It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howard, you piece of [expletive]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Just blow up parts of Puerto Rico like we do..

Maybe we should bomb the barrier reef directly because it fixes it self so quickly.oop it take years to rebuild

I can't believe they would do this....but hey I live in America so anything is possible.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
any more sources on this? anyone know if it's actually going ahead or anything?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Is there another source other than .ru for this story, to corroborate?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
Is there another source other than .ru for this story, to corroborate?

I found a couple of more links regarding the story.

Link1

Link2

The second link is very anti american so sorry US folks not my intention at all but it does mention the exercises around 3/4 of the way down the page.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by madhatter]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Don't Australians have the Internet? I don’t know anyone who gets news from TV and Newspapers anymore. Or maybe the article is just not accurate.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I may be missing some bold print somewhere, but please someone tell me this is all very 'phantom' they arent actually going to do anything in the above are they?

www.iraq-war.ru...

Says the media is not interested and says Aus 51 state. I do not think so but thanks for the laugh.

I also loved the source which is known to print propaganda for the insurgents which speaks volumes alone. Get back to me when they actually gun down some terrorists though that I will be interested in unlike the story which is a piece of (insert your favorite phrase here)

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I posted this back in November, when I got a mail from a friend in Sydney.

After two days without reply I had to beg ...and got two.
Both posters found it a positive for Shoalwater's preserving, that it was military area.

Originally posted by dagebow in Biggest live War Game ever to take place in pristine Australian Nature Reserves
Newsflash - it happens more than once a year in terms of military exercises being run in Shoalwater bay. Its a designated military training area and its so pristine because the military control the area. If it was left to no defence people to manage it'd be developed and destroyed in a second. Be thankful the military run the area and not local council.

This is from the mail forwarded to me.

>> Subject: War games in Australian Wilderness, and a chance to be heard.
>> The politicians will not resist the demands of the USA - they will allow this to happen, if we don't act.
>> Now read what David Bradbury (the documentary film-maker) has to say.>>>

Dear Folks,
Next May/June will see Australia host the largest military exercises we've ever had in peacetime. Talisman Sabre 07.

Twelve thousand Australian soldiers and nearly l4,000 US troops and sailors will take place in bombarding our shores and fragile landscape, storming our beaches
, gunning down 'terrorists' in the newly built urban guerrilla warfare training centre, testing their latest laser guided missiles and 'smart' bombs in some of the most pristine wilderness I've ever seen on this planet - and in 30years of making films, I've seen a lot of this planet.

Idyllic Shoalwater Bay near Rockhampton will cop it all - live aerial bombing, ship to shore naval firings, underwater depth charges exploded in areas where turtles and dugong breed, nuclear subs using high level sonar frequency which zaps the hearing of sea life and mammals, nuclear aircraft carriers inside the so-called Great Barrier Reef marine national park (!), land based artillery firings blasting the hell out of areas where the most amazing biodiversity in Australia is to be found. (Shoalwater Bay covers 740,000 hectacres and is almost unique in our climatic landscape because it is a cross over point for tropical, sub tropical and temperate zones giving rise to an amazing variety of many species of flora and wildlife, birds,sea creatures etc).

These live munitions actions at Shoalwater Bay will run simultaneously with US bombing runs by Stealth, B1 and B52 bombers (just one B52 bomber carries 30 tonnes of bombs -needs three semi trailers to load it up with its bombload...) from Guam to drop their live payload from 5 kilometres high on Delamare bombing range near Katherine NT and live fire exercises involving many Abrams tanks rumbling across the landscape at Bradshaw tank range (surrounded by Bradshaw national park south of Darwin, target practising on country against the wishes of the senior Aboriginal elders, custodians of that country...).

These military exercises and their coordination in both states will be beamed live via satellite from tiny cameras on the tanks, bombers, landing craft, army commanders's lapels etc to the coordinating War Room at Newcastle where the US and Australian generals will call the shots of what is fired next. Son of Star Wars has arrived in Australia!

Please look at this website and subscribe to it to keep generally informed of what is happening, how to link up people in your local community if you want to help make this peace convergence a BIG event.

To be part of the actual organising email Dimity Hawkins from MAPW (Medical Association for the Prevention of War) www.dimity.hawkins...@mapw.org.au

Aussie-folks, do something about this!

[edit on 2-3-2007 by khunmoon]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
What are you all talking about? I don't see the OP? timeless is the first post I see, but timeless didn't start the thread?

Maybe you have Agit8dChop on ignore?

Peace,
- Naz

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This is outrageous.

I'm going to draft up some letters to various members of parliament, as well as activist groups and environmentalists. This CANNOT go ahead.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
I'm going to draft up some letters to various members of parliament, as well as activist groups and environmentalists. This CANNOT go ahead.

What good is that going to do? surly you do not think they are going to listen to a few no body's? Keep in mind Green peace and others have been complaining for years yet it still happens.

Joint training exercises have and will continue to go on for years to come wither you or I like it or not. Actually if you stop and think about it it is in your better interest.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Before everybody panicks, from a tactical point of view coral reefs make no sense as targets for military operations. A beach inside of a reef might sense if you could get landing craft over the reef. Hills overlooking a beach and surrounding areas make sense as targets. But the reefs themselves are more of an obstacle to go around rather than something to blast away at for no apparent reason. The exercise is probably planned for an area that is somewhere within a hundred or so miles of the barrier reef and someone took the idea that reefs were in danger and ran with it.

If the military is truely targeting coral reefs, that's criminal. There are a lot of anti-military elements who use any chance to take a jab at the armed forces. I've personnally seen large areas of military bases in the U.S. that are off limits to operations because of endangered woodpeckers. That trees are literally surrounded by tape with signs posted. If you really think the reefs are in danger then raise a stink and they'll back off. If your just using this to gripe about the military then check your facts first.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I think a bit more investigation is called for.

I'm not seeing a lot of links on the web, and given the number of environmental activists around, I find this odd. Let's see what we can find in confirming links, as others have said. The news was first reported in 2006 and as time gets closer, we can expect to see a lot of outrage... if the plans are still ongoing.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
No offense guys, but these sources are more biased then a FOX NEWs White house special. I cannot find one source other then people who are trying to sell books. That right the guy who wrote that article. www.johnpilger.com...

Read his new exciting book, A Secret Country LOL.. Uggh Anyways if you can please find real news links about this, and how they are reallying bombing the coral reef with Live Bombs.. lol I have a feeling this ain't the case. How many uninhabited islands are there in that area? Just step back, take a deep breath and ask why? and who really has the agenda in this story.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm seeing little other than biasing on my side aswell.

Don't get me wrong, if they were actually bombing the great barrier reef I would be flippant about it too... but these sources seem to be more of an attack against a certain party, than a report on what they know is going to happen.
Let's see if we can't get some more sources in here.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
Don't Australians have the Internet? I don’t know anyone who gets news from TV and Newspapers anymore. Or maybe the article is just not accurate.

There are lots of Ozzies that have the internet, but if we dont hear it on the TV or read it in the paper then most ozzies dont care.

regards, fm

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Well, like quite a few other members in this thread, I can't wait to write up a few letters, once I look into this a bit more.

I mean, surely they are not going to bomb the great barrier reef? There have got to be better targets out there . . . uhh *cough* 127,000 square kilometres at Woomera Test Facility *cough*

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Wait a minute lol.

They said western Australia, didn't they?
The great barrier reef is eastern Australia.

What's up with that?

It's either completely fake, or just stupidity of the author.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This thing is all too real.

Here's a couple of links.

From Peace Convergence about Talisman Sabre 07 - OZ/US Joint Military Exercise
Has all information on exercise, environment and protests planned.

And this the start page of www.peaceconvergence.com... with links, shortcuts and index.

An interesting website.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This is really quiet sad. I dont think any Australian would want these War games to happen here. But the sadder thing is, there is nothing we can do to stop it. Majoirty of Australians were agaisnt the war in Iraq, and it was a national issue with wide media attention, these war games will just have a 30 second reporting on the day it happens, with a endnote that it 'may have a effect on the enviroment'. It will be in the papers that day, and with-in a week it will be forgotten.

Wow democracy is great....

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It just beggers belief,

On such a vast piece of land, why choose that area?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join