It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass UFO Sighting San Diego County

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Hey All,

Just got home from work at about 9:45pm and was watching the news (Fox 6 News in San Diego) and they reported that multiple witnesses across the county reported a UFO at around 8:00pm tonight. All the way from Coronado (near the bay) to Ramona (up in the mountains some 50 miles east). Pretty Cool stuff! I can't find anything on any of the local news websites as of yet, but I'm sure they'll be up soon.

It was speculated it might have been a meteor, however some people were so spooked that they called the police to file a report. As I find out more and more news sources post / run the story I'll keep updating here.

Cheers !

EDIT: Found an article (weblog) on the Union Tribunes Sight about it -
Union Tribune Weblog

Apparently some kind of "flaming object" (possibly a crash site????) Interesting stuff !

[edit on 2-3-2007 by zeeon]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
That's an interesting article.

I live in los angeles, and saw a yellow glowing fast moving object heading west at 8:30 this evening as well.

I was sitting on my couch (which is next to the patio sliding glass door) saw something moving out of the corner of my eye.

I thought it was odd because I couldn't hear the usual sounds that accompany a helicopter, so I walked out onto the patio (door was open the whole time just fyi) and one of three things happened:

1) The light went out, was turned out.

2) It was a meteor and just burned up and extinquished itself.

3) It took off so fast it looked like it dissapeared.

It's a clear night here in los angeles with high winds from the south west.

I have an unobstructed view and while it was hard to gauge the distance it certainly didn't look like something breaking the atmosphere and it didn't seem to be falling but moving west.

Interesting that people in San Diego saw what I saw in los angeles at the same time.

I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation but it'd be nice if there weren't.

Spiderj

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Strange stuff, I'm here in LA as well. Felt a very strange pulsating sensation this afternoon. Weird.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
This is off topic I guess, but not worthy of a thread.

A few hours ago (I know I suck at reporting) I stepped out of the bathroom and glanced out the window. I saw a orange object streak across the sky from north to south. This happened in a matter of... perhaps 2 seconds.

It was quite large as well... about the size of a dime at arms length.

I really don't know what it is... Although I was looking out a window it could not be a reflection as everything was dark... yet... shrug.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Strange
I will be keeping my eyes on the sky even more than I normally do! Stay tuned

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Yup and everything moves so fast you didn't have a camera ready or think about getting one because you didn't want to miss anything or wasn't sure it was anything.

Now maybe you can see why there is a problem with getting proof of things sometimes.

Now with that said I would like to say this. There has been a lot of activity lately I think we can all agree. I wonder what is going on up there because when something happens as discribed it could mean that some type of battle was going on up there for example.

What the policeman said the STAR went West into the Pacific Ocean. Stars don't go into the Ocean but...... When the Grey's do battle they try to take the fight out over the waters they don't want any ships crashing on our lands.

This sounds like something was going on and a shiip was trying to crash in the Ocean for not only us but there safety???????

Interesting very interesting. Keep a check to the Pacific Ocean.

Also we should keep a check on the earthquakes. The West Coast has been having more frequent earthquakes that they have been down playing. I still haven't felt comfortable with that area yet and something major could be up and the ships could be getting placed.

I know this all sounds crazy but this is the way things occur. I have no doubt that Norad is in the know they tract everything and are experts at ignorance for the public.

Keep a camera handy just in case

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
hi saw activity last week over here , no flaming balls of light just a light which passed over and stopped dead , there was then a few " shots" of light (its all i can say to describe it) from nowhere and this light shot off at 90 degrees towards the west , bloody sharpish too. I thawt this weird and put a posting about this on here but no interest or poss explaination has be shown. maybe im not worthy lol . still activity has increased over the last few months so im keeping a good watch ..

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Man I can't believe I missed that. I live in San Diego, and We always see (my brother, some friends) strange orbs of light in the sky, We have even seen an exploding star like object followed by two black jets, but never a flaming object like that. Man I can't believe I missed this.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Activity has increased over here too, last time I saw an orb of light was last week, and we also saw about eight orbs but they were not lit. Those could have been explained by balloons but I dunno, they were traveling at the same speed, they were the same size, they were not wobbling in the air current they were stationary and they were flying traveling along the same flight path.. I had my binoculars but all you can see was a sort of creme color ball.

edit:quoting error

[edit on 2-3-2007 by souls]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
yeah theres been kind of a spike all over the world.....ufo crashes in iran....africa.....and possibly san diego in less than three months i think more people are becoming aware i live in clovis new mexico back in 1976 a ufo crashed out in a field which is now north of our mall when i can find the story from the guy who worked at the paper (clovis news journal) ill post that story this man had a first-hand experience supposedly with the fedderallis taking a piece of whatever crashed there however...i havent been able to find his article from that day www.abqjournal.com...
ABQNews - 8:20am -- Move Over, Roswell but i could find the albequerqe journals reports about it

[edit on 2-3-2007 by justanothergangster]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
THere was a reported earthquake in San Francisco. Could it have been related?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
news.independent.co.uk... a 75 foot slab of granite.... now we figure out the size of the ufo.......geusstimate the speed.....and find somone who knows how much damage the impact would of caused

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
I saw a orange object streak across the sky from north to south. This happened in a matter of... perhaps 2 seconds. It was quite large as well... about the size of a dime at arms length.

I really don't know what it is... Although I was looking out a window it could not be a reflection as everything was dark... yet... shrug.

Actually Dulcimer that's pretty much what I saw, except more yellowish and moving west. I watched for a little longer, perhaps the entire sighting lasted five seconds tops.

Still I'm not ready to jump onto the alien craft bandwagon just yet.

Spiderj

Edit to add: As mentioned in my original post my patio door was open so I know it wasn't a reflection.

[edit on 3/2/2007 by Spiderj]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
As usual, I missed the whole thing.
I got home late last night, so I didn't have time to watch the news either. One thing I enjoy doing is sitting in the back yard on summer nights and watch the sky. I've had the luck of seeing a few meteors,.... but I've also seen lit-up objects stream across the sky in a very straight path. Definitely not planes. There were no blinking lights, and for the size it appeared, it seemed it was really, really high up, and was just moving too fast to be a plane. I'm not exactly an expert on astronomy, so my guess was that maybe I was seeing a satellite?
To give a better description, it looked like a small, unblinking star. Can anyone tell me what I might have been seeing?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
We are counting on all of you on the West Coast to keep your eyes and ears open and a camera at the ready.

I am surprised with the earthquakes going on in the area and then the slide then the smaller quakes still occurring why aren't they reporting this or updating at least. It seems they don't think this is important.

I still am not feeling at ease with the area out there so keep an eye on the sky and be aware of your pets and the animals.

Hopefully everything will calm keep us updated.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hmmm... it has long been rumoured that the Bush folk are going to make everyone petrified of UFO's with mass activity so as to convince everyone to agree to Martial Law.
This could be a dangerous ruse.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I am surprised with the earthquakes going on in the area and then the slide then the smaller quakes still occurring why aren't they reporting this or updating at least. It seems they don't think this is important.

Yeah that's because we really don't. I think it's just sort of a west coast/california thing.

I'm a native losangelino, born and raised and quite frankly I don't even get out of my chair if it's 4.0 or less.

If an earthquake happens during the night, my basic rule of thumb is I don't get out of bed and under a doorway until lamps start falling over and pictures start falling off the wall.

We're just numb to them especially since 94. It's like tornadoes or hurricanes I guess, when you live and are raised in an area with them I doubt you freak out that much, it becomes routine so to speak.

Spiderj

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I saw the light. UFO? Probably not, lights happened at exact time of 4.3 earthquake in San Fransisco. So it probably was earthquake lights. I wish it was mass sighting but unfortunatly it is highly coincidental that the lights accord at the same time as earthquake.

Any one else in Socal see that strange star close to the moon though?

[edit on 2-3-2007 by rich1974]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It's interesting alot of you guys are talking about earthquakes too. I work on NAS North Island and yesterday I could have SWORN I felt an earthquake (a red cruise box had its lid open and was banging against the wall, and the doors shuttered) for about 3 to 5 seconds.

I wonder if this is all just co-incidence? I also wonder if anyone has any pictures of the object last night? Someone across the county HAD to have snapped a photo of it - or atleast some astronomers or something/someone.

I wish there was also more news coverage about this - but as far as I can tell only the Union Tribune wrote a blog about it and thats it, despite the fact that they reported it last night on Fox 6.
I also watched the news this morning and there was nothing said about it. Don't you think, at the very least, if it really was just a meteor it would have been reported more?

Not jumping the gun, but the whole thing just sounds strange to me.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I live in Clairemont and its funny you should mention that. I have noticed my whole house shaking; sliding doors shaking fiercly, but there hasn't been any earthquakes. I thought it was large trucks, but it happened when I was smoking on the patio and there was no trucks. What is it?

[edit on 2-3-2007 by rich1974]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join