It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore's Carbon Offsets Paid to a Company He owns

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Here is the link I forgot....

Generation Investment Group

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm not against capitalism, I'm against hypocrisy. Al Gore is a hypocrite,
who does not practice what he preaches. Anthropogenic global warming is a farce anyway. Carbon credits are a Ponzi scheme.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAvenger
who does not practice what he preaches. Anthropogenic global warming is a farce anyway. Carbon credits are a Ponzi scheme.

Sigh......I have spent WAY too long explaining how that isn't the case. I could really care less anyway. I know the truth about Gore, and so does everyone else that doesn't have something against him or hates him for some reason. I suggest you educate yourself a bit more on the topic.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Dunno about this.

Doesn't it make sence that you invest in a green power manifacturer when your on the path he is?

Wouldn't it make no sence at all if you were to buy your electricity from a competitor?

And wouldn't it have been a real news story if it turned out that he was shareholder or chairman in one of the big coal electricity corporations?

[edit on 13/3/07 by thematrix]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogansRun

Originally posted by TheAvenger

Sigh......I have spent WAY too long explaining how that isn't the case. I could really care less anyway. I know the truth about Gore, and so does everyone else that doesn't have something against him or hates him for some reason. I suggest you educate yourself a bit more on the topic.

This is America, believe as you will about Al Gore. I already know more about him than I'd care to. I certainly have no need to educate myself any further. Indeed, Mr. Gore is a distant relative of mine, and we think as differently as night and day.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Using your logic, does that mean that Bush pays himself when he pays taxes as he oversees the budget?

Yes. But we knew how that worked when he was elected.
It would only be similar if Bush raised everyone's taxes so he could get a raise for himself. Truth is Bush CUT everyone's taxes.

He founded the company with 6 other people, one of which used to be David Blood, the former CEO of Goldman Sachs. They use 5% of the profits to pay themselves ...

Aha ... So you're saying that Gore DOES pay money to a company that turns around and pays Gore back. And your reasoning that this is not a conflict of interest and hypocrisy is (like previous issues?) based on the fact that Gore somehow deserves a pass on this too, due to being an ex-VP?

Uh, hint: there is no monarchy here. Gore is a private citizen now. He deserves no free passes. In fact, he deserves nothing more than the rest of us get - by working hard.

Paraphrasing ...

There's nobody worth defending here. Move along ...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Aha ... So you're saying that Gore DOES pay money to a company that turns around and pays Gore back. And your reasoning that this is not a conflict of interest and hypocrisy is (like previous issues?) based on the fact that Gore somehow deserves a pass on this too, due to being an ex-VP?

Um, no. You missed it again. You are comparing a war profiteer (Cheney) with someone in the private sector. Apples and oranges. Believe what you will, most people know the truth anyway. You are a dying breed.
I never sayid he deserves a "pass" either, as there is no need for a pass. He isn't a hypocrite. Anyone with half a brain who does a slight bit of research can figure it out. The only people who still think otherwise have a personal issue with Gore that no amount of debate or logic will change. More power to ya.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I missed nothing. I've correctly cate-gore-ized
Gore as a loser that is using the 'global warming caused by humans' hoax as a way to both get back in the limelight he craves and enrich himself still further.

In one thread, I also correctly painted Gore as a 21st century version of the old TV preachers like Falwell and Swaggert, that promise redemption if you'll only send them money and change your 'evil' ways. We all know what happened to them, can Gore be soon to follow? One can only hope.

For all Gore's sycophants out there, I have to wonder what's in it for you? Me, I'm helping to defend us all from a dangerous demagogue.

[edit on 3/13/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I missed nothing. I've correctly cate-gore-ized
Gore as a loser that is using the 'global warming caused by humans' hoax as a way to both get back in the limelight he craves and enrich himself still further.

Your opinion.

In one thread, I correctly painted Gore as a 21st century version of the old TV preachers like Falwell and Swaggert, that promise redemption if you'll only send them money and change your 'evil' ways. We all know what happened th them, can Gore be soon to follow? One can only hope.

Sure you did. Whatever makes ya feel better.

For all Gore's sycophants out there, I have to wonder what's in it for you? Me, I'm helping to defend us all from a dangerous demagogue.

No sycophants, and nothing in it for us. Simply stating facts.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I don't know if any of you have heard this before or not. But thanks to Gore and all his scientists, the UN is being "lobbied" to start a global carbon tax. (Just what we need, more taxes, and which countries citizens do you think will have to pay the most)

Climate Panel Recommends Global Temperature Ceiling, Carbon Tax

A panel of scientists has presented the United Nations a detailed plan for combating climate change. VOA's correspondent at the U.N. Peter Heinlein reports the strategy involves reaching a global agreement on a temperature ceiling.

A group of 18 scientists from 11 countries is calling on the international community to act quickly to prevent catastrophic climate change.

In a report requested by the United Nations and partially paid for by the privately funded U.N. Foundation, the panel warns that any delay could lead to a dangerous rise in sea levels, increasingly turbulent weather, droughts and disease.

Holdren, however, says even these measure will achieve very little unless they are accompanied by a global tax on greenhouse gas emissions. "We don't think ultimately society will get it right in terms of the full range and scope of activities needed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, until there is an additional incentive in the form of a price on greenhouse gas emissions, either through a carbon tax or a cap and trade approach," he said.

Only a carbon tax can stop global warming

With the latest U.N. report declaring that global warming is all but unstoppable, such incremental measures seem ludicrous. Far bolder efforts than Kyoto and carbon trading credits will be required to blunt the impact of global warming, if the United Nations' forecasters are correct.
The fastest, surest way, of course, would be for the United Nations itself to impose a tax on all of its member nations that correlates with the carbon footprint of each.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
I don't know if any of you have heard this before or not. But thanks to Gore and all his scientists, the UN is being "lobbied" to start a global carbon tax. (Just what we need, more taxes, and which countries citizens do you think will have to pay the most)

Well, consider this. We all live on this rock together - it doens't just belong to the good ol' US of A - despite what some people in here would like to believe. The rest of the world has pulled their collective "heads out" and realized that the problem is real. I am all for this. At least they are doing something about it. If the worlds largest polluter wont change its ways, nor even consider discussing it, then there has to be penalties. Again, good for them!

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
How exactly does a new tax save the environment?

This is the same crap as the profits-winfall crap that was being pushed against the oil companies. How does putting more money in the governments bloated purse save me money at the pump?

How does imposing a global tax save the evironment?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Well, consider this. We all live on this rock together

And then consider this. Most of us on this "rock" don't want to have to pay any penalty or tax for something no one has proven we did or can control. Life is tough enough - I guess except for you. You're so gung ho for all these penalties and taxes, then how about you step up to the plate, put your money (this time) where your keyboard is and take care of my share? (line forms behind me) That's right, take one for Al Gore, too, while you're at it - since he sure isn't doing anything towards practicing what he preaches.

[edit on 3/14/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

And then consider this. Most of us on this "rock" don't want to have to pay any penalty or tax for something no one has proven we did or can control.

Here is where you are wrong. There are several billion people on this planet. Last time I checked, the US was around 5% of the population. Most of the rest of the world is convinced that GW is real, we are contributing to it, and that we must do something to change our ways. There are already entire villages under water in parts of Indonesia and SE Asia. There are millions of people at risk living on the shores of India that could be homeless within the next century if we continue down this path. The world's major population centers all lie on coastal land.

Let me ask you this Centurian (like you will even answer): What will we do when the sea levels rise and wipe out many of our major cities here? How much money do you think it will cost then?? Thousands of times more than what is being proposed now to make a change. But you wont be around then, so it isn't your problem, right?

Life is tough enough - I guess except for you. You're so gung ho for all these penalties and taxes, then how about you step up to the plate, put your money (this time) where your keyboard is and take care of my share? (line forms behind me) That's right, take one for Al Gore, too, while you're at it - since he sure isn't doing anything towards practicing what he preaches.

I never said life isn't hard. I work my ass off as much as anyone else to make it. You are taking a defeatist attitude and a very selfish viewpoint. Basically you are contributing to the problem, yet you dont want to be a part of (or pay for) a solution. Who is being hypocritical now exactly??

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Not defeatist. Just not willing to waste my time and money basically "fixing" something no one can say for sure is broken. Why do we all have to be dragged along on this train wreck at 100 mph? What's wrong with waiting just a little longer to get all the data. And by that I mean the real data, not some feel good, manufactured, photoshopped data produced solely to make a living for Al Gore and a few other enviro-nazi groups.

In case you don't understand my data reference above, remember the bad hurricane season last year. And remember how Al Gore and his enviro-nazis blamed that on global warming (caused by humans, of course). But do you also remember how those same people put out all sorts of warnings based on their data that (again due to man-made global warming) we could only expect it to be worse this year. Yes, they said their data predicted that there would be an even larger number of killer category 5 hurricanes this past season.

But the predicted killer hurricane season never happened ....

The "data" used by Gore and his enviro-nazis turned out to be wrong, bogus, false, etc. Yet they still want all of us to change our lives, pay more penalties and taxes, etc. based on their unproven data and theories.

Some with extreme tunnel vision can't seem to accept that this alone is reason to pull back and rethink this a little more. No, it's still full steam ahead for them on this road when they have no clue where it it leads. Evidence for other global warming causes than mankind exists all around, but these people can't be bothered with the facts. Why? Simple, their funding would dry up. They would also lose the fear stick they use to beat the rest of us with. The media would quit paying attention to them. Their true cause would be lost.

And that folks brings us back to reality. The reality of "global warming caused by humans" is that it is just a smokescreen for enviro-nazis true agenda - the de-industrialization and de-population of the earth. I guess they dream of the earth as a garden of eden-like park, peopled by a chosen few of these enviro-nazis as caretakers. Never mind that billions of people must die to realize their plans. They can still feel good because they made the earth look pretty again.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Nothing has been photoshopped. Just because this year didn't have worse hurricanes, doesn't mean we wont have them going forward. What are you referring to as being photoshopped? Receding glaciers? I dont think so, you can see them on google earth. Please explain your stance on this - if you can.

Ok, you proved you can use the bold and underline features on posts - congrats. Now, you just posted the same rhetoric that is in every other one of your posts on this topic. I will ask you again:

Let me ask you this Centurian (like you will even answer): What will we do when the sea levels rise and wipe out many of our major cities here? How much money do you think it will cost then?? Thousands of times more than what is being proposed now to make a change. But you wont be around then, so it isn't your problem, right?

I will continue to pose this same question to you until you answer it. Oh and you said that we should "wait a little longer" before taking action. This has been studied for more than 30 years. Villages are already underwater - you dont want to comment on those do you? Let's see if you have the capacity to answer the questions I have posed. This is a direct challenge by the way. If you continue to ignore my questions, then that only proves to me that your argument is null and void.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If he were still the Vice President and say that company got a lucrative contract from the government, then I would say there is a problem, however his name isnt Cheney or Rice and the company is not Halliburton, or Chevron. Hes a smart man investing in the very same company that supplies him with energy. Its like hes getting a discount on his electricity if he gets dividends from the stock.

The only way this could be deemed as a dirty deal possibly is if when he was VP this company recieved some sort of government grants or contracts with him pushing the issue. If not then there shouldn't be a problem.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Here is where you are wrong. There are several billion people on this planet. Last time I checked, the US was around 5% of the population. Most of the rest of the world is convinced that GW is real, we are contributing to it, and that we must do something to change our ways.

Yes, the rest of the world always loves a "solution" where the U.S. takes the blame and gets the bill for fixing the problem. Especially if it means they don't have to lift a finger themselves to change anything.

There are already entire villages under water in parts of Indonesia and SE Asia. There are millions of people at risk living on the shores of India that could be homeless within the next century if we continue down this path. The world's major population centers all lie on coastal land.

Earth to logansrun and the poor villagers: the reality is that (even if your pet theories are true) none of the programs you and Al Gore believe so dogmatically in will save their villages in a timescale that is meaningful to them. If it took years to "create" this problem, it will take at least as long to fix it. Someday bare islands and bare coastal lowlands might re-emerge from the sea. And, no doubt, Gore's and logan's decendents will then be moaning about the environmental damage that the falling sea level is doing to the ocean eco-systems that colonized our formal coastal areas (see, we can never win with these people). Meanwhile, the only solution is for people in the way of climate change is to adapt, in this case to move.

Let me ask you this Centurian (like you will even answer): What will we do when the sea levels rise and wipe out many of our major cities here?

And what would we do if the cause was determined to be the sun and there is nothing we could do to change the effects? We adapt (move), or we die.

Just like Jerry Falwell and Jimmy Swaggert before you, you and Gore offer a false hope to people. The false hope that if we just put a bunch of costly unproven programs in place, that everything will somehow be OK. But then you're the one that won't be around to see that all you really accomplished was mucking up a bunch of people's lives for nothing.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Yes, the rest of the world always loves a "solution" where the U.S. takes the blame and gets the bill for fixing the problem. Especially if it means they don't have to lift a finger themselves to change anything.

Who said anything about blaming the US? There are many other countries that contribute to the issue as well. China and India are two that instantly spring to mind. This is a GLOBAL tax, not just on the US. We happen to be the biggest offender at the moment yes, but this affects us all equally. I never said ANYTHING about blaming the US exclusively - there you go again thinking everything is about the US...

Earth to logansrun and the poor villagers: the reality is that (even if your pet theories are true) none of the programs you and Al Gore believe so dogmatically in will save their villages in a timescale that is meaningful to them. If it took years to "create" this problem, it will take at least as long to fix it.

There is that defeatist attitude again. Oh my, the problem is obviously bigger than me, so I am just going to ignore it and go blissfully on my way, ignorant of my actions.... blah blah blah.... Tell that to the people who now have to "move". You complained about how hard you work and how hard it is to get by in the last thread, where exactly are these people supposed to move? You seem to have all the answers, so do you want to let them live on YOUR land? Where are millions of people supposed to go? What about New York, or Los Angeles?? Where are they supposed to just "move" to?? Hmmmm? What city do you live in Centurian? A coastal one?

Someday bare islands and bare coastal lowlands might re-emerge from the sea. And, no doubt, Gore's and logan's decendents will then be moaning about the environmental damage that the falling sea level is doing to the ocean eco-systems that colonized our formal coastal areas (see, we can never win with these people).

Perhaps, but that is a future WAY off, many generations away from where we are now. In what way does this prove your point? I highly doubt people would have an issue with land masses re emerging - that would only add to the available resources at the time.

And what would we do if the cause was determined to be the sun and there is nothing we could do to change the effects? We adapt (move), or we die.

Well, most of the worlds scientists have already determined that it is a combination of several things, including the Sun, but also including man. Mans involvement is tipping the scale out of balance. What may have been a cyclical event, will turn into disaster. We are putting more strain on the environment than nature can deal with. That is why we are seeing species die off in record numbers. EVERYTHING is connected, I wish people could get this thru their thick skulls.

Just like Jerry Falwell and Jimmy Swaggert before you, you and Gore offer a false hope to people. The false hope that if we just put a bunch of costly unproven programs in place, that everything will somehow be OK. But then you're the one that won't be around to see that all you really accomplished was mucking up a bunch of people's lives for nothing.

This is rich, you are comparing ME to a TV evangalist?!?

The only thing that is "unproven" is the case that the skeptics are claiming to make about the earth and how man isn't involved. There have been WAY too many studies over the years and way too many scientists involved to not take this seriously. You can mock my posts, and take cheap shots all you like, but it doesn't change the fact that we are doing irrepairable damage to the earth - somehow I doubt you even care.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

This is rich, you are comparing ME to a TV evangalist?!?

Yes, it is an excellent analogy. Preach fear and damnation, then offer salvation for money and changed behavior. No doubt that Southern good ol' boy Gore would make them proud.

The only thing that is "unproven" is the case that the skeptics are claiming to make about the earth and how man isn't involved.

Prime example of the tunnel vision I mentioned earlier. There are many scientists, theories and studies that say otherwise. Many have already been listed here on a number of threads.

There have been WAY too many studies over the years and way too many scientists involved to not take this seriously.

Yes, and what do most scientists, especially those in "environmental" fields work for? The answer is grants. Grants are gifts of money from donors. Donors that almost always have an agenda. So, is it even a small surprise that Gore can hand out money to scientists and then
have them report back study findings that support Gore's agenda? I mean they all have to eat, right? Quid pro quo, right?

C'mon, you must admit this is a way more plausible conspiracy theory than most of the stuff posted right here on this site.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join