It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide!!...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Can death from stupidity really be considered a suicide?

Like, do the secret service agents protecting the president have a sense of humor....

I am kidding of course... don't try this as it will bring bad karma to the agents who shot you, I think....

Some people have died from what most others would consider really stupid suicidal ideas/actions.

I think I'll go see If I can get away from a bear after kicking it in the butt.....

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
That kicking a bear in the butt comment, if that were the case, I believe the person screwing with a bear in that way should win the Darwins award.
That sorta reminds me of those "Messin with bigfoot" videos. The Beef Jerky commercials..
.. Their posted on YouTube..

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
No, I think one of the better Darwin awards was when someone decided to put their ear near a Train track to listen for a coming train.....

That and the one who stole an old WW2 gun and tried to use it to rob a store, tried to shoot someone, (but as it was old the bullet didn't fire at first) then looked down the barrel to see what was wrong.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
I believe in reincarnation. I think that if a suicide were the result of not being able to deal with a situation that we really needed to resolve, then we might find ourselves in the same circumstances in the next life.

For example: You are always leaning on some else and not making any independant progress in life. Your spouse leaves you, and you'd rather die than face the world on your own. You commit suicide.

Next life you might be an orphan - no family at all. Now you are forced to face the world on your own - no choices this time.

It's like a great big cosmic "do-over." So suicide, to me, is really just postponing something, not escaping it. It's like steping back from a problem for a bit, thinking it over, and approaching it again from a different angle.

Oh I really liked what you had to offer here! I had to consider this issue a little while ago and after a lot of analysis I really did an about turn in my way of thinking.

First I pose some questions...

1. Why is the issue of suicide or euthanasia frowned upon in soce?

2. Various faiths speak of 'overcoming'... my point here is overcoming what?

3. What if overcoming embraces defeat? Someone realises that they can never overcome. Is that not overcoming? A learning?

I feel personally that if a person is thinking about suicide then why are they thinking it? Perhaps some people actually chose this? Ultimately, the choice is with the individual. It is their life and they can do what they want. I feel that people are too selfish. The majority of people who commit the act are usually very unhappy and do not live. I feel they are dead anyway. Like the light has gone off but they are still walking around medicated. There is a reason for all thoughts...they stem from somewhere. I dont embrace the demon analogy. That fails to consider the individual's emotions and experiences.

My faith also incorporates reincarnation and I have read too many personal accounts where people after death are 'resting' and communicating with loved ones. All are healing. Some people just dont cope and even though you might plan a scenario to learn, once there it may just be too hard.

I dont think its a matter of being sent to hell, unless you think Earth is hell? I believe if you commit suicide then you get another scenario in which to learn when you are ready

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
What about the guy who put 2 jetpack type rockets to his motorcycle and floored it head on into a mountain..
... Apparently he didn't know he was going to go that fast.. HAHAH

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Has anyone ever attempted before? And what happened afterward?

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I say if it was because of mental disease reasons, then you will be welcomed in heaven. If it was to get you out of evil, then you will be welcomed too. But if it was to excape something like what Hitler did, then your condemned.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Tamara Laroux shot herself with a .38...

Tamara Laroux was broken and aimless and thought her only option was to put a gun to her heart. Tamara attempted suicide by shooting herself in the chest. She died and came back to life. She believes she experienced the afterlife between the time she was bleeding out and when she recovered. I was convinced there was no way to live a completely happy life. If I couldn’t live happy, I didn’t want to live at all.

I believed the only answer for me was to end my life. I began screaming out to God, “God, forgive me.” The gun went off. My lungs began to fill up with blood. I began to go deaf. My eyes were open, and I became blinded. I knew that death was gripping my soul. Then all of a sudden I felt my soul leave my body. I instantly began falling and falling.

At that moment I knew I was no longer in control of my destiny. I ended up in a place that was complete torment. My body was burning. I no longer was lonely. I was no longer depressed. I became depression. I became loneliness. I became a tormented being of fear. I saw all of these other people and everybody was screaming out in pain. The mutual thing that everyone shared there was their desire to scream out to everybody on earth, “Do not come here. Acknowledge that life is about Jesus Christ.”

Eternity is real. Hell is real. Heaven is real. How you live your life will determine where you go. Everybody cried out that their loved ones would hear the truth.I saw the hand of God literally come down. I knew that He was coming for me. His hand picked me up, and instantaneously I was no longer a being of tormented sin. I now was being cleansed. God took me over the Heavens.

Source

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
One life touches many. It's a fundamental truth whether it's for good or evil.

"Man thinks they are each alone in this world. It is not true. You are all connected. One act can one day affect all." "Lady in the Water":

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Here is a quote from someone that committed suicide and came back to tell about it:

"Angie Fenimore, a wife and mother haunted by abuse in childhood and overwhelmed by despair, was in a desperate state of mind. On January 8, 1991, she committed suicide, hoping to escape her sense of emptiness and suffering. But clinical death didn't draw her to the light seen in so many near-death experiences."

"Is this what you really want? Don't you know that this is the worst thing you could have done?"

I could feel his anger and frustration, both because I'd thrown in the towel and because I had cut myself off from him and from his guidance.

So I answered: "But my life is so hard."

"You think that was hard? It is nothing compared to what awaits you if you take your life."

When the Father spoke, each of his words exploded into a complex of meanings, like fireworks, tiny balls of light that erupted into a billion bits of information, filling me with streams of vivid truth and pure understanding."

Angie Fenimore - near-death experiences
www.near-death.com...

LINK

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Dr. George Ritchie's near-death experience:

In a house, Jesus shows him the spirit of a boy following a living teenage girl and begging for forgiveness while the girl is completely unaware of the boy's presence. Jesus tells George that the boy committed suicide and is "chained to every consequence of his act."

Dr. George Ritchie's near-death experience

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MadSeason313

I asked this question to a Catholic priest when I was contemplating it. His response was that no one could say for sure if the person would go to Hell, but the lives of the loved ones left behind was so devastated, so many unanswered questions and so much guilt and sadness.

When you are thinking about suicide your despair seems to blot out thoughts of how it would affect the ones you love so I am glad he made me think about it from their perspective.

edit on 9/12/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Suicide wasn't relegated to being a sin by the Church (Rome) until 364 A.D. a year after Julian the Apostate's death because some christian sects in Egypt and Libya would attack travelers with sticks to provoke the travelers into killing them so they could go to be with Jesus and when that failed those people would tie themselves together and throw themselves off cliffs and there were so many people killing themeselves so they could go be with jesus that Rome instituted suicide as a sin. You can read the OT and not find any support for suicide being a sin, infact many jews did commit suicide to keep from being sold into slavery and as in the case of King Saul, he killed himself after losing a battle so he wouldn't be paraded around in chains by being captured.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Well, God said: "Thou shall not kill." and it is hard to exclude yourself from that command.

sad eyed lady

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Well, God said: "Thou shall not kill." and it is hard to exclude yourself from that command.

sad eyed lady

No that is an incorrect translation. In hebrew it actually says "you shall not murder". Murder means kill other people in cold blood, or in anger or revenge. Suicide does not constitute murder.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

What i do not understand is the mass Jewish suicides during the Siege of Masada? Highly religious era, highly religious people and yet mass suicide? Can anyone explain that to me? I have always thought that would be against their religious beliefs......

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Supposedly what happens when you commit suicide? In the context of after life, heaven and hell, things of that sort.

If Father allows you to be successful, (many fail), then you will sit until the end.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Suicide does not constitute murder.

Suicide is ALWAYS the worst thing a person can do and will take you AWAY from God's will.

Scripture and all of the above testimonies make this VERY clear.

Tamara Laroux's suicide took her to a place that was complete torment.

Something to think long and hard about before anyone reading this assumes that God agrees with your ideas about suicide.

Eternity is FAR too long to make the mistake of throwing it away because of a lie someone told you.

"Is this what you really want? Don't you know that this is the worst thing you could have done?"

I could feel his anger and frustration, both because I'd thrown in the towel and because I had cut myself off from him and from his guidance.

LINK

Look at it from God's point of view. He has already made ample provision for every conceivable circumstance of your spiritual and physical life.

"His Divine Power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and Godliness, through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue" (2Peter 1:3).

To ultimately run out of hope and commit suicide is unpardonable, because it is supreme defiance and "blasphemy against the Holy Ghost" (Matthew 12:31), and "hath never forgiveness" (Mark 3:29). The sin of suicide will never take you to the Heaven where Jesus is. "Then said Jesus again unto them, I go My way, and ye shall seek Me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come" (John 8:21).

True Christians will not commit suicide because True Saints do not "die in [their] sins" (John 8:21). Only "he that endureth to the end shall be saved" (Matthew 10:22).

What the Bible Says About Suicide

...the act of suicide rejects God's inherent sovereignty over life and is therefore sin if committed with full awareness of what one is doing.

God alone has the right to give and take human life. God is sovereign, appointing both the beginning and the end of our days (Job 14:5; Psalm 139:6).

"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's" (1Corinthians 6:19-20).

Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple. (1 Corinthians 3:16-17)

A suicide has an enormous impact on the immediate family and on society. The bereaved suffer catastrophic feelings of guilt for supposed neglect which allowed the suicide to happen. This pain is compounded by normal concerns about the eternal destiny of the suicide victim.

Suicide

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Suicide is not done for the sake of evil. People who take their lives almost always do so in despair and they see no other way out of their pain. Depression can wreak havoc on your mind. I don't believe a just and merciful God would destroy someone for despairing, least of all someone who believed in Jesus. As i stated above suicide wasn't even declared a sin until 364 and that was because the church was losing so many proselytes it threatened christianity. So it obviously wasn't an issue beforehand. The only unforgiveable sin is to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, that's the only sin Jesus said he would not forgive in this life or the next. If despairing was an unforgiveable sin then we're all doomed because everyone despairs at some point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join