It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here does or doesn't believe in god?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Just curious.. Once again.. Me? Personally? I could be more religious, but right now i'm questioning it. I don't really believe for personal reasons. But than again..

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I believe in God, for a number of reasons. If I was to tell you all my experiences of Him over the past 20 years we'd be here all day!

And I'm supposed to be at work...

[edit on 2/3/07 by jimboman]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
i don't believe in god and honestly, i don't think i ever did. maybe i was indoctrinated into thinking that god was a reality and i agreed with it, but i know i wasn't born that way.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I was created by God with a God shaped void in my life that can only be filled by him. I thank God daily for his blessing. I am living proof that God loves dummies and takes care of them.....

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I dont believe in "God" of the bible.
I dont believe in the bible.
I dont believe in the church.

I do believe i owe my existance to something though.
Not sure what.
Could be nature,energy,sun,higher power,whatever.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I agree with you, but I don't know what to believe in also..

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I dont remember ever believing in God, even when i was made to go to church as a kid.
It has had no negative impact on my life, my kids are currently attending a Catholic school, i'll leave them to make their own choices unlike i was.
I dont preach my beliefs (unless i'm asked for my opinion) and i expect the same courtesy, huh fat chance!! It seems every weekend, on my days off i get all sorts of religious door knockers.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I do not believe in God (s).

Religion is a man made social control mechanism. I refuse to play.

Religion is what is wrong with this world.

No God loves the little children who are born with diseases, or the mentally ill, or the deformed.

If that is what some people need to get them through their day, great. Just keep it to yourselves and leave me alone.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I do not believe in God(s).

I am an Agnostic Athiest. Look up the term.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadSeason313

I'd say pretty much everybody.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It is very hard to explain, but the short answer is yes, I believe in God.

My perceptions of a higher power have been largely shaped by Christianity, to deny that would be foolish. I was raised Christian. I admit that my perception of a Higher Power changes pretty often, little by little as I learn from other's perceptions and my own experiences.

I don't believe there is a set idea on God that is correct. I believe that God (have to edit this) could be everything, but we can also have a relationship with this Everything. That means we can see it through our own looking glass.

Reality is just an idea. Find someone who can tell you word for word what God is to you, which is what matters. Not going to happen.

[edit on 3-3-2007 by Novise]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I used to be that kid that walked four miles to church and back but quit that after becoming an adult, but I still believed in God and then about four months ago I woke up one morning a total atheist. It's like I must have actually thought about it all in my sleep (I do that sometimes) and without all of those ideas I was given as a child, the emperors nakedness showed up, I realized the bible was nothing but a fairytale and made absolutely no sense.

Only someone who wants to believe or has never questioned will believe because there is no logic in religion.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

I'd say pretty much everybody.

Count me in with yeahright.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Just curious.. Once again.. Me? Personally? I could be more religious, but right now i'm questioning it. I don't really believe for personal reasons. But than again..
I dont really care whether a deity exists, mainly due to being an atheist. Also even if one did exist it seems to not really give a rats arse on what we get up to so really why bother???

G

new topics

top topics

join