It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia to require cancer vaccine for girls

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Condoms are not the only form of safe sex. More important is abstinence. If you're worried about HPV, make sure your partner is tested.

And, are you saying that billions and billions of dollars a year is not enough to perpetuate this snake oil business? Most docs dont question their pills that they're pushing on us. Cant sleep? take some narcotics. CAnt stay awake? take some crazy stimulants! Cant relax? dope yourself out with litium and valium! You're too fat, take this! Have slight pain? how bout some morphine!

Show me the evidence that vaccines work!

There are numerous studies that say they dont. There was a case in switzerland during the 1970's mumps outbreak where 84% of the population of a small town had been vaccinated. 84% of the people that got sick had been vaccinated. Direct correlation showing the vaccines didnt do #!

apc

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Abstinence isn't safe sex. It's the absence of sex. There is no test for HPV unless there is a wart to biopsy.

I'm intentionally ignoring the rest of your little tirade.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
what makes you believe that vaccinating against merely two strains of papilloma virus will miraculously stop most cases of cervical cancer?

just curious. i mean it's not like you're not going to be disproven
it's just that people will have moved on by then, and as i put it a while ago will be advocating the next level of insanity.hint: the source link i used went dead a few months later so use my sig for an updated version (µwave hazard).

That said, i don't care what you feel is inevitable or can be construed as a moral obligation and i'm wondering if you care about the moral implications of forcing some mostly untested vaccine on unsuspecting 11y/o girls when adverse effects are well documented. that's before talking about long-term side effects, like cancer.

www.whale.to...

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Abstinence isn't safe sex. It's the absence of sex.

Abstaining from risky sex is safe sex. Having sex with anybody you meet, even if you use TWO condoms, is not safe sex.

There is no test for HPV...

hmmm.... Lets see thehpvtest.com seems to totally disagree with you.

"HPV test is done on a sample of cells collected from the cervix."

Whether there are warts or not.

apc

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
... on the cervix the growth is referred to as dysplasia instead of warts. The tissue spreads out instead of up in a lightly discolored area of flesh.

There still has to be something to biopsy, which in this case is determined by an abnormal pap smear. An HPV test is a biopsy of the cervical dysplasia.

And are you inferring that only slutty people get HPV? If you are sexually active and have been for more than ten years, there is a high probability that you are a carrier of the virus in either active or dormant form, or have carried it in the past.

It really is that common, and this combined with the relative benign nature of the virus is why I can not agree with mandating vaccination. I presume based on your little rants about the validity of vaccinations, you would agree with this conclusion.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Sp00n1 has made a good point.

Really, a big part of the spread of sexual disease comes from having multiple sexual parteners.

How do you combat this? A lot of us need to start acting like humans instead of "alley cats" in heat. We need to establish good, loving, committed relationships. This will keep the number of sexual parteners lower. Hell, I like sex as much as the next person. But if we are going to engage in sex, at least make sure you are committed to this person.

The best thing to do is find the person who is right for you, first. Make a committment to this person. Then, start thinking along the lines of sex. Kids without loving parents is also a problem.

And again, no, I don't trust this cancer vaccination. Big Pharma has not given me enough reason to trust them that much.

I am building up personal evidence with my own health that is showing I need very little if any of Big Pharmas pills and potions. My main exception is numbing medicine when I get my teeth drilled on and stuff like that.

Troy

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
just for the record, the site i linked (www.abovetopsecret.com...) is now down for good, even the wayback machine can't retrieve it anymore.

so much for linking to public forums

[edit on 11-3-2007 by Long Lance]

apc

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Every URL linked in that post seems to be OK...

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
strange but true, seems like b!**ing about censorship will get the links back online

it was down yesterday, lol, anyways, since i managed to retrieve it now, i'm happy again.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
First adverse reactions to Gardasil reported.

au.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
They're going to try and give me this shot in one hour and fifty five minutes.

Let them try.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join