It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skywatcher reminder...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Reminding you guys to break out the camcorders, cameras AND ESPECIALLY TRIPODS this weekend for the Lunar Eclipse.

Good Luck! Enjoy, and I hope you spot the mothership!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So are you implying that just because the Earth is going to block the Sun from shining on the Moon that we are going to see other things in the sky also? I doubt that Aliens are planning to "show themselves" more just because of how we see the Moon for a night...

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think you are referring to SOLAR eclipses that offer opportunites for viewing sky regions that are normally obscured by the brightness of the sun.

However Lunar eclipses are nice to look at as well..

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I hope its clear tommorow. It is cloudy as hell today, have my telescope and binocolers ready to go. I do not own a camera or camcorder though

Besides if I ever did see and take a pic of a ufo it would be debunked anyway lol.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well, not really.... luner occultation SHOULD make objects close to the moon more visable, just like solar occultation makes objects close to the sun easier to view. To my knowledge this technique hasn't been tried much if at all...

I'm simply suggesting that a lunar eclipse MAY increase the chance that we may observe objects normally blinding us by direct lunar glare.... what's so goofy about that?... Since we're always looking for "proof", this MAY increase the probability that an "unknown" can be observed and data can be gathered.

Of course SOLAR eclipse let us see all kinds of nifty stuff, how many people pay attention to LUNAR eclipses? Why not give it a try and see what we find, if anything?

Of course I could just sit at my PC and make posts about "Greys" and Zeta Reticuli, but where would that get us?...

Stop being such haters and try doing some science, like gathering data, instead of criticizing a completely sound and rational proposal .

Anyway, peace out and "keep looking up"...

edit, changed indirect lunar glare to direct lunar glare, now go play with your abacus or stroke Seth Shostak

[edit on 2-3-2007 by Stale Cracker]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Sorry Stale Cracker..
I wasn't being a hater.

I'm on the west coast anyway, So I miss the whole event.
I photograph the moon a lot.
I was just thinking that there are many opportunites to shoot them moon, when
it's not fully lit. Like it's cresent phases.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I want to see this but somehow I can't. Yet a few days ago I saw the moon at I think around afternoon.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Sorry Stale Cracker..
I wasn't being a hater.

I'm on the west coast anyway, So I miss the whole event.
I photograph the moon a lot.
I was just thinking that there are many opportunites to shoot them moon, when
it's not fully lit. Like it's cresent phases.

By no means Bro!!!!

You're on the west, coast I'm east coast (PA).. this is actually the best-case scenario!!! (see "external image link") We could then corroberate our observations and take into account time of observation VS angle of observation. Even though it'll probably be small, (the comparative angles of observation for us VS the moon that is...) any "unknowns" observed by BOTH OF US could then be "ranged" and distance extrapolated.

As far as "unknowns", I'd limit us to anything not being able to be plotted as a star, planet, or local satellite (including the ISS). If it exhibited anamalous motion all the better!!!

What we need is others to help make observations at specific times, on a specific basis, from specific locales... then we have many more points from which to triangulate data. Documenting this we can determine if it's a plane or anything local, we'll be able to PROVE that almost automatically.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandman441
I want to see this but somehow I can't. Yet a few days ago I saw the moon at I think around afternoon.

According to your avatar, you live in alaska, yeah, you're hosed for this eclipse. Sorry man.....

new topics

top topics

join