It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore's Carbon Offsets Paid to a Company He owns

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
And who is going to manage the funds from this "global tax" ? The U.N??
How will these funds be spent and what on? How will it be distributed evenly around the planet? I can see this being rorted and pillaged and funds going missing and to finance things it wasn't intended to. It doesn't take Mystic Meg to be able to see where this will go.

I totally agree with the poster who said that paying a "tax" is not going to stop natural disasters. The ice age killed off the dinosaurs a long time before man even walked on the earth. If that natural weather pattern happened today, we'd all be blamed for it.

Archeologists and Geologists have proven that Droughts have come and gone for thousands of years. Tsunamis were recorded in the bible. Remember the great flood that covered the earth and Noahs Ark?? Oh dear, rising ocean levels have been going on for at least 2,000 years. Long before industrialisation and coal burning.

No one is saying that global warming (or Climate Change as it's now being called as it's no longer scientifically correct as different parts of the globe are experiencing different climatic changes just not warming.) isn't a reality. Of course it is and it's been happening since the beginning of time.
I just don't think that throwing money at climate change is going to stop it. Not unless $$$$ is now God himself.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Al Gore, non-scientist, self-proclaimed global warming expert who won't debate it, has truly excellent credentials. Maybe he should run for President. Oh yeah, he did and lost. That makes him a loser, if you can't figure that out. Carbon taxes only serve the wealthy, like Al.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join