that sounds like a lot but REALLY think about it. How much profit has the government made from both wars and will continue to make once they are over. Don't let that borrowing debt fool you thats just as excuse so they can raise taxes one day and have something to link the raises to.

Its sad what they have to go through with the testing they also do on them as if going to war wasn't bad enough they are treated like lab rats to boot. Hopefully they can come home soon and the government starts treating them like the heros that they are. Of course I highly doubt that will happen.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I don't get it either.

Good treatment of returning soldiers = more people willing to enlist.
Rotten treatment of returning soldiers = dwindling recruit numbers.

It's an easy equation.
I really don't get their rationale at all.

new topics

top topics

join