It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't believe in this.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I do not believe in the war on terror. The war on Terror is a scam. It was started because the rest of our nation has carelessly believed in our previous president's reputation so much so that the "stock exchange" being higher then it is contemporarily, that we overlooked so much of what Bill Clinton did to incite our enemies for the 21st century. He lulled all of us into the belief that he did NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMEN, nor did he have a scandel, nor did he do anything by blowing it out of proportion with her. He however, in the end caused more pain for our country. He strenghtened our enemies resolve, he elevated China's power so that they now have nukes when we should have toppled him in the last regime before they consolidated power-- then he let North Korea build up its own nuclear weapon facility to make nuclear weapons. What he should have done was to have gone after Saddam before 9-11, then he should have built up intel reports, and make intelligence one of our primary subjects. We were attacked, and that makes the beginning of Bush's political agenda. This was a ste up, but I want to know who set it up.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Ok so you would just rather have the terroist over her blowin stuff up instead of over there.

China has had nukes for a while anyway and North Korea's nukes are weak real weak some of the bombs that America drops daily are more powereful so i wouldnt even classify them as nukes they flopped when making the bomb. With that said they could one day have an arsenal of nukes or at least one with a high yeild.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I would have to agree with you Maverickhunter.

I believe the "terrorists" and "terrorism" in general is more like the bogeyman. The governments, especially the US Government, have been counting on the general populous to believe whole heartedly in the idealism that "someone's out to get me" in order to get people to give up their rights to "purchase a false sense of security".

The actions taken by the US Government, in regards to the steps taken just over the past 6 years clearly show this. Take into consideration exactly how many "acts of terrorism" have taken place over the past umpteen years and you'll see the idea of the "bogeyman" is staring your right in the face.

3,000 people died during 9/11, and I feel horrible for those that were taken, and for those that had someone taken from them. However, on the other hand, we lose 50,000 people ever year to car accidents and another 1.5 million are injured during car accidents. Why don't we declare war on General Motors?

Originally posted by 19 Kilo
Ok so you would just rather have the terroist over her blowin stuff up instead of over there.

China has had nukes for a while anyway and North Korea's nukes are weak real weak some of the bombs that America drops daily are more powereful so i wouldnt even classify them as nukes they flopped when making the bomb. With that said they could one day have an arsenal of nukes or at least one with a high yeild.

Over here, or over there... what's the difference. Does it make it better to be someone else that's dying?

The nuclear weapons you're referring to are not used in a sense of terrorism. Those are used in the means of a deterrent. Just like the US and Russia have them, and in mass quantities. Everyone knows that we have nukes, and that's simply a means of getting others to "think twice" before invoking an act of war against us.

Now, I agree that there are some nations that would attempt to get the materials to gain a nuke for the purpose of joining the ranks of the "big boy on campus", but I hardly believe there would be a nuclear weapon to be used by such states that would be strapped to a suicide bomber.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm in agreement as well. It is horrible what happened on 9/11, and yes that was an act of terrorism, but I don't buy into the whole "someone's out to get me" mentality. Buying into that only gives the government free reign to go to war with whoever has what they want, be it oil, money, or technology. The "war on terror" is a war on something that isn't physical. You can't defeat something you can't touch. There will always be terror, there will always be terrorists, and there will always be someone who doesn't like us or someone who has what the government wants. Short of blowing up the entire planet we aren't going to be able to win this "war". I want to live in safety as much as the next person, but blowing up entire countries (including the civilians who don't have much choice what their government is doing) is not going to make us any safer. If anything it'll just make people angry with us as a nation that weren't angry at us before.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Im sorry let me clarify what I meant. I was saying that its better to have them blowing up their own country than ours I did'nt mean that terrorist had nukes if that is what you took it as. Not to sure if your american or not but the whole dying thing would you rather have your soliders and friends and relatives dying or the enemy, killing is wrong in all ways but I would rather my friends come home and if I get sent over there you better believe some middle eastern family is going mourn for there dead instead of mine mourning for me.

Forgive me im sworn to bush lol.

top topics

join