It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher, 23, accused of having sex with at least 5 boys, ages 14 and 15

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I live very close to Clinton. Thats all thats on the local news here.

but, as Implosion said, If it were girl students with a male teacher, the s**t would hit the fan.

Amazing how screwed up society is these days.

Dae

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

Originally posted by Hellmutt
She's only 23, she's young.

The age difference is not that much

I bet these 14-15-year-old "boys" were happy

I'm sure it would be quite different. It just goes to show that sexism is still rampant in society today.

I understand what your saying Implosion but at the same time, deep dowm most people wont find it as wrong if it was a 23 year old man etc.

One reason off the top of my head is pregnancy, if the 23 year old female gets caught, no biggie, shes an adult and can deal with it. But if its a 14-15 year old it is a biggie.

The bit thats really wrong is that its teachers. Trust from parents, staff and pupils will be gone. Im all for young males getting experience from older women if thats what they want, just not from teachers and not til your 16.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
What is with all these women teachers having sex with all these boys? there has to be a case like this on the news at least once a year. Either women teachers have always done this, or this is one freaky damn trend.
I think it's the former--it's always been happening, but the media decided only recently to pay attention because they figured out it gets readers.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Sure, sex sells. Oldest story in the book...

Edit: typo

[edit on 2-3-2007 by Swordbeast]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The teachers are being irresponsible as hell, no doubt about that.
But do they qualify as "child molesters", despite what the law says?
I don't think so.

Teenagers are not the same as preadolescent children, regardless of the way the laws are written. We're all biologically programmed to start having sex in our teens, that's just the way Nature has wired us. All the hysteria surrounding teens and sex doesn't serve to protect anyone, and distracts from the real problem of child sexual abuse.

We have such a sick, hypocritical culture when it comes to these things.
We all know teens are interested in sex, the pages of magazines are filled with teen sex symbols, yet at the same time we try to pretend that teenagers are just like little kids, and that's the way the laws are written.

It's crazy. Cognitive dissonance on a massive scale, but few people are willing to confront it directly at all.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I also despise the fact that a lot of times in these sexual molestation (of adolescents) cases, there seems to be a tendency for everyone involved, including the police, to assume guilt before innocence.

I have a friend that was accused of sexual molestation by a girl's family because the family found love letters that she had written to him (she was infatuated with him, but that was it). Last time I talked to him, he had a hard time convincing many of the people involved in the case--particularly the police--that she was lying. A lot of them were saying stupid things like, "Why would a teenaged girl lie?"

Putting media attention makes these things even worse because the public is even more biased against the older person in assuming guilt. Sometimes, even when the accused is proven innocent, the public continues to assume guilt. It's not right.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
These "boys" are teenagers, almost adults.

People were marrying at their age less than a hundred years ago, so I guess maybe the drive is there.

On a sick note, the Pamela Rogers case was insane. That woman is extremely HOT. I think the guy was a moron to report it.
If I was in the same situation, I' dnot report it, except to my guy friends.

And I guess I'm a hypocrite too..if it was a male teacher, I'd say throw him under the jail.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
i guy that graduted my HS the year before me became a teacher.

he then slept with a 14yo girl from the school he taught at as well as a 15yo girl at a school he substituted at once and he got 10 years and was recently denied parole.

i think he was made an example of because he was a teacher. i dont think if he had been a clerk at 7-11 he'd have gotten nearly as much time.

and honestly, while i consider him a friend, i cant say i disagree with his sentence. what he did was wrong and especially since he was a teacher in particular. students need to trust their teachers, even to protect them from themselves. he didnt rape these girls, he just didnt say no to them.

he should have been the responsible one to say "im flattered but no, its wrong"

on a brighter side, he has spent his prison term so far helping inmates get their GED's and has gone through sex offender treatment...but his life is ruined. he cant teach again, he'll ahve to register everywhere he goes. for what? a quickie in the backseat with a cute little girl?

soooo not worth it IMHO.

but, after seeing a pic of the teacher from this case, heh, even as an adult i dont think id have turned her down, she's not hot but def a cutie lol

FWIW

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

It's kinda funny how we think.

It is how men think. And men think like idiots for the most part.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
i wanted to point out that when the laws about the age of consent were written for this country, teenagers didn't physically or emotionally develop as fast as they do today. today's 14-15 year old teenager looks and acts like a lot of 18 year olds from a century ago.

the laws are outdated and peoples attempts at trying to remain "morally correct" are hypocritical..

as far as the trust issue. i don't think it's fair to assume that a teacher is any different from any other human being...

if 15 year old's were attractive to YOU when you were in high school, how could you grow out of it? chances are those same girls are doing the same things they did back then. you still have hormones running through your body (don't you?), and your perception of what's attractive probably hasn't changed much.

i think the sooner people come to terms with this, the sooner these so called adults lay guilt and "victim" trips on these poor teenagers heads. because it's the adults perception being forced on them that makes them feel like something wrong happened.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
agree its a total double standard, but when I was a freshman I so much wanted to "do it" with my art teacher. She was 22-23 and smoking hot. 2 years later I think she left the school (not sure if fired or what) but it was well known that she had a relationship with one of the football players on our Varsity team, I believe he was a junior as well at the time and I think he transfered from our school his senior year.

But had it been a 20 something year old male teacher and a 15-16 year old female student we would have all said man thats wrong

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
How tipical you humans think, you just asume becuase your false moral ethnics say it wrong that it must automatically be wrong. Didn't you think for even one second that you might just be wrong? Law are made by idiots for idiots. Most boy reach sexual maturity at age of 13. Just becase you says it wrong doesn't make it wrong in nature or in natural order of thing. If nature thought like we do, we would be at sexual maturity at
20-21 not 13-15. I see this same lies and stupidy. Just goes to prove these people are wrong.

I can't support somthing that is wrong. If i was that kid i would track down basterd down that ratted us out and blow his brain out, stupid little traitor. Screwed up a perfect deal. One less brain dead idiot contaminating the gene pool. Kids at that age alwase wanting to be f'ing. Acource we deny and then end up with kids sleeping with same age group and disaster strikes. She should be handed a fricken medal, thank you for keeping attention away from girls of their same age group. I wish i was that child, got so lucky. I had work for my meat. It must be hard to be a female teacher with all these young hot guys around. Kind of like the male teacher in college. Kid in a candy store, look but don't touch. O wait never mind dont look either, were idiots.

Far as i am concerned The teacher is the viticm here

The teacher is the viticm here, of society

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
why cant it happen 2 me

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What's weird is that the lady isn't even attractive, especially compared to some of those hot blondes from the previous cases! But you see that oftentimes young people go out with people younger than them when they can't get someone their own age because the younger person is eager because they get a kick and status-boost by being with the older person. I flipped out when my lil' sister started going out with a 21yo when she was 16. God was that guy a loser.

But this kind of thing seems ridiculously common these days, it seems every couple of months or so there's another case. I do agree with the poster that suggested this kind of thing happens much more commonly than is reported.

I would also suggest that if it happens in a private school it will not be reported because the parties will be bought off so the reputation is not tarnished. There were some insane things that happened at my prep school that never made the news - just an example: when I was a junior, all but around 6 or 7 members of the senior class "resigned" (that is, they were expelled) only 6 weeks or so before graduation because they were caught or implicated in prescription drug passing at school. It was quite the purge. So, I think a little hide the salami with a teacher or aide would not be that big of a deal to cover up.

Let's see, graduate high school when you're 18, throw in some teachers who just received their bachelor's degree, 22 or 23... That's doggone close and not gross or even wrong IF NOT A TEACHER. Heck, we had a male volleyball coach get fired for hugging one of the female team members after they won a game, and it was a hug in front of hundreds of people - completely innocent, yet, he was a guy so he was sacked.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I know its wrong, but man why couldn't I have some of the hot teachers who actually like students when I was going to school.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Man, why can't they have teachers like that around here, male or
female, I don't care which.

Seriously though, I don't see the big problem with this, it was
consenting sex betwen two individuals.

Oh, and I don't care what the genders are either, so i would'nt feel
differently about this case if it was a male teacher and female
student(s), or if the teacher and studen(s) were the same gender.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dahl
why cant it happen 2 me

congratulations you made greatest post i have seen.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching_for_truth

Where were all these teachers when I was a kid?

Maybe we should consider oursleves lucky djohnsto77, we don't want ourselves to be the "victims" of this sexual encounters (Between a teacher & a student) do we?

LOL .. yeah, would have been nice to be seduced by a super model teacher at 15... *sighs*

But all kidding aside, she should get a mimimum of 25 years per child.

IF she where a man and had sex with 5 14-15yr olds the man would have gotten the same. Women deserve equal rights!

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
OK

Which one of you is "Teacher, 23",

you will be found out...so don't hide...make it easy on yourself !!

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
And men think like idiots for the most part.

I don't think that's true, though some men may do all their thinking from the wrong head sometimes. In reality, most men can maintain control when confronted with a sexual situation that could land them in jail.

Sure, we're a bunch of hairy horny beasts, but most of us can maintain a facade of civility when it comes to our zippers.

And in this case, I need to remind you that we're talking about a woman that was in a position of trust and responsibility.
I don't care how how close they were in age, she's a teacher, and as such, she should keep her hands off her students. If the boys want to pursue Mrs. Robinson down the street that would be fine. If they want to have a go at other students at school, that's also fine.

You just can't have the teachers screwing the students.
It changes the rules in the classroom and opens up a can of worms that just shouts favoritism to students that have a "special" relationship with the teacher.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join