It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expert in Russian poisoning case is shot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

(MSNBC)-WASHINGTON - FBI agents say they are assisting police in suburban Washington who are investigating the shooting of a Russian expert — a man who spoke out on "Dateline NBC" last weekend and strongly suggested that remnants of the KGB were responsible for the bizarre poisoning death of Alexander Litvinenko.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The Russian expert, Paul Joyal, was shot Thursday night as he got out of his car in front of his house in Adelphi, Md. Investigators in Prince Georges County say a witness claims to have seen two men running away after the shooting. Joyal remains hospitalized with a gunshot wound to the midsection. Authorities have not said whether they've been able to talk to him.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

On last weekend's "Dateline," he said of Litvenenko's death: "A message has been communicated to anyone who wants to speak out against the Kremlin: 'If you do, no matter who you are, where you are, we will find you and we will silence you — in the most horrible way possible.'"

www.msnbc.msn.com...

In an odd twist, another person who appeared on the "Dateline" broadcast died of a heart attack last month. Reporter Daniel McGrory of the Times of London, who has written about the Litvinenko case, died Feb. 20, before the "Dateline" segment was broadcast. He was 54.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hmm, I'm going to have to investigate further into this.

At first I thought that the original russian 'spy' had been poisoned by someone who simply did not like him... but now that these turns of events have followed, I'm going to have to try and see if I can piece together what is actually going on over there that they would want to cover up.

This has certainly peaked my curiosity.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
If Russia wanted this guy gone, it would have thought of something better than a gunshot in the street with "two men running away" in plain sight. And the Putin administration has far more opposition to deal with in Russia and Europe before they start killing people in Washington.

This is pure speculation at this point, but I can already foresee dozens of people forming theories on here about how Putin is going to take over the world and kill the damn infidels. Just remember- if Putin kills all his opposition that means he will come for you too. In fact KGB are watching tv and monitoring internet 24/7, gathering intel on anyone who dares insult the chief. Why? Because supposedly they have nothing better to do.

By the way- Litvinenko and the Russian reporter associated with him were most likely killed by Chechens. My bet is on Kadyrov or Yandarbiev. If you want to know why, actually read what Litvinenko was involved with and you can deduct who his prime enemies were.

[edit on 3-3-2007 by maloy]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

If Russia wanted this guy gone, it would have thought of something better than a gunshot in the street with "two men running away" in plain sight.

Why? The poisoned an ex-agent in the middle of London, leaving radioactive traces on the flights back to russia. They gunned down the reporter, which started that mess, in her apartment. Why wouldn't they send an assasin to go up and shoot him and then bolt? I mean, clearly, it worked. No one knows who the assasins were, and no one was able to stop them. Since they didn't shoot him in the head, they probably wanted to send a message to him to shut up. No ones going to be able to do anything about it, its russia, what is anyone going to do, issue a diplomatic communique expressing concern?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I believe that DC has a very high murder rate- one of the highest in the US. Also what are the chances that a politician/reporter in DC or US is anti-Putin? I'd say fairly high. There has got to be thousands of outspoken critics of Putin in Russia, Western Europe and the US. So now if any of them happen to die from unnatural causes, it is only too convenient to blame Putin.

Notice how every single article about this recent death (and I must have read a dozen already) mentions "critic of Putin" and "death of Litvinenko", before any sort of proof or evidence is uncovered. Is journalism supposed to be all about speculation? Putin is just a common denominator, and so far one that has no proven involvement of any sort in any of the cases. At least find one tie to FSB or Putin, before making further speculations and jumping ahead to the blame game. I am sure CIA and the Brits have adequate intelligence to find ties- if there are any.

The reporter you are talking about- it is mostly established by independent sources that she was likely killed by the current pro-Russian Chechen leadership.

[edit on 3-3-2007 by maloy]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
What's up with all this Polonium & Palladium anyway?

Been hearing a lot, or used to, about this "stuff" being used, where it's now proven to be highly toxic within the human system. Although, some die hards insist it explains what cannot be.

I can think of a lot of ways to eliminate someone besides obtaining and handling a highly toxic/radioactive substance with traceability. And, after you use this, if you do, why would you bother "cleaning up the scene" after what was obviously an outright attempt to kill someone with signatures galore.

Maybe this Russian had some type of bio-enhanced system that had to be eliminated by means not in the usual way? Doubtful.

I don't think they kno much about this "stuff", they don't kno what the Hell they are doing, and they ain't...

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
I believe that DC has a very high murder rate- one of the highest in the US. Also what are the chances that a politician/reporter in DC or US is anti-Putin? I'd say fairly high.

And what are teh chances that a person who happened to be on a show denouncing putin would get mysteriously shot and not robbed, out of the blue? Pretty low, and yet, of the two on that show denoucning putin, one had a 'mysterious heart attack', and the other was mysteriously shot. Its pretty clear that its not a matter of people being attacked and caught up in some sort of 'background' level of violence that is unrelated to their statements on putin.

So now if any of them happen to die from unnatural causes, it is only too convenient to blame Putin.

You mean unnatural causes like being machine gunned in the middle of russia? Or being assainated with radioactive poison? Yeah, i think it'd be nutso to say it was 'regular crime'.

Notice how every single article about this recent death (and I must have read a dozen already) mentions "critic of Putin" and "death of Litvinenko", before any sort of proof or evidence is uncovered. Is journalism supposed to be all about speculation?
Where is the speculation in the articles? The person was a critic of putin. Litivinenko was assasinated, with Pollonium for christ stakes. Thats not the mob. Thats not a rival. Thats the government. What government would want a vocal critic of putin dead and has ties to russia, since thats where the radioactivity trail lead to? Putin's government perhaps?

Putin is just a common denominator,

Having brown hair is a common denominator. Dying shortly after criticising a powerful political figure is not merely a 'common denominiator'. Infact, when multiple people have died and thats the common factor between them, you can bet that its not natural causes or 'regular' crime. One person, sure. Two, heck, why not, could be an accident. But, what, four now? One machine gunning, one pollonium poisoning, one 'heart attack', and now another shooting. Whats next, people comminting "suicide" by running through closed windows?

and so far one that has no proven involvement of any sort in any of the cases.

Correct, it has not been proven that Putin murdered them. Indeed, it probably will never be proven.

At least find one tie to FSB or Putin,

These were all critics of him who've been assasinated, some with radioactive pollonium, you don't get that from a walmart. And the radioactivity trail lead back to russia.

I am sure CIA and the Brits have adequate intelligence to find ties- if there are any.

And what would they do? Bring him to court? Sue him? Or maybe they'd just assasinate him, turn the tables eh?

it is mostly established by independent sources that she was likely killed by the current pro-Russian Chechen leadership.

And there's the direct tie in to Putin. Killed by his underlings and puppets. No one is suggesting that he himself cocked the gun and blasted her to the ground in that elevator. It'd clearly happen through intermediates. SO its pro-russian chechen patronized by Putin that did it, well there you go.

bothered
I can think of a lot of ways to eliminate someone besides obtaining and handling a highly toxic/radioactive substance with traceability.

BUt hardly a better way to make it clear to everyone that might be thinking of speaking up that it was Putin that did this, and not an accident, and that they'd best keep their mouth shut, no? It leaves enough doubt to prevent Putin from being charged, but its clear to anyone what actually happened.

new topics

top topics

join