It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore's Carbon Offsets Paid to a Company He owns

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Gore's Carbon Offsets Paid to a Company He owns

Source Link: www.worldnetdaily.com

Al Gore defends his extraordinary personal energy usage by telling critics he maintains a "carbon neutral" lifestyle by buying "carbon offsets," but the company that receives his payments turns out to be partly owned and chaired by the former vice president himself
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

In other words, he 'buys' his 'carbon offsets' from himself, through a transaction designed to boost his own investments and return a profit to himself," Hobbs writes. "To be blunt, Gore doesn't buy 'carbon offsets' through Generation Investment Management – he buys stocks."

www.worldnetdaily.com...

So he wins (or is nominated for an oscar) for his documentary about global warming. He gets us all wound up about the possibility of global warming to make us think he cares, and what it really boils down to is his personal monetary gain through his company

Typical politican

[edit on 2-3-2007 by perfectdeception]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The whole notion of carbon offsets is ridiculous and only a master con-man could setup a company to trade something that doesn't exist, then make money buying it from himself... To think this shyster could have been the President.

It makes me want to go burn down a forest. It's OK, I can do that I've got a freaking coupon.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Finally some one else besides myself sees this
. I have to be honest the lack of response means either two things.

1. People dont understand whats going on here
2. They just dont care.

My hide is very chapped over this

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Actually I didn't respond because it is not a surprise that Gore is being financially rewarded for promoting, it's callled advertisement, I am sure if you dig deeper, he is cashing in big time, a very lucrative used car salesman IMO.

I am just trying to figure out if I can start sending my electric bill payment to myself, it could save me thousands a year.

My footprint is very small, it is a short walk to my car and as a matter of fact most of my tracks are made by Goodyear...

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
After reading that article, I'm now inclined to believe that the global warming fiasco is merely a cover for the increased usage of the HAARPinator. Has this idea been brought up already?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey

After reading that article, I'm now inclined to believe that the global warming fiasco is merely a cover for ....

...for another layer of laws, rules, regulations,

which the rich elites can maneuver around by 'buying' sharp, adroit Lawyers to set up these convoluted mechanitions to circumvent the
energy conservation laws designed to keep the middle classes & poorer
citizens in squalor and accepting a subdued standard of living & expectations...and a life of Rationing!

btw, Gore didn't win the Oscar, the producers/directors of the "Crock-U-mentary" did....it's the spin of the adoring media that puts Gore in the spotlight & makes that untrue linkage Gore+Oscar (another odd-couple?)

[edit on 3-3-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I truly believe we are going through global warming, but that it is cyclical in nature. In fact there is evidence that every planet in our solar system is warming up. This means that there are other variables that are contributing to this.

Like maybe the sun, our position in the galaxy..

Are we contributing, maybe, but its not the reason.. Its sickens me that this man has taken scientific evidence and misconstrued to make us believe we are solely responsible so he can make monetary gain.

I am so sick of the elite in this world.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Al Gore is a hypocrite, like most politicians. I wish he would run for President so I could vote against him AGAIN.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
So basically he just pays himself for carbon credits that allow him to pollute as much as he wants and still be "carbon neutral?"

Yeah...that's the ticket!

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well, after all, he is wealthy, a politician and ...a Democrat. I would expect no less. Oddly, as the posterboy for Global Warming, he has no credentials in science. Hypocrites like him tell us to do as he says, not as he does. I guess he never intended to lead by example, that's for certain.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by perfectdeception
Finally some one else besides myself sees this
. I have to be honest the lack of response means either two things.

1. People dont understand whats going on here
2. They just dont care.

My hide is very chapped over this

This is a good find. But to set the record straight, you're hardly the first to post on this subject. Some of us have been locked in a vigorous struggle with Gore's defenders on a number of other global warming threads, and have repeatedly pointed out Gore's hypocrisy and that he's only in this for the money.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
This buying of carbon credits is equal to paying for "air".
It's nonsense. A new industry has sprung up from fools purchasing an invisible product. It's one step down from an eskimo buying ice from a fast talking ice salesman. Ice is free.

This isn't a dig at Gore as each country have their Gore equivalents and are being shown slowly for the hypocrits they are.
To be a successful mouthpiece for anything environmental and to be taken seriously, you have to have a total eco friendly lifestyle before you stand up to the podium.You also need to check your investments to make sure you arent' profiteering from it. It's quite simple really.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hey Centurion1211

This is a good find. But to set the record straight, you're hardly the first to post on this subject. Some of us have been locked in a vigorous struggle with Gore's defenders on a number of other global warming threads, and have repeatedly pointed out Gore's hypocrisy and that he's only in this for the money.

I dont claim to be an original in disputing Al Gores claims. I am not spear heading anything hear. I am a new ATS member,(so I havent seen all the posts) I have always disagreed with Al Gore and his claims about global warming be man made(although I do believe the planet is warming naturally).

When the story broke about how he used double (in electricity) then the average consumer, then the Gore defenders pointed out the Carbon tracking, and the eco friendly measures Gore takes, I actually thought "Wow, maybe he does care" then I ran into this article and it really got me mad.

I would be happy to join any threads about the subject if you would be so kind as to direct me to them.

thanks centurion1211

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Tenessean.com

That means figuring out how much carbon is emitted from home power use, and vehicle and plane travel, then paying for projects that will offset that with use of renewable energy, such as solar power.

This is yet another thread to smear Gore, wow. I wonder why he has all the conservative panties in a twist.... So, guy starts company to invest in alternative technologies and renewable resources effectively taking an active role to reduce pollution AND working to end our dependence of foreign oil at the same time. People are up in arms because he makes a buck or two on it? If this were any other man, he would be a hero. I have never understood the endless attempts to smear the man, I am really baffled. I am sure one of you will come up with some stupid response though....

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Can we say Cheney and Haliburton - supposedly a conflict of interest for the libs to gnash their teeth about?

Now your poster boy Al Gore gets exposed for paying himself and it's no big deal. Even if you don't, I'm sure Al Gore considers this a big deal, since it's paying for all the food he eats and the energy he personally squanders (while telling the rest of us we need to conserve). And yes, you've told us before that you believe Gore - as an ex-VP - has the right to live high on the hog while telling the rest of us what bad people we are for wasting resources.

Can we we say hypocrisy (again!)?

[edit on 3/13/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Can we say Cheney and Haliburton - supposedly a conflict of interest for the libs to gnash their teeth about?

Now your poster boy Al Gore gets exposed for paying himself and it's no big deal. Even if you don't, I'm sure Al Gore considers this a big deal, since it's paying for all the food he eats and the energy he personally squanders (while telling the rest of us we need to conserve). And yes, you've told us before that you believe Gore - as an ex-VP - has the right to live high on the hog while telling the rest of us what bad people we are for wasting resources.

Can we we say hypocrisy (again!)?

[edit on 3/13/2007 by centurion1211]

Dude, it isn't even a comparison. One is about war profiteering and taking advantage of the office of the vice president to award contracts to a company in which he formerly (and currently IMO) was associated with. Gore sits on the board of directors of an INVESTMENT COMPANY which allows people to pay money to invest in solar, wind, geothermal, etc in order to offset the use of the only energy sources available: i.e. coal, oil,etc. The two cant even be compared and I am disapointed in you for using such a weak argument to make your case

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

quote: Originally posted by LogansRun
Gore sits on the board of directors of an INVESTMENT COMPANY which allows people to pay money to invest in solar, wind, geothermal, etc in order to offset the use of the only energy sources available: i.e. coal, oil,etc.

And Gore receives payment for sitting on the board. So, it can also quite clearly be seen that if Gore also claims to pay this company for so-called "carbon credits", he is in effect paying himself. Net effect is that Gore is really doing nothing to offset his own personal squandering of natural resources (food and electricity).

Dude, try stepping back and looking at it again. A neutral person would see little difference, I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

And Gore receives payment for sitting on the board. So, it can also quite clearly be seen that if Gore also claims to pay this company for so-called "carbon credits", he is in effect paying himself. Net effect is that Gore is really doing nothing to offset his own personal squandering of natural resources (food and electricity).

Dude, try stepping back and looking at it again. A neutral person would see little difference, I'm sure.

Using your logic, does that mean that Bush pays himself when he pays taxes as he oversees the budget?

He founded the company with 6 other people, one of which used to be David Blood, the former CEO of Goldman Sachs. They use 5% of the profits to pay themselves and operate the company. The money they use from "carbon offsets" are invested into other companies developing tech to lead us toward sutainability and end our dependence of foreign energy sources. Do you have an problem with the US being independent of foreign oil?? We wouldn't have to go and fight wars if we were... Why are you so against this? Do you like war?

Here is a link to the company's website. It is actually a brilliant idea as it combines the best of both worlds: Sustainability AND profitability - something that must go hand in hand if the idea of protecting the environment would ever fly in this country. He created a way for people to invest in ways to make the US a much stronger country and profit from it at the same time! How much more "American" can you get? Or are you against things that are American now??

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Using your logic, does that mean that Bush pays himself when he pays taxes as he oversees the budget?

He founded the company with 6 other people, one of which used to be David Blood, the former CEO of Goldman Sachs. They use 5% of the profits to pay themselves and operate the company. The money they use from "carbon offsets" are invested into other companies developing tech to lead us toward sutainability and end our dependence of foreign energy sources. Do you have an problem with the US being independent of foreign oil?? We wouldn't have to go and fight wars if we were... Why are you so against this? Do you like war?

Here is a link to the company's website. It is actually a brilliant idea as it combines the best of both worlds: Sustainability AND profitability - something that must go hand in hand if the idea of protecting the environment would ever fly in this country. He created a way for people to invest in ways to make the US a much stronger country and profit from it at the same time! How much more "American" can you get? Or are you against things that are American now??

[edit on 13-3-2007 by LogansRun]

<<   2  3 >>

join