It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Law of Attraction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

I have to say right away that this is the only forum I decided to post in since BTS isn't working for me. Anyways,

I am here to offer you the greatest oppurtunity in the world. Sounds strange doesn't it? This has to deal with your life, your jobs, and everyone around you. In fact did you know that you are actually creating your own life around you? That's right. You're doing it, and whoever is reading this now was mean't to since you attracted it!

Here's the scoop. There is a great knowledge known by men in ancient times. It was also known by our four fathers. I am here to switch your life around by providing you with the greatest and most ancient knowledge known to mankind.

The first thing we must understand is Positive and Negative energy. While many of you have heard of Karma, some may not beleive it and that is perfectly fine. You do not need to be spiritual, nor religious in order to be affected or believe in the Law of Attraction. Have you ever heard of that phrase, "What goes around, comes around?"

Well now, just what does that mean?

It means that what you send out to the world, your thoughts, manifest themselves either good or bad and come back to you.

You are your own person, part of god,even if you don't believe in god that doesn't matter. I just mean you are part of all living things, everything.. you are essentially energy. Think about it, we humans are made out of flesh, bones, cells and what is beyond that? Our creativity, our feelings and intuition all come from our very essence of who we are. Pure loving energy.

Positive energy. You ever have such a good day, that everything around you is bright, people call you and tell you good news! You got good grades, you are successful. Woo hoo what a great day right? yes.. but there is also...

Negative energy. You are having a rotten day, it's raining.. people are mean, you trip everywhere, you're late for work. etc. and this and that.. and Oh mygod it's a wreck.

So why does this happen to us? ha no not just coincidences. It's the Law of Attraction. The more you think , or worry about something, the more it will come into existance. Your thoughts are a form of energy whether you believe it or not. So what's the big secret?

Just think positive, believe that you can be successful. Believe you can do it, and never EVER think down about yourself. IF you have an illness, or you are sick do not think this,..

How many times have we heard people complain to us about being sick, etc..

"Oh I'm having a bad day, I'll never do this, or I can't do this... Or I'm sick and I'll never get better...."

The result of that, is tragic. The more you put yourself down, the more it is embedded into your mind...

BUT! My friends.... If you think "I wil be successful!" I can push myself to the limit. YOU are A CREATOR of YOUR OWN LIFE! Let it be what you choose it to be! If you believe that what I am saying is total BS. That's ok too, but I promise all of you that you try this, for a week your life will take a huge turn.

Another tip. If you are sick don't say, "I won't be sick" because in a sense that word "Sick" is still in your mind, thus repeating that over in your mind will still make you feel sick. Instead try this,

"I will be healthy."

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
What if you don't believe in what you're telling yourself? Even if you think you truly believe in it, there's still some doubt deep deep down? Will this effect it?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Tha'ts a very good question. Yes I do believe it does have an effect on some level, however I think you're in good hands as long as you stick with it. There will be a time when it you'll see it. Once that happens you'll think "By golly! It does work."

Actually I have to say that the worst times in life. at least so far for me, are Middle school, and Highschool. There are many negative situations in which you will find yourself in. It's the budding area of teenagers...

I never liked highschool very much because there was too much stress involved with not only myself but other people as well.

I am now in college, a happy successful artist. When I first came here, I wasn't doing too well. But when I used this technique and visualized what I wanted to accomplish, etc. It worked, and still does to this day.

It's up to you if you want to try it or not. Some people forget about it and live their lives on. In my opinon, we are on this earth to go through learning experiences and face negative/positive events in our lives. Keep on living it until you realize that you are your own creator and you can't change the world. BUT you can change your world.

Right now, whoever I'm talking to. Whoever you are in that computer chair. You are seeing the world through your eyes, it's your life. And I'm seeing the world out of mine.

That's all I have to say. If you have anymore questiosn, I'll try my best to answer them for you.

Peace

TR

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I think I tried it last night, when I was in bed. I was telling myself over and over: 'I'm safe.' Because I'm, scared of the dark, the unknown, but, much quicker then usual, I fell asleep, and it felt like it used to, that it felt like I had just gone to sleep when I woke up.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This is covered in the movie called "The Secret" btw. And you've probably been watching it and just pulling everything in content from that to here.

I don't believe it though, as I seem to recall the law of attraction works in the way that it pulls an object that another object tries to reject. You could say:

Object1(+) sends-rejection-to-other-object(-------) and pull Object2(+)

Dae

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
One of the things you have to do with this is start being grateful for what you have. When I go to bed at night, I get into the feeling of grateful (if I have trouble generating it I imagine my kids with something horrible, like a disease, then I get that grateful feeling because they dont). This exercise on its own is fantastic, I feel better about life AND it sends me to sleep. Last night, I dont remember much which means I fell alseep too quickly!

Kappo, sounds like the same falling asleep thing happens to you, try the grateful exercise too.

Volatile, the law of attraction is older than the film 'The Secret' and if you want you can read about it for free, The Master Key System.

The way I have understood the attraction law is if you focus on the problem as opposed to focusing on the solution then all you will get is more of the same problem. So instead of giving attention to say, 'elimination of debt' it should be 'acquisition of money'.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
One of the things you have to do with this is start being grateful for what you have. When I go to bed at night, I get into the feeling of grateful (if I have trouble generating it I imagine my kids with something horrible, like a disease, then I get that grateful feeling because they dont). This exercise on its own is fantastic, I feel better about life AND it sends me to sleep. Last night, I dont remember much which means I fell alseep too quickly!

Kappo, sounds like the same falling asleep thing happens to you, try the grateful exercise too.

Volatile, the law of attraction is older than the film 'The Secret' and if you want you can read about it for free, The Master Key System.

The way I have understood the attraction law is if you focus on the problem as opposed to focusing on the solution then all you will get is more of the same problem. So instead of giving attention to say, 'elimination of debt' it should be 'acquisition of money'.

I do sometimes do that feeling grateful thing without realising it. Like sometimes I imagine what it'd be like if my parents, or my brother, or my sister died, and I'd get a little teary, then I'd be happy because it hasn't happened. I don't know if this is the same, can't remember if I fell asleep any easier though..

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderraven

Hello everyone,

I have to say right away that this is the only forum I decided to post in since BTS isn't working for me. Anyways,

I am here to offer you the greatest oppurtunity in the world. Sounds strange doesn't it? This has to deal with your life, your jobs, and everyone around you. In fact did you know that you are actually creating your own life around you? That's right. You're doing it, and whoever is reading this now was mean't to since you attracted it!

Here's the scoop. There is a great knowledge known by men in ancient times. It was also known by our four fathers. I am here to switch your life around by providing you with the greatest and most ancient knowledge known to mankind.

The first thing we must understand is Positive and Negative energy. While many of you have heard of Karma, some may not beleive it and that is perfectly fine. You do not need to be spiritual, nor religious in order to be affected or believe in the Law of Attraction. Have you ever heard of that phrase, "What goes around, comes around?"

Well now, just what does that mean?

It means that what you send out to the world, your thoughts, manifest themselves either good or bad and come back to you.

You are your own person, part of god,even if you don't believe in god that doesn't matter. I just mean you are part of all living things, everything.. you are essentially energy. Think about it, we humans are made out of flesh, bones, cells and what is beyond that? Our creativity, our feelings and intuition all come from our very essence of who we are. Pure loving energy.

Positive energy. You ever have such a good day, that everything around you is bright, people call you and tell you good news! You got good grades, you are successful. Woo hoo what a great day right? yes.. but there is also...

Negative energy. You are having a rotten day, it's raining.. people are mean, you trip everywhere, you're late for work. etc. and this and that.. and Oh mygod it's a wreck.

So why does this happen to us? ha no not just coincidences. It's the Law of Attraction. The more you think , or worry about something, the more it will come into existance. Your thoughts are a form of energy whether you believe it or not. So what's the big secret?

Just think positive, believe that you can be successful. Believe you can do it, and never EVER think down about yourself. IF you have an illness, or you are sick do not think this,..

How many times have we heard people complain to us about being sick, etc..

"Oh I'm having a bad day, I'll never do this, or I can't do this... Or I'm sick and I'll never get better...."

The result of that, is tragic. The more you put yourself down, the more it is embedded into your mind...

BUT! My friends.... If you think "I wil be successful!" I can push myself to the limit. YOU are A CREATOR of YOUR OWN LIFE! Let it be what you choose it to be! If you believe that what I am saying is total BS. That's ok too, but I promise all of you that you try this, for a week your life will take a huge turn.

Another tip. If you are sick don't say, "I won't be sick" because in a sense that word "Sick" is still in your mind, thus repeating that over in your mind will still make you feel sick. Instead try this,

"I will be healthy."

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dae

Oh gee, I thought it was discovered like 2 days ago by some guy called Kevin...

Dae

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile

Originally posted by Dae

Oh gee, I thought it was discovered like 2 days ago by some guy called Kevin...

Heh, and here I thought it was some Americans trying to make money from our ignorance... No wait, it was some postulatin' albino Estonian about 23 years ago

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Nah seriously, I think people have an average IQ of like 4 because they never understand my posts or even the content of it... And I see more: "Or did I get it wrong?" in this forum than actual facts being presented.

So like, try actually reading abit of my post (it's the top lines) and then analyse it, and show us your not in your 1st year of elementary school.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlBeMet

In a perfect world this might work. Lets think of a control for a good example.

John here just got caught killing his wife red handed, John gets life in a supermax prison.

By what you are implying is if John thinks and repeats to himself I want to be free I want to be free he will be released.

Repeating affirmations won't work in this case because his subconscious will bring up the obvious everytime he repeats "I am free".

If John isn't a master in concentration and in programming his subconscious mind, that's where he's going to stay for the rest of his prison sentence/life.

Because of our learned beliefs, experiences and upbringing, such feats would be near impossible to do on our own, unless we invoke goetia spirits or something like that.

In this hypothetical situation, John dug himself so deep in that hole due to his actions, and especially his feelings and subconscious thoughts, that a mammoth effort to get him out of it would be an understatement. It is still possible though.

If his will, creative ability and beliefs are so strong, so convicted and there is no doubt. He would then manifest a general pardon from the president, someone might break him out of prison and ship him to some pacific island, or it will turn out that he actually was innocent (reality shift). Or he might die very soon, and be free in that way. Or something else.

The way he would be able to do it, is to go in to a deep theta, reprogram his subconscious while in theta. Then do the visualizations... Visualize himself being a free man and living as a free man. After he's done with this, if he totally lets that go and never gives a single thought to the subject again (something which is practically impossible for us untrained people) he will be free and nothing will stop God/The Universe from freeing him from prison. Nothing.

Only his subconscious will do that. And it will do that by trying to force him to accept the fact that he's in prison. It will be nagging him, and he will be constantly wishing (daydreaming) that he was free. Everytime he does that. He's attached to the outcome and it's his subconscious' way of saying that he is not free, and that he will stay incarcerated. When he's constantly thinking about when and how the outcome will happen, his attention is constantly on the fact that he doesn't have that outcome. And it will be just as if he visualizes and affirms for 10 minutes the outcome, but the rest of the time he's doing just the opposite. Then what do you think will happen to him? Of course he will stay incarcerated.

So the key is to force the subconscious to accept and support your desire. If it's in the way, you're not getting it.

It is always possible to change the "inevitable" but you must have all aspects of your mind, attention and feelings under good conscious control.

Focus, concentration and control.

That's why when doing this stuff it's usually best to start with small things that you're not emotionally attached to, and to which you will forget about directly after doing the visualization/affirmation/reality creation part so that you won't be constantly wondering whether it's coming or not.

Dae

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile
So like, try actually reading abit of my post (it's the top lines) and then analyse it, and show us your not in your 1st year of elementary school.

My bad, I shouldnt have responded to your post.

Just for clarification, yes the OP has just regurgitated the info from 'the Secret' and I was pointing out another source for people that is clear and free, unlike the film 'the secret'.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Quoting myself from the "The Secret" topic on Skunk

Wow will changing reality, yeah it’s a real secret O_O

If only there weren’t so many books on it, though we call it magick and read lots of enigmatic and symbolic texts to study it... And (with magick we) can consciously change things by Will, not some passive will attraction “law” (though some of it is a part of the ‘teachings’)

And then there is this "The Secret" video with a really watered down, diluted and trashy pop version of what so many people have studied in the past, but you know, diluted occult lessons are popular these days...

Yeah, I didn't like the video, it’s like someone read a few lines from the Emerald Tablet and decided to do a video on a message they didn't understand fully, though it must serve some people that don’t want to do the whole magic(k)al work but still wants to “attract” things to themselves… So it is kind of worth something, though I still don’t like it :p

Adding to myself, this attraction proposed is fairly weak compared to what someone trained in magick or any occult path can do... But as I said, it must be good for someone XP

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderraven
PS.. I've used this Law of Attraction technique. And I am successful, I am healthy, and happy. There is no doubt that this works.

Just curious..
Is there any evidence you would be un-successful, un-healthy, and un-happy if you hadn't used this technique? Or is it just what you happen to believe so you would feel a sense of control over the events of your life?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Initially i shunned this thread, merely due to the simple fact that i don't think any amount of talk will make certain people reconsider, so this post is intended strictly for people who could use an alternate if not opposing viewpoint.

Consider the implications, please:

The world revolves around my thoughts, if something goes wrong it's my fault, i can change it by the power of the mind, any way i please, other peoples' minds can change only their, world not mine and any arising inconsistencies (my world just got nuked, yours died due to global warming) will be alleviated (how - i don't know). the actions of my fellows cannot affect me at all unless i let it happen, example: if you get mugged, you simply invited it, if you get drafted, you subconciously decided you wanted to go to war - along with everyone else, who either agreed or simply did not think 'right'. consider extreme examples, you die in a plane crash/car/train wreck. or even an earthquake or by lightning strike, your call!

the world is my holodeck! see what i'm getting at. it's of course true that thinking will affect our performance, no denying, but we are not the masters of the world, not even our own. individual choice means that can affect other peoples' lives, in fact i don't see how we could avoid it, because of intricate dependencies. this does not mean i'm condoning abuse, of course, but any theory must be open to falsification. this one isn't, if things don't go your way, you just failed to practice correctly.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is about maintaining a positive outlook, yes ?

Ok, this example is how I live my life.

At the tender age of 32, I was diagnosed with a bone disease (AVN).
I was a diesel mechanic, and not too shabby, I'm told.
The prognosis was drastic, to say the least. My right hip would need replacing within a year.
My doctor looks at me, all grim and says " You need to find a new profession".
I looked back at him and grinned. " No, you need to fix me".
6 months later I had my first THR (total hip replacement).
3 months after, I was back at what I love to do. Pulling wrenches.
2 years later, I had my left THR.
3 months after, guess what ? Yep, back at work.

That was ...hmm...7 years ago, and I'm still loving my profession.
These days, the guys I work with and I joke about me having after-market parts.

Anyway, just an insight to my own positive thinking,
Lex

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Great!

Absolutelt spot on.

I have been doing this for a few months and it DOES work, You have to challenge any doubts/strong feelings you get, you basically have to work for it.

And not in physical working sense.

You have to mentally work for it.

Challenge those little voices in your head.

For example, you say to yourself "I am going to be rich" the little voice in you head says back to you "I cant im worthless stupid etc" you then say to yourself "Im not worthless because,i did/i have done/i can do etc" and replace that doubt with a more healthy possitive outlook.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Instead of a general thought " I'm going to be rich ". ( I prefer the term wealthy )

Think of how you can achieve this desired end. Just thinking the above will
garner nothing.
Think of HOW you can achieve this goal.
What are you good at ?
What can you improve in your life ?
What can you do for others that will allow them to view you in a more positive light ?
What can you alter in your own life that will allow you to look in a mirror and see a more positive you ?

Break down your desires into smaller, more manageable items and go from there.

Hope that made sense.

Lex

top topics

join