It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's scientists launch global warming study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

World's scientists launch global warming study

Source Link: www.boston.com

50,000 scientists from 63 nations launched a study yesterday called the International Polar Year, to investigate how global warming is affecting the Earth's poles and what that means for all those living in between.
"The hour is no longer for skepticism. It is time to act, and act urgently," Prince Albert II of Monaco said in announcing the project in Paris. He called global warming "the most important challenge we face in this century."

Scientists will use icebreakers, satellites, and submarines to study the effect of solar radiation on the polar atmosphere, the marine life swimming beneath the Antarctic ice, and the culture and politics of Arctic inhabitants.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
maybe we just cant stop it from melting and we should start preparing for how to keep the ocean warm

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Good point. And we'll have all those new beaches to check out. And the new resort hotels in Greenland and Antarctica.

Of course, that's if anything major actually happens. I'm trying to think positive, here.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
lol.....but all those poor penguins

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster
lol.....but all those poor penguins

Yes, this is where evolution will have to assist them. At least the penguins that haven't already signed with a Hollywood agent.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
And did you see my thread on this real disaster in the making?

thread

Again, scientists have no answers on why this is happening.

[edit on 3/2/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
And did you see my thread on this real disaster in the making?

thread

Again, scientists have no answers on why this is happening.

[edit on 3/2/2007 by centurion1211]

Yes, did you want us to spam/derail that one like you just did here?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Mister 'open a new thread every 30 seconds today' wants to call me a spammer? Naw, I was just responding to the other poster's sense of humor this afternoon. Seemed better than starting out the weekend feeling depressed because mankind is about to destroy the world, or whatever.

Yes, whatever, I'll let you all stew over global warming this weekend. Me, I've got a date with 5 other people to take our ATV's up to the snow, etc., and check out the wildlife and views at 8,200 ft.
(that's right, it will be "cool").

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Get ready for the "Carbon Tax." This is what the Global Warming fearmongers want.

Too bad I can't buy "Carbon Credits" from myself, like ALGORE does. (Do your own research!)

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Mister 'open a new thread every 30 seconds today' wants to call me a spammer?

I'm posting relevant information to this forum while you are posting ads to your own threads. Does my posting threaten you? Is that why you feel the need to do so? How about I go bump your threads so there is no hards feelings?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
(Do your own research!)

How about cite your sources?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
okay but heres the question we know only what causes global warming we cant repair anything or slow it down.....it may not even be a huge deal when ice melts in a glass doesnt the water go down??

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
but how could we slow it down other than get rid of engines cause that wouldnt work....we could try spraying chemicals in the air of naturally occuring gasses in the ozone and hope that nature puts the blocks together so to speak or we could try to physically keep sunlight from touching it with a tarp

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KCJONES

Scientists will use icebreakers, satellites, and submarines to study the effect of solar radiation

SOLAR RADIATION. They are studying SOLAR RADIATION. Does this mean we have a group of 50,000 scientists who think the cause of global warming is not man made?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
WE MUST PREPARED FOR THE ICE AGE

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
noone probably knew about this but iam looking for responce sorry it had nothing to do with the topic
The paracast

I was a member of the paracast forum and came away very disappointed. The host, well one of them, is a total jerk..David B. They say they are there to listen and claim to have an open mind about issues. I made comments on the fact that David B. is a very annoying host who acts like he has all the answers and continually cuts down other hosts of paranormal broadcast shows...I think it has something to do with envy and jealousy of thier success. God forbid you don't agree with he and his yes men on that forum otherwise you are looking at ban for life. If you go on there you will notice that it is only a few guys who continue to post on that forum and they are all the ones who continue to kiss his butt. That forum is the least credible due to fact that it is only the ones who agree with the hosts who are allowed to post without worrying about being banned. David B. has banned people who disagree with him and threatens everyone else with a ban when they have something different to say. If any one who has been on that forum and agrees please reply and if you don't reply anyways. I like this forum because they allow disageements to happen and long as they don't get out of hand.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

Originally posted by KCJONES

Scientists will use icebreakers, satellites, and submarines to study the effect of solar radiation

SOLAR RADIATION. They are studying SOLAR RADIATION. Does this mean we have a group of 50,000 scientists who think the cause of global warming is not man made?

I love arguments such as this one.

Do you believe a theory can cause heat?

The solar radiation is causing the warming; where else would heat come from? The majority of scientists believe that we are contributing to the warming of the earth as we trap more solar radiation with greenhouse gases.

top topics

join