It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geert Wilders - 'end Islamification of Netherlands'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Telegraph.co.uk

Dutch politician, Geert Wilders, is the leader of the Freedom Party. He is calling upon people in the Netherlands to put an end to ‘Islamification of the Netherlands’. He also is very vocal in his statements that Islam is going to take over Europe. This is just one of the quotes from Geert Wilders that has helped to earn him over 600 death threats.

"Islam itself is the problem. Islam is a violent religion. The Prophet Mohammed was a violent man. The Koran is mostly a violent book. We should invest in Muslim people but they have to first get rid of half the Koran and half of their beliefs," he said.

Geert Wilders has also made calls for a ban on the burqua and not to have segregated public swimming pools. He calls these things "religious apartheid".

I don't know if this fella is popular or not. Is he? I don't know much of anything about him. I was wondering what people in the Netherlands (people anywhere) think of him. This thread is open for anyone who would like to discuss Geert Wilders and his call to end ‘Islamification of the Netherlands’ (*and Europe).

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hi Flyers I think this chap is just using the old power/politics scam he wants to get in power and he knows many dutch citizens are not happy about the number of immigrants moving into the country.

As far as islamification is concerned again if you look at the real reasons there seems to be no case of islamification. European countries had many overseas possesions, the peoples of those countries tended to migrate towards back to the motherland.

Also there is always movement of peoples from poor states, many of which just happen to be Muslim. If you look at the bigger picture over the last 1k years there is nothing sinster in this at all. Most Euro countries welome peoples from different religeous backgrounds so again nothing new in this.

The flip side to this is those who are engaged in the new holy war, the Zionists who want the Muslims and Christians to take each other out. Lets face it, it has all been done before about 1k ago. This man is just an oppertunist grasping at the current event.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Flyers I may add that it was comments and sentiments such as these that were used to brainwash German citizens into believing that Jews were subhuman and a threat to the German way of life. So his he a Nazi, Muslim hater or just an oppertunist I don thonestly know but we should be wary of such people.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
In the dutch elections he got about 9 procent.
Luckily no other party wanted to join a coalition with him.

Next elections he won't get that much voters

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
For a new party a lot of people voted for him, mostly because they had hoped he had some characteristics of Pim Fortuyn, now people will know he does not.

There are a lot of people in The Netherlands who are "extreme" against islam. Most of those voted for Geert Wilders, the smarter people had vote for the integration laws of the Public Party for Freedom and Democracy (VVD) (They also hold their heads high above immigration, one of their representatives threw out an immigrant who was in the midst of her final exams).

But the fact remains that Geert Wilders was thought to be someone who could end the islamification, and believe me, there are enough people who want to end it, they are just afraid to speak up. But Wilders doesn't get the support he needs from other politicians. Mainly they just ignore him, they pretend he is not there.

I'm not saying Geert Wilders is a good man, "Freedom" my ass, closing our borders only helps us into misery.

Why don't you look up the man named "Marco Pastors". He was also running for votes this year, but he didn't won places in the government.

It seems like Pim Fortuyn has died after all... His ideas are in our head, yet, something doesn't want this ideas to succeed... Something called, FEAR.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
he knows many dutch citizens are not happy about the number of immigrants moving into the country.

Seems Geert Wilders is voicing their concerns.

originally posted by magicmushroom ' As far as islamification is concerned again if you look at the real reasons there seems to be no case of islamification. European countries had many overseas possesions, the peoples of those countries tended to migrate towards back to the motherland'.

There are approximately 700,000 Muslims in the Netherlands, representing nearly five percent of the population. Dutch Muslims come primarily from Turkey and Morocco, but there are substantial minorities from Surinam, Iraq and Somalia.

Some major cities, including the three largest in the Netherlands, may become majority Muslim over the next few decades. Muslims are concentrated in urban centers, in particular the four largest cities of Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Utrecht. The Hague has a large concentration of Surinamese.
euro-islam.info...

Link: en.wikipedia.org... ..... will illustrate Dutch colonies in the past, mostly several hundred years ago

Indonesia, Suriname, and the Antilles are former Dutch colonies and many of their residents immigrated to the Netherlands after these countries claimed their independence.

The Dutch imported people from Morocco and Turkey as temporary workers, many who remained in the Netherlands and eventually became Dutch citizens.
www.indiana.edu...

So as may be seen, muslims in the Netherlands are primarily from Turkey and Morocco' .... yet these were not Dutch colonies. The largest numbers of muslims in the Netherlands are those (from Turkey and Morocco, see above) who were engaged as temporary workers and who chose to stay.

'Muslims Stone Jewish Children'. .... they came under attack from a group of Turkish Muslims, who pelted them with stones .... concrete blocks, smashing windows of the building. The Muslims were shouting anti-semitic abuse. www.westernresistance.com...

There are at least 400-500 Muslim places of worship in the Netherlands, with traditional mosques being built in the major cities. Of these, nearly half are primarily Turkish and some 90 are primarily Moroccan
(seen the size of the Netherlands? It's tiny)

The Dutch are extremely tolerant of homosexuality: they were the first country to legalise gay marriage.
This runs counter to muslim beliefs.

A (Dutch) parliamentary report determined that “multiethnic society had been a dismal failure, huge ethnic ghettos and subcultures were tearing the country apart and the risk of polarization could only be countered by Muslims effectively becoming Dutch.” (Fekete, 2004: 20)

originally posted my magicmushroomThe flip side to this is those who are engaged in the new holy war, the Zionists who want the Muslims and Christians to take each other out.

Heh heh. But FIRST those Zionists were required to infiltrate Dutch (and other European nations') governments --- in ORDER to engineer wholesale entry BY primarily Turkish and Moroccan muslims into the Netherlands ... so that the 'holy war' could be stoked and fanned and orchestrated BY said Zionists, whose agenda is far more self-serving and evil (and PETTY) than most are able to comprehend.

top topics

join