It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide!!...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Supposedly what happens when you commit suicide? In the context of after life, heaven and hell, things of that sort.

I'm not really into religion as much as I could be, so i'm just asking..

[edit on 2-3-2007 by MadSeason313]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think the biggest point on suicide is that just about every religion (and I mean every) and philosophy agrees that it is negative. It's like the only thing that they all agree on lol.

Heaven and Hell can be interpreted in so many ways, and nobody can prove what happens in the after-life (which can also be interpreted in many ways, even as life itself). That is all up to beliefs...

EDIT: Some philosophies, like the Samurai do think it is the right thing to do when they dishonor their family or clan or something. Seppukku I think it is called. This is very rare. Only exception I can think of off the top of my head.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by Novise]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
What do you call a sucide when you are cornered and have no choice but to fight your enemy knowing that you will die even should you fight or not?

Desperate charge suicide? No choice suicide? Justifiable suicide?

What if you have to die for a mission or to save someone else?

Honorable suicide? Objective suicide? Indirect suicide?

Who decides what types of suicide are acceptable and what type are not?

What is worth throwing away one's own life for in any situation? God? Family? Country? Quest?

I don't have the answer either, but I keep looking.

P.S. "Some people say it's not how you die, but how you lived to that point."

[edit on 2-3-2007 by ixiy]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Not saying that you are thinking about it but if you are DON'T! Life is full of obsticles but nothing you cannot overcome.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
ConstantlyWondering, first of all, i'm not considering suicide.. Why? I believe that everyone has a purpose to serve.. Wether you be a soul that dies in the woumb, or an unnamed soldier in some war who simply steps on a landmine. I don't want to be some adolescent who couldn't handle it anymore, I would rather be a martyr in any situation. I believe I have'nt served my purpose yet, so i'm here to stay.

General. I'm talking about all aspects of suicide.. From a depressed youth who can't take the world anymore, to a martyr. I would just like to know what the consequences are in other peoples beliefs. Personally, I don't know. I was told we go to the same place as if we died happily in our sleep. I know Christianity has a different view on it, but i'm not too sure of the details.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Either you

1. Go straight to hell, no questions asked

2. Are for ever in limbo stuck between both places, until you someone prove you belong in one or the other.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hello Everyone.

Alright, let's get started then shall we.... According to the information I've looked up...

In Christianity, you go to hell, so say the conservative. But of course there is no direct verse stating such a thing. If I had to tell you, it's forgiveable just as murdering another person.

In Buddhism, bad karma.

In Hinduism, you end up as a g'host', unless of course you're fasting.

In Islam, you go to hell.

In Judaism, you just don't go to paradise, I think.

By the way, you seem to be agnostic to me, so if you're not Buddhist, Muslim, Christian, Jewish, or Hindu..... then why do you care?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It's a simple question. I was just cruious what the outcome "may" be in any religion. Not that I care, just a question out of curiousity.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't mean to be out of line Mad Season, but I imagine that you're 'looking for yourself'. Granted you are agnostic... but that means that you aren't sure. Maybe you're searching for something that follows up with your own logic?[ Well, as close as that gets anyway.] Nobody wants to go to hell.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
from our perspective we are many. from some perspectives we are one.

god's word lies within the word in question. god permiates all, no matter what label man puts on god, god is within man, so we are all buddists, we are all islam, we are all jewish, we are all christian, we are all, as is the image we are made in.

we percieve time as linear right now because of our opinion.

every other piece of reality througout our entire reality which is used as a basis for comparison shows us that time is round, and flowing in many directions.

The only variable in the equasion that determines father time is linear and not round is our perspective.

sue a side

there is truth in the word. If from our perspective time is linear, then a conflict exists, for there is more than one judge, there would be 2 or more judges, one was the judge that is the creative force, and one judge is the accumilation of all that is known to an omega, an end.

perhaps those who are inspired to sue a side do it in order to loop time back together, to put the egg (humpty) back together again takes more than all the horses and all the kings men. It also takes all the queen, the princesses, and their pony boys (messengers?), perhaps.

a soul that does not follow their own heart, their own loves, and who lives their lives living up to the expectations of others instead of permitting themselves to be who they are are conditioned to live up to others, and fall into a trap.

in some parts of the consciousness the alpha and the omega, their first and last thoughts, do not comply with eachother.

i think these souls either knock on alpha's or omega's will, but fail to journey to connect the two through love and the motivation for truth compliance.

so, naturally, if a soul chooses to give all to the alpha, then they choose to keep from their omega.

if a soul chooses to give all to the omega, then they choose to keep from their alpha.

alpha and omega being the same entity as the soul they respectfully fail to find truth compliance with themselves within the confines of their closest judge, themselves.

if a soul shares all with an alpha, they sue the omega.
if a soul shares all with an omega, they sue the alpha.

both are acceptable because they are forcing the alpha and the omega to acknowledge, recognize, accept, and teaching them to love eachother, in order to find truth compliance with reality, and create a time round paradigm, knot a time linear paradigm, which contradicts EVERYTHING that reality says time is.

sue a side = suicide

but it is possible, and favored by all if one can choose to resolve the conflict in their own mind, supplied by both alpha and omega, without the physical macro-organism having to die. death itself is a choice whether conscious of it or not.

find me an example of an energy that ceases to exist.
find me an example of where enough pressure can be exerted upon anything in reality that causes it to cease to exist.

it may change form, into an explosion, a gas, particles, light, but it merely transforms, it does not cease to exist.

that which is the same truth for all reality, be it matter, material, or energy, nothing ceases to exist, not even nothing.

a soul's free will, a soul's choice.

sue a side is suicide. And a messenger is born, but know the message that is being sent.

it does not require physical suicide, people need not kill themselves literally.

it is an aspect of our paradigm, our shared reality which can be resolved within one's mind prior to being manifested in a shared reality.

these are some of my thoughts on the subject.

i thank you for your time,
john

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The fact that most religions consider suicide an abomination and that a person would be condemned to hell is, in my mind, a demonstration of religion making judgments that are based on false beliefs.

Suicide is not evil. Suicide is not the work of a mind possessed by demons or the devil. Suicide is a mental disorder! Suicide is an irrational act performed by a mind that is, for all intents and purposes, in a state of chaos.

Depression, bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia, among other diseases, disorders and syndromes that have a high rate of this tragic action. Instead of outright condemnation that religions proclaim against those who commit suicide, one might consider that religions should be in the "front lines" along with mental health professionals. Through early intervention, a position that many clergy might find themselves in, many lives could be saved.

And, should a suicide occur, the families already suffer from enough trauma, shock and disbelief and certainly do not need to be saddled with the thought that their loved ones are doomed to hell! I don't care what the Bible may or not say about those who commit suicide (frankly I don't know or, for that matter even care), suicide is a mental illness. Mental illness can kill, like cancer or AIDs or any other fatal disease. Why should someone who has bi-polar who might kill themselves because of the " the storm that might exist in their minds" be doomed to eternal damnation? A God that is capable of such acts is certainly far from the loving diety that we all might worship.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
That last comment was pretty clear. heh. I wouldn't say it is a mental illnes though, I would say it's a decision. So if your about to captured and become a POW, is that last decision due to mental illness? I doubt it, I would just say it's an easier way out.. I wouldn't want to be brutally tortured either. The thought of dying doesn't scare me not one bit. It's just the pain that may concern me a little bit. I think that when we die we'll have a desicion to make anyway. I guess I believe in bits and peices of various religions. I guess I can say I would follow the Native American way far more than any other religion or culture. I suggest a book to many of you ATS people. Now, the book states, "if you indeed find this book in your hands, you are now readyto know the truth" I have a copy in my bedroom, I just haven't really finished the last chapter. I'll save it for another day.

Wow, I forgot to put the title of the book down
.. I need a Dr.Pepper. This is what happens when I get my nicotine but no caffeine

"The Kybalion" Hermetic Philosophy.. Thee Initiates.. Alot of it has to do with "Masonic beliefs".. "True enlightenment lies within these pages". Not my quote.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
In my faith, there are no "sins" so suicide is not a sin.

I believe in reincarnation. I think that if a suicide were the result of not being able to deal with a situation that we really needed to resolve, then we might find ourselves in the same circumstances in the next life.

For example: You are always leaning on some else and not making any independant progress in life. Your spouse leaves you, and you'd rather die than face the world on your own. You commit suicide.

Next life you might be an orphan - no family at all. Now you are forced to face the world on your own - no choices this time.

It's like a great big cosmic "do-over." So suicide, to me, is really just postponing something, not escaping it. It's like steping back from a problem for a bit, thinking it over, and approaching it again from a different angle.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
That is probably my favorite answer yet..
I was told by a really good friend, that if you don't learn your lesson in this life, you will have to learn it again in the next life. As a different person of course, but you will basically face the same trials as the last.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
It's like a great big cosmic "do-over." So suicide, to me, is really just postponing something, not escaping it. It's like steping back from a problem for a bit, thinking it over, and approaching it again from a different angle.

Oh you! Ya beat me to it! I read this darn thread and thought oh good no one made the piont I wanted to make!

Alos Madseason read Esoterics again until it fully sinks in. Those are great word he has given, fo time is not linear and is round. If you can link the alpha and the omega you can become like Jesus/Buddha and others that were not famous.

It is the secret to getting off the wheel of karma. We are all a portion of
God and until you can accept and not fear giving up the individual and not fear the singularity, we can never become part og God once again. This is all a dream my friend.

I am hear for you, as are many more.

My u2u box is always open.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I have been wondering recently what would be the best way to commit suicide. I think a clean way like overdose would be best rather throwing oneself under a train or truck.

I often wonder about this on my home from work in the train.......

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
the start and end of life is the same, it's like climbing a Mountain, there is a bottom where you start and the pinnacle, where you stop, the only thing that differs is which path each person takes to get there, each is different all end the same

BTW the "best" way is hanging or drowning, Hanging gives ya an Orgasm, drowning makes you feel like your in the womb again

is it suicide to push some one out of the way of a bus/truck knowing it will hit you?

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
BTW the "best" way is hanging or drowning, Hanging gives ya an Orgasm, drowning makes you feel like your in the womb again

Brilliant, but how do you know? Is it from experience?

is it suicide to push some one out of the way of a bus/truck knowing it will hit you?

I would say it isn't personally, I have put similar questions on here, and my opinion on such a situation is that it isn't. After all, if you do nothing, 2 of you die, rather than only one.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex

Brilliant, but how do you know? Is it from experience?

I would say it isn't personally, I have put similar questions on here, and my opinion on such a situation is that it isn't. After all, if you do nothing, 2 of you die, rather than only one.

yes, I have died many times, I guess I'm a slow learner LMAo :bnghd:

and as to the push thing, I meant you were on the sidewalk and the other person was going to get hit, if you do nothing you live

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

and as to the push thing, I meant you were on the sidewalk and the other person was going to get hit, if you do nothing you live

Oh, well then, I don't know. Possibly not, but perhaps killing by inaction if you do nothing. If there were two people in the path of said truck, saving them is definitely better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join