It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using high frequency waves to cause intense pain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Has anyone else heard about this?
I saw it on the discovery channel one time. It's a focused beam of high frequency sound waves that make people feel intense naseau and such. Anyone hear anything about the army's research into this area?

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Ever hear a screaming baby when you were eating at a restaurant?

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The Israeli version of the LRAD has nausea as a bonus side effect. It doesn't work quite the same way as an LRAD.

LRADs will flush you out and disorient you, though, if they're cranked up high enough you can't hang.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Cher's been doing it throughout her recording career.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well, there is the combination of Barry Manilow and Barbra Streisand, but it's considered to be a violation of the Geneva convention to use them in warfare.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
They are designed more for a crowd control, not warfare, or am I wrong ?

Hasn't this thing been around since the early 1900's ?
All those 6G waves and all, hehe.

here's some info
www.wanttoknow.info...

For some reason I am unable to find anything on the old stuff from the early 1900's.
I'll try looking some more.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by kaskad]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is what I've seen or not, but I've seen footage of something we have for crowd control. The system I saw was airborne, and beamed down on a crowd of test subjects on the ground. It was said they didn't know what was happening or what they were feeling, but they just knew they had to get out of where they were quick. Almost as soon as it was turned on, they started running and didn't stop until out of the zone.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
There is a fairly current thread about the lazer beam from a drone causing buring and blisters. The source said it has been used in Iraq. Said it was billions of candlewatt power.

Sounds pretty painful to me.

Another thread recalls the ban of big lazers by mere mortals, though.

new topics

top topics

join