It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When should a topic be closed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   
And when is a complaint for closing a topic valid?
And when is something going to happen?

In the aliens section there is a person called Trainedforthis and he has a topic about aliens in which he gives his ideas to persons. That is all very nice, I give my ideas also to other persons. Seriously that is nice.

But then we come to the conclusion he is only answering questions, and not discussing.

He gives his ideas without arguments, not allowing anyone to discuss with him, and 19 pages have been filled in that way now !!!

Tell me is that keeping "The ATS information level high"??? Tell me is it, he is it!!????

Nobody of the staff is doing anything against it, and a lot of members get very pissed of because some sheep keep on asking questions (no offence) while he doesn't argument them and not going into discussion.

Is that the so-called "keeping the ATS information level high"????????????????????????????????

Is that denying ignorance?

Or is some-one going to do something against it by now???? (and no, they don't respond to complaints neither).

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I just wanted to say something as a fellow member. The dude explained his intent:

"Special Note to all who read

My attempt here is to share information about so called "ALIENS" that unfortunately most are not aware of but will soon become victims of. If one chooses not to believe the information given here it is ok. If one is not sure of this information this is also ok. If one understands this information and prepares themselves for the greatest deception the world has ever experienced, this is the BEST. There is SOON to be an announcement made by public officials declaring that their are aliens. This will not be just an annoucement but a show and tell senario. Most will think that these beings are from other galaxies and solar systems when this will be far from the truth. These beings have been preparing for this time in the history of planet earth for a very, very long time. The outcome will not be good for humanity of earth. Each of you will have to make the decision to accept them with open arms or reject them for the con artists they are. There is much to tell and your questions help to get the information out that will help bring understanding to all who have ears to hear and eyes to see.

Thanks for reading and asking........"

Now, he may very well be delusional, and if the staff decides that harboring a delusional poster is not good, I can see them getting rid of the thread. But I don't understand what your big problem is quite frankly.

If a thread torques you off...don't revisit it. Most times when people stop posting to a thread it dies. If the original poster repeatedly bumps it with no added value, the staff tend to catch on.

I just don't see something so wrong with that thread that it warranted causing drama via this thread. I guess what I'm saying is I think you're more wrong than him right now.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Is it wrong to say something about some-one only giving information and not discussing nor giving arguments?

And is it right to let persons ask and ask and ask while a lot of members do know that isn't a way to discuss.

Saying you could ignore the treath and it will die out is very easy to say, but did it really happen?

No it didn't, but that is not because everybody is so happy with it, it is because persons keep on asking while other members know the one which answers doesn't give answers which have value in it, because he doesn't give arguemnts for them and doesn't debate.

Perhaps the topic goes on because he doesn't give arguments and doesn't answers arguments against, and therefore people (which don't realise it is all based on nothing but his thoughts) go on asking.

Does that help ATS really?
And am I that wrong for saying it?
And is it really that right to just ignore the topic?

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Most times when people stop posting to a thread it dies. If the original poster repeatedly bumps it with no added value, the staff tend to catch on.

That's why these mysterious first time posters that come from nowhere, ask the next question, then disappear seem fake to me. Whenever he goes on for a half dozen posts by himself (which is really weak when he says QUESTION FROM OFF THREAD OR E-MAIL) suddenly someone appears to 'continue the dialogue'.

It doesn't really matter, but he's just spinning wheels, repeating himself, and IMO talking TO himself.

(Actually, I don't think anyone should be able to do two posts in a row, especially to their own thread...that's what EDIT is for...anyway, he does 4 or 5 in a row, even when there are no 'questions' from ATS)

Though his approach to 'debate' did inspire my new signature line.

[Edited on 22-12-2003 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
may I ask who you guys are talking about?

*edit- Just looked over the "aliens and ufos" forum, and it is now obvious to me who it is.

[Edited on 12-22-2003 by theshadowknows]

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

If a thread torques you off...don't revisit it. Most times when people stop posting to a thread it dies. If the original poster repeatedly bumps it with no added value, the staff tend to catch on.

Valhall has a good point. Dont go back to the thread if it pisses you off. BTW...there is a button in his mini profile that could solve your problem easily

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
If you can't deny ignorance....then ignore denial. That's what trainedforthis is doing. He's in denial about providing "real" information pertaining to his post. So ignore him. Let the thread fill up with his ramblings. A closet is a lonely place to scream.

ignore denial

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I never read trainedforthis thread before but I just did now. I have to agree with Leem that it is a bunch of crap but hey I have to agree with others too, just don't go visit it.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If it bothers you, just ignore it...

BUT I can't help but watch, knowing that Reverend Jim Jones and Marshall Applewhite started unravelling somewhere.

I mean once you are convinced the HOLY GHOST speaks through you, your interpretations are NOT open to critisicm by virtue of the same circular logic and you become capable of ANYTHING!

It's quite fascinating from a psychological study if you read through it. The Pope is wrong, modern Church is wrong, all of you on ATS are wrong, the government is clueless...evil, evil, deception everywhere... ONLY I AM RIGHT. Well, me and the 4 other guys I met on-line that share this message from the HOLY GHOST....

I mean this is two beers shy of a cult suicide. It's funny, but not exactly harmless. I mean this is real person... so was Applewhite. Once this group sees something they interpret as their 'IMPENDING MESSAGE' what is the next move?

What HOLY GHOST inspired cult doesn't try to bring about it's own mini-rapture? Seriously.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yes, I have to look at it also all the time

And you are right, but still it's hard to ignore, and I don't like that one person fills 19 pages with only answering questions and not discussing nor argumenting them.

Should a person really be able to get his points that way?

new topics

top topics

join