It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China demands US cancel planned missile sale to Taiwan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by perfectdeception
Just like the Romans, The Greeks, The Ottomans, The Egyptians, and EVERY major civilization that has been on top...

BUT..... It doesnt mean we can't try, and we should try...

...you shouldn't try because you will simply ruin your country.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by perfectdeception

Why?

When the European powers declined, we didn't try and take the whole world with us. America needs to learn that it cannot be number one for ever.

Just like the Romans, The Greeks, The Ottomans, The Egyptians, and EVERY major civilization that has been on top...

BUT..... It doesnt mean we can't try, and we should try...

History has shown that ALL empires will crumble and die. No-one likes to be ruled by an empire. All you are doing is setting yourself up for a fall. Once an empire breaks, the country becomes a nothing, a few pages in a history book.

The world no longer needs a superpower. Imperialism and Colonialism are a thing of the past. All they ever did, was cause wars and bankrupt their country. It is time to move on.

It is ironic that in the last century, the US was totally anti-imperialistic ......... how times have changed.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
beside all the moronic post about the speculative downfall of america (to much to address, not worth the time) ..Wotan. A point that many bring up (like you have and many before you in this very thread) is that empires have always risen and fallen throughout history. This is partly true, but note that the Roman Empire lasted for over 1000 years after its peak. Also note that the British Empire never actually collapsed since Britain is still one of the the top seven countries in the world today, and the English language is the most widely spoken in the world. Britain was merely surpassed by its descendant, with whom it shares a symbiotic relationship. The $ has taken some hits. However it has started to stabilize and is said to rebound in the second half of 07. We are at two different war fronts that many seem to be forgetting which doesnt help the dollars case. Which brings us to americas debt... American GDP is growing faster then American debt which puts america in a rather good spot considering how much debt we have. Also America is about to switch to what is called "fair tax" which is a consumption tax, and it will ensure american supremacy for the 21st century and beyond.
Its just what it is ppl. Get used to it.

Now china has no right in hell to be demanding the US to do anything. Said another way... kiss my white ass china...

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Okay *sigh*

There is simply NO way the US could invade China. There is not enuf amphibs to even make up a credible invasion force. If the US goes to war with China, it will be an air campaign against strategic targets. let us not forget that the communist regime there has built the biggest target in the world, the Three Gorges Dam. Once filled, if you bust that open you would wipe out a huge chunk of China's airable land.

The US could help defend Taiwan nad do alot of damage to the Chinese military, but in the end, Taiwan would be rubble.

Back to the topic at hand. Why is China so bent out of shape about the sale of Non-strategic missiles. Is I pointed out earlier its 400 air to air missiles and air to ground missiles. BTW they are items already in the taiwanese inventory.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
let us not forget that the communist regime there has built the biggest target in the world, the Three Gorges Dam. Once filled, if you bust that open you would wipe out a huge chunk of China's airable land.

So you support killing millions of their citizens?!?!?!

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
[So you support killing millions of their citizens?!?!?!

Mao seemed to have no problem offing his people on a mass scale.

No I do not support killing millions, but a war is just that. And the scenarios being discussed were potential US invasions of mainland China which IMHO would and could never happen. But a strategic air campain is more likely and it is a signifigant target no? For that matter the Hoover Dam is also a strategic target.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo
beside all the moronic post about the speculative downfall of america (to much to address, not worth the time) ..Wotan. A point that many bring up (like you have and many before you in this very thread) is that empires have always risen and fallen throughout history.

Now china has no right in hell to be demanding the US to do anything. Said another way... kiss my white ass china...

I am not speculating such a downfall at all - that is something that is enevitable, a forgone conclusion.

China has now right huh! How about the US doing less of the demanding instead? I think you are forgetting the Cuban Missile Crisis - a similar scenario.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
But a strategic air campain is more likely and it is a signifigant target no?

not really,

military targets tend be more significant.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
not really,

military targets tend be more significant.

yes, no doubt the costal bases would be first strike targets, as would the missile fields et al. but besides flood controll the dam also is (I think) the worlds biggest hydroelectric site in the world.

Its a legit infrastructure target much like a power plant etc.

I have to ask my dad who is a civil engineer and did some dam design if the 2000 lb gbu's would be enough to cause a failure

[edit on 3/3/07 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I think you all are drastically overestimating both China's comfort with the regime in NK, and their power over it. It's hardly what I'd call an alliance, it's more like China views the regime as a rather crazy neighbor they'd rather not provoke too much. They have some degree of influence due to being NK's major trading partner and source of aid, however it's not at all clear how much the regime actually cares if it's people are fed or starve.

A little antecdote that gives some insight into the relationship:
China was at one point sending massive trains of food aid into NK to placate the regime and forestall a general collapse, one that would create huge refugee problems for China. Not only did the Pyongyang regime gladly keep the food, but they also kept the trains, instead of sending them back across the border as agreed

[edit on 3/3/07 by xmotex]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
I am not speculating such a downfall at all - that is something that is enevitable, a forgone conclusion.

It is speculation at best when you base your facts on your "opinion". Which is exactly what you are doing. Speculating in other words. Talking out of your ass sorta thing.. Get my drift?

The US will be surpassed someday, sure. (However not for the foreseeable future) Will it eventually collapse? No one knows. I suppose the US has about as good of a chance as collapsing as any block or nation on this planet. I wont rule out the possibility of an imminent US collapse in the distant future, but not in the likely foreseeable future. So ya see..it is speculation.

TheCIA has predicted the breakup of the EU in 15 years. This is unless the EU starts agreeing with one another on reform. Even then the EU suffers a population crisis. China itself has a uncertain future that doesnt look very promising. Pollution, a rapidly ageing population. Chinas massive debt, China’s funding gap for social security, medical care, pensions, etc., is the government’s debt. Chinas banking systems are in bad shape as well. So I would say the US out of those countrys and blocks has a better chance of succeeding then falling flat on its face. I cant say the same for china and the EU...

China has now right huh! How about the US doing less of the demanding instead? I think you are forgetting the Cuban Missile Crisis - a similar scenario.

Like I said. It is the wage of the superpower to be envied. Others weaker vie for its influence and attention.

These are NOT NUKES! Thats the difference. There for it is not a similar scenario, making your point moot..

[edit on 083131p://1203pm by semperfoo]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Semperfoo - I sincerely hope you are right that the EU collapses in under 15 years. The EU is a bastard child, that should have been aborted long before its birth. I will be one of the first people that throws a ''collapse of the EU party''.

You are correct that the comparison to Cuba about the 'nukes' is probably misguided, but if the Russians were doing the same back then as the US is now doing, would the US have acted any differently?

Cuba to the US, is in their backyard. Taiwan to China is their territory.

I wont even mention Diego Garcia, thats for another thread .................

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
Semperfoo - I sincerely hope you are right that the EU collapses in under 15 years. The EU is a bastard child, that should have been aborted long before its birth. I will be one of the first people that throws a ''collapse of the EU party''.

it won't collapse, the federal lobby are leaving office soon and nationalists will come in and reform the place. plus, i would not believe anything that the CIA predicts either.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
USA Selling missiles to Taiwan, is kind of like old school days of cold war, when Soviet Union was sending missiles to Cuba. But of course, United States can do what they want to. China can not.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
China's defense budget jumps 17%. Keep shopping at Wal-Mart folks...the Chinese military loves your donations.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The US sells missiles to Taiwan because China has openly said for years they would invade if Taiwan decides to think for themselves and declare independence. As I said earlier, it's all a game of Taiwain waiting for China to grow democratically...an invasion by China of Taiwan would be the dumbest thing China could do. Tibet was one thing to steal, but killing "Chinese" citizens on Taiwan to make them Chinese again would isolate China from the world and destroy their economy...if Taiwan didn't nuke them back first.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic
China's defense budget jumps 17%. Keep shopping at Wal-Mart folks...the Chinese military loves your donations.

no #. I try to avoid shopping at wal-mart unless I absolutely do not have a choice.

regardless, we are going to end up fighting china.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo
beside all the moronic post about the speculative downfall of america (to much to address, not worth the time) ..Wotan. A point that many bring up (like you have and many before you in this very thread) is that empires have always risen and fallen throughout history. This is partly true, but note that the Roman Empire lasted for over 1000 years after its peak. Also note that the British Empire never actually collapsed since Britain is still one of the the top seven countries in the world today, and the English language is the most widely spoken in the world. Britain was merely surpassed by its descendant, with whom it shares a symbiotic relationship. The $ has taken some hits. However it has started to stabilize and is said to rebound in the second half of 07. We are at two different war fronts that many seem to be forgetting which doesnt help the dollars case. Which brings us to americas debt... American GDP is growing faster then American debt which puts america in a rather good spot considering how much debt we have. Also America is about to switch to what is called "fair tax" which is a consumption tax, and it will ensure american supremacy for the 21st century and beyond.
Its just what it is ppl. Get used to it.

hard to imagine a country with statistically the fattest and stupidest people in the world ruling anything in the coming century. Your white ass can go watch jerry springer eat your jumbo fries and watch FOX news while your empire comes crumbling down around you. Sad thing is, just like Rome, America was destroyed from within by its own greed, corruption and arrogance.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Or_Die_Trying

hard to imagine a country with statistically the fattest and stupidest people in the world ruling anything in the coming century.

I might believe the fat part...but the "stupidest people" in the world stat I would like to see proven. Remember America is full of every race on this planet (including Chinese), so please allow for non-white asses to be equally insulted.

Amazingly you can see some these "fattest" at Wal-Mart...where they purchase Chinese products. The reasons people are fat in the US are because: 1) they sit at a desk all day 2) they eat trans-fats 3) they eat food that isn't really "food" and 4) they eat a lot of this non-food because it never fills them up. Not to mention the ton of daily stress that increases cortisol levels and poor health.

Now what any of this has to do with Chinese missiles has got me, perhaps we should stay on topic. The US wouldn't sell Taiwan missiles unless Taiwan wanted them, so maybe China should ask themselves why their Taiwanese neighbors are so fearful of them. Could it be because they took over Tibet militarily when the people in Tibet never asked for it?

It's all a game, China will probably soon sell missiles or some military item to Venezuela, if they haven't already.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

hard to imagine a country with statistically the fattest and stupidest people in the world ruling anything in the coming century.

We're the stupidest? That must be why we have the best universities and most noble prize winners in academics and why so many people come HERE to come to graduate school and college

[edit on 4-3-2007 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

hard to imagine a country with statistically the fattest and stupidest people in the world ruling anything in the coming century. Your white ass can go watch jerry springer eat your jumbo fries and watch FOX news while your empire comes crumbling down around you. Sad thing is, just like Rome, America was destroyed from within by its own greed, corruption and arrogance.

Ahh yes... the last line of defense for the defenseless. Show your ignorance because thats all you've got.
What a complete tool...

Your hole post is moot and is filled with nothing more then the ole "wishing in one hand and #ting in the other". You suffer from a severe case of anti Americanism. You should probably get that looked at. It will only eat at you because that is all you have to focus on. Our lifes instead of your own, which is probably why your nation is stuck in nuetral and well behind the evil ugly fat americans. As for your stupidest nation on earth comment. 17 of the worlds top 20 universitys disagree with you.

So I solute you sir with my big fat arrogant American finger by playing you a soft chorus from my 1 finger guitar.... Good night

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join